1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone help me?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Taim Kelrathos, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Taim Kelrathos

Taim Kelrathos Squib

I've been looking for two types of cross-overs lately, and I can't find them anywhere. One is Harry Potter/Eragon x-overs and the other is the somewhat less feasable but, in my mind, still possible, Harry Potter/Evangelion x-overs. I can't find any and it's driving me crazy!:wall: :mid2

2. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This site doesn't cater to search requests; if you can't find it using the search function, try Fiction Alley.

3. BloodLust

BloodLust Banned

First of all, why not try the Search Tool, this usually greatly cuts down on these kind of posts and will probably save you from being virtually beaten to death by any mods, admins etc.

Even if you can't find any using the Search tool this kind of thread should be in the...Fanfic Discussion forum i believe.

And if this doesn't help, why not go on the 'Help! I'm Looking For...' forum on fictionalley. :)

Have A Nice Day

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Actually, we do - one of my first posts on this site (December 5th or 6th) was a request for any Aristocratic!Harry fics.

We don't cater to requests when it's pretty obvious that the story is already posted here, but if the OP is looking for something in general that they're having a hard time finding, then why shouldn't they ask?

Bloodlust is right, though, it belongs in Fanfic Discussion, if a mod would be kind enough to move it?

Taim Kelrathos: I've only seen one Hp x Evangelion that was a crapfest. Ron/Asuka makes me puke a little in my mouth, but beyond that one fic, nothing.

If you're a sadist, it's on the Cross-over list thread (pinned) on Fictionalley.

5. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Do try FFN's fic search system. Look into either of the categories (Evangelion or HP) and type key words (ex: if you're in the HP categ., type "Evangelion" as a key word to find in the summary).

Good luck, I hope you find what you want.

EDIT: Stop typing so fast, people. Been beaten twice today >_<

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  6. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Meh. I seem to remember a mile long thread started by Middy about requests. My bad.

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

No prob.

Mid was getting pissed at all the requests that could usually be filled by a quick look through our library, or by doing a quick search.

General genre/idea requests aren't anything new.

8. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

The no requests stuff is for the noobs who ask for Indy!Harry fics where his friends betray him. If it's obvious, if they can be easily found in the library but the poster is merely too fricking lazy to look in the library, those people need the rusty razor blade scrub.

Specific searches, especially if you've searched the library and not found anything, are allowed. I think this one's okay.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

-nod- Hey man, could you move this to Fanfic Discussion?

10. Taim Kelrathos

Taim Kelrathos Squib

Wow! I didn't mean to start an arguement about what is/isn't allowed. Sorry!
    And thanx for the help, I did look at the section over on FF.net and you're all right, all the HP/Eva stuff is truly a testament to bad writing. It almost makes me want to write my own to prove that it can be done well, but I lack the plot hook/motivation (read: I'm lazy). Oh well, one can hope something good may come out of it.