1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Sins of the Survivor by Chiara Crawford - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Silke, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Silke

Silke Second Year

Title: Sins of the Survivor
    Author: Chiara Crawford
    Genre: Drama
    Summary: "Harry Potter, prophesized to be the mortal enemy of the Dark Lord. How far will he go in order to survive?"
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2400884/1/

It's a great story though updates can be a bit slow.
    Not much more else to say, just read it.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Ill agree... its good... i like it... and its got Fem!Blaise/Harry

thoguh i do have a problem with the guy/girl typing 2IC ... s/he only did it twice but that fucking pisses me off... lazy fucking fucktard type the shit out you god damned idiot!!

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Vash... I have no idea what you just said... but yeah! :p I'll read it since it's Harry/Fem!Blaise and hopefully it isnt like that other one that was shitty with lightsabers and such.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Several things in this story piss me off.

Most notably Harry being named after the returning DADA teacher, who happens to of been bestest friends with James and Lily. "Hadrian James Potter"

Its a decent start, but just several small things pissed me off I won't even start on the shameless word count whoring by reposting past events as flashbacks

5. HashBrowns

HashBrowns First Year

I enjoyed it. Although I wish the author had taken the time to write out second in command as well. 2IC is kinda gay.

6. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

reposting past events as flashbacks? They should be cited for improper use of flashbacks, I believe that is also the name of the sister Department of Mr. Weasley's.

I am guessing this fic also goes into first person because that is when you usually come across those kind of things. Another serious offence against flashbacks is when they use them to show how some group of people meet. We don't need to know the exact situation and if you insist on telling the readers how it happened a couple of sentences is all that is necessary.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It's pretty good I reckon. Looks like Ginny's going to go all slutty-light-witch cow on Harry, lol.

8. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The thing that pissed me off about it was flashing back something that JUST happened, and then flashing back in a different person's point of view.

9. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

Or follow the other cliche in which Ginny becomes so dedicated *coughobsessedcough* to freeing ^HER^ Harry the she turns dark in her efforts to save her Harry from the potions and spells of the wicked non-ginnys because it is obvious the ^HER^ Harry is ^HERS^, and couldn't possibly be attracted to someone else because Harry is ^HERS^ and is likewise as devoted *coughobsessedcough* with Ginny as she is him because it was fortold by the patil twins after the Yule ball of course such brilliant seers who can obviously see the future saw Ginny's love *coughstalker-syndrome/obsession/devotioncough* and stepped aside so that she could have him, of course it had nothing to do with the fact that they were wasted . . and groping eachother, and Ginny was/is totally oblivious that there would be any emotion after Harry just 'dumped' Pavarti realizing that he loved Ginny, theirfore ginny must resort to the sark arts to get the evil nonginnies away from ^HER^ harry if she has to give Harry a healthy supply of 'health' *coughlovecough* potions so that his head is on straight so be it she will go through any lengths so that Haryy realizes that Ginny is the only one for him.

Enjoy the run on sentence. . . I was forgeting what tense I was in and everything. Please excuse any spelling mistakes as I am very tired and my brother worked me very hard today lifting weights and my arms and through extension finger are very hard to control atm :p

Edit: note I liked the story so far. :twisted:

10. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Oh man, that is worse then I thought you were talking about. I forgot some of these authors do that its been so long since I have seen it.

11. Vecna

Vecna Fourth Year

Getting a error message, deleted?

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

think FF.net is down....

13. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I read the new chapter before FF.Net went down...it was okay. Wormtail definately got his though.

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

FF.Net is down? Err... that fucking sucks. Ahh well, might as well go out and light some fireworks. It is Guy Fawkes after all.

15. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I never really understood the purpose behind that holiday. My AP Euro teacher (he's a brit) tried to explain it to me... But i never got it

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I dont understand it either but its good fun. Keeps me entertained for a night.

This new chapter Ravenclaw... I havnt seen it and I cant find it... the last chapter that was posted had everyone gawking at Harry because he was hanging with the snakes... unless for some reason I couldnt get onto the latest chapter for some stupid reason... its happened before.

17. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

it's o.k., but not really exceptional. It reminds me too strongly of those fictions that have Harry as Salazar Slytherin[or his soul]. :roll:

18. Euphemism

Euphemism First Year

Nice runon, but I wish you wouldn't lump Padma with Parvati. There aren't enough H/Padma fics out there, anyway.

Just started reading this one - the spelling and grammar's fairly decent, only a few stumbles here and there, but one that really amused me is this line:
    Imagine that. Power Fractions. Perhaps Slytherin has a math league of some sort? The Slytherin Arithmetic & Power Symbols. You know, that one annoys me quite a bit more than the 2IC, though it's rather annoying too.

19. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

And Malfoy is supposed to have an older brother that was not a voldie groupie. I say the best thing in this fics the fem!blaise

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah. I found that weird tha Malfoy's bro wasnt all Death Eater.