1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned In Light of Silver Memories by Taliath - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Anarual, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Anarual

Anarual Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Title : In Light of Silver Memories
    Author : Taliath
    Rating : T
    Genre : Post HBP Independent
    DLP Category : Independent
    Pairing : None so far
    Chapters: 5
    Words: 28,125
    Updated: November 17, 2006
    Published: August 25, 2006

Summary :Dumbledore's portrait wakes up at last to have one final chat with Harry. In order to aid the teen in his quest to destroy the Horcruxes, Dumbledore transfers his knowledge, wisdom, and experience. This chat will have unforeseen consequences in the war.

LINK : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3123807/1/

Basically Harry undergoes a Ritual where he absorbes all of Dumbles memories and knowledge. The Fic is quite good and the Author has many interesting ideas , and the best part for me : Muggles are inferior ;]

Quote : Harry twirled his wand, drawing their attention to it. “With this wand, this single wand alone, I can destroy Muggle London—and nothing you can do could stop me. Would you fire your guns at me? I could create a ward that would turn every bullet into a lovely flower. Would you direct your missiles in my direction? I would’ve been warned long before because of my proximity wards and Disapparated instantaneously to a location hundreds of meters from where I had previously been. Would you attempt to overwhelm me with numbers alone? With two words I could kill a man—now allow me to ask, how long do you think it’ll take to whisper two words over and over again to destroy a battalion of hundreds of soldiers? Not too long, sirs, not too long. All the while I would have a magical shields that would protect me from any lucky shot, dragonhide clothing to protect me from those that manage to get through the cloak—and a single wave of my wand to heal anything truly powerful enough to damage my person.

“Would you hide within your mighty structures of concrete and metal? I could Apparate through walls, I could conjure a fire so fierce it would burn water, let alone melt metal; I could send a storm so powerful it would blow your walls down, or I could transfigure cement into sand and metal into straw. I could drop the earth beneath your feet, call lightning out from the sky, summon the ocean in the middle of your city, or put your nation to sweet sleep. Would you believe your hiding would save you? I have spells that could search whomever I wanted, wherever they may be. You will have no where to hide, to shelter, to cower from my might and power.” Harry leaned back into his seat and stopped twirling his wand. “I may not be able to destroy Muggle London in a single day, or even perhaps a week, but if I direct my wand and my magic to her destruction, in the end, she will fall.”

EDIT : SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING , DIDN'T SEE THE FIC IN THE STORIES , ONLY LATER ON IN THE CHALLENGES ;/

Checked by Minion, March 10, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
  2. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

How about a link? Anyway, this story is listed in WBA forum DLP Work by Author link and the FF.net link.

Excellent story, great writing. As those who haven't seen the WBA thread (I can't imagine there are many) for this will find it is very popular with the crowd here.

SPOILER

Only reservation I have is that in the outstanding characterization of Dumbledore we lose sight of Harry Potter. It seems more of a take over, than a merging. /SPOILER

Still over all a 5/5. Don't forget your other story Taliath. :)

3. invisdible

invisdible Second Year

4. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

Just for the record,no shit sherlock.You want a cookie for that?

5. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Since this is in the for review column, here is my oppinion. I find the story short but interesting. The ritual to absorb Dumbledores memories is a new one, usually people absorb Voldemorts. I do find it a tad creepy that Harry sounds like Dumbledore. It's pretty well written and few errors. I give it a 4/5

6. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

by far my favorite story atm. Honestly the reason i like it is because Harry is no longer Harry, he's Dumbledore. 90 percent of the time harry becomes an ass/dark/independent/arrogant/ect to beat Voldemort. This story shows Harry as a still very light and noble wizard, but a bad ass at the same time without making him come across as a bad ass. I guess i just really like dumbledores character, and put on Harry its 100x better.

7. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Uh...this one has been a DLP favorite for quite a lot of time considering that the author is quite well known here. From now post your reviews in the main thread if you will.

Review section isnt for people to review old stories. It's so members can bring unknown ones to everybody's notice.

8. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

I think a MODERATOR should judge if this should be here, the FWG thread was a submission thread for the judges/contestants - not a discussion thread for the fic. Lots of fics are in both the Work by Author section and the Library...so I would think if it isn't already in the Library, this is the main thread.

That said, this is a great story and I'm eagerly awaiting the next update, I do think that Scrimgeour's antics in the last couple of chapters were a little childish and OOC. 5/5

9. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Indeed. As you guessed, this thread is perfectly fine as it is not in the main library.

10. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

Well I think this story should be moved to the library. It is darn great.

The concept of the story is excellent and Taliath's writing style is magnificent. Harry's and Dumbledore's characters are mixed so smoothly. I eagerly wait for all the updates of this story. 4.5/5

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

The discussion has been settled. I just removed the FWG forum.

12. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

OH.

My.

[INSERT VARIOUS VERB FOLLOWED BY DIETY OF CHOICE]

Anyone who does not agree gets kuntPunted.

Love,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Psycopathic Murderous DeathSheep from Hell.

Sheep
    ------

If you understand how great sheep are, then you will understand the rating I have given this story. If you don't, prepare to get kuntPunched.

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, this story is great. One of my favorites. I didn't noticed I hadn't posted here until now. I had to fix that.

Great work with this story, man.

14. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

Finally got round to reading this, dont know why it took me so long and now i am annoyed that it did. Brilliant, there really is no other word for it, utterly brilliant. 5/5