PDA

View Full Version : Sins of the Survivor by Chiara Crawford - T

Silke
11-02-2005, 07:08 AM
Title: Sins of the Survivor
Author: Chiara Crawford
Genre: Drama
Summary: "Harry Potter, prophesized to be the mortal enemy of the Dark Lord. How far will he go in order to survive?"
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2400884/1/

It's a great story though updates can be a bit slow.
Not much more else to say, just read it.

Antivash
11-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Ill agree... its good... i like it... and its got Fem!Blaise/Harry

thoguh i do have a problem with the guy/girl typing 2IC ... s/he only did it twice but that fucking pisses me off... lazy fucking fucktard type the shit out you god damned idiot!!

Dark Syaoran
11-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Vash... I have no idea what you just said... but yeah! :P I'll read it since it's Harry/Fem!Blaise and hopefully it isnt like that other one that was shitty with lightsabers and such.

Midknight
11-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Several things in this story piss me off.

Most notably Harry being named after the returning DADA teacher, who happens to of been bestest friends with James and Lily. "Hadrian James Potter"

Its a decent start, but just several small things pissed me off I won't even start on the shameless word count whoring by reposting past events as flashbacks

HashBrowns
11-03-2005, 12:25 AM
I enjoyed it. Although I wish the author had taken the time to write out second in command as well. 2IC is kinda gay.

Necrule Paen
11-03-2005, 01:37 AM

Most notably Harry being named after the returning DADA teacher, who happens to of been bestest friends with James and Lily. "Hadrian James Potter"

Its a decent start, but just several small things pissed me off I won't even start on the shameless word count whoring by reposting past events as flashbacks

reposting past events as flashbacks? They should be cited for improper use of flashbacks, I believe that is also the name of the sister Department of Mr. Weasley's.

I am guessing this fic also goes into first person because that is when you usually come across those kind of things. Another serious offence against flashbacks is when they use them to show how some group of people meet. We don't need to know the exact situation and if you insist on telling the readers how it happened a couple of sentences is all that is necessary.

Dark Syaoran
11-03-2005, 11:13 PM
It's pretty good I reckon. Looks like Ginny's going to go all slutty-light-witch cow on Harry, lol.

Midknight
11-03-2005, 11:57 PM

reposting past events as flashbacks? They should be cited for improper use of flashbacks, I believe that is also the name of the sister Department of Mr. Weasley's.

I am guessing this fic also goes into first person because that is when you usually come across those kind of things. Another serious offence against flashbacks is when they use them to show how some group of people meet. We don't need to know the exact situation and if you insist on telling the readers how it happened a couple of sentences is all that is necessary.

The thing that pissed me off about it was flashing back something that JUST happened, and then flashing back in a different person's point of view.

RagefulLlama
11-04-2005, 01:31 AM
It's pretty good I reckon. Looks like Ginny's going to go all slutty-light-witch cow on Harry, lol.

Or follow the other cliche in which Ginny becomes so dedicated *coughobsessedcough* to freeing ^HER^ Harry the she turns dark in her efforts to save her Harry from the potions and spells of the wicked non-ginnys because it is obvious the ^HER^ Harry is ^HERS^, and couldn't possibly be attracted to someone else because Harry is ^HERS^ and is likewise as devoted *coughobsessedcough* with Ginny as she is him because it was fortold by the patil twins after the Yule ball of course such brilliant seers who can obviously see the future saw Ginny's love *coughstalker-syndrome/obsession/devotioncough* and stepped aside so that she could have him, of course it had nothing to do with the fact that they were wasted . . and groping eachother, and Ginny was/is totally oblivious that there would be any emotion after Harry just 'dumped' Pavarti realizing that he loved Ginny, theirfore ginny must resort to the sark arts to get the evil nonginnies away from ^HER^ harry if she has to give Harry a healthy supply of 'health' *coughlovecough* potions so that his head is on straight so be it she will go through any lengths so that Haryy realizes that Ginny is the only one for him.

Enjoy the run on sentence. . . I was forgeting what tense I was in and everything. Please excuse any spelling mistakes as I am very tired and my brother worked me very hard today lifting weights and my arms and through extension finger are very hard to control atm :-P

Edit: note I liked the story so far. :twisted:

Necrule Paen
11-04-2005, 01:40 AM
The thing that pissed me off about it was flashing back something that JUST happened, and then flashing back in a different person's point of view.

Oh man, that is worse then I thought you were talking about. I forgot some of these authors do that its been so long since I have seen it.

Vecna
11-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Getting a error message, deleted?

Antivash
11-04-2005, 03:47 PM
think FF.net is down....

Lord Ravenclaw
11-04-2005, 04:10 PM
I read the new chapter before FF.Net went down...it was okay. Wormtail definately got his though.

Dark Syaoran
11-05-2005, 02:37 AM
FF.Net is down? Err... that fucking sucks. Ahh well, might as well go out and light some fireworks. It is Guy Fawkes after all.

Giovanni
11-05-2005, 10:47 AM
I never really understood the purpose behind that holiday. My AP Euro teacher (he's a brit) tried to explain it to me... But i never got it

Dark Syaoran
11-06-2005, 03:34 AM
I dont understand it either but its good fun. Keeps me entertained for a night.

This new chapter Ravenclaw... I havnt seen it and I cant find it... the last chapter that was posted had everyone gawking at Harry because he was hanging with the snakes... unless for some reason I couldnt get onto the latest chapter for some stupid reason... its happened before.

realmess
11-06-2005, 10:05 AM
it's o.k., but not really exceptional. It reminds me too strongly of those fictions that have Harry as Salazar Slytherin[or his soul]. :roll:

Euphemism
12-21-2005, 01:43 PM
... because it was fortold by the patil twins after the Yule ball of course such brilliant seers who can obviously see the future saw Ginny's love ...
Nice runon, but I wish you wouldn't lump Padma with Parvati. There aren't enough H/Padma fics out there, anyway.

Just started reading this one - the spelling and grammar's fairly decent, only a few stumbles here and there, but one that really amused me is this line:
There will be some inner house conflicts in the next month or so, as the seventh years graduated and many of them were leaders of the power fractions.
Imagine that. Power Fractions. Perhaps Slytherin has a math league of some sort? The Slytherin Arithmetic & Power Symbols. You know, that one annoys me quite a bit more than the 2IC, though it's rather annoying too.

MysterioX
12-23-2005, 03:32 PM
And Malfoy is supposed to have an older brother that was not a voldie groupie. I say the best thing in this fics the fem!blaise

Dark Syaoran
12-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah. I found that weird tha Malfoy's bro wasnt all Death Eater.

Gullible
01-31-2006, 07:44 AM
That was strange yeah but don't you find it annoying how apparently harry had been setting stuff up since the end of fourth year and the author can't be bothered to give us some info on how but instead flashes back to things you have already read?

ip82
02-19-2006, 05:35 PM
New chapter of this fine story is finally up.

It's not bad but could be better. She did a redeemed!Voldemort thing rather well, save for some gayness in their instant-brotherly relationship. Evil!Ginny plot is rather nice too. Blaise is maybe a little too perfect and sureal (as is Harry, in all honesty), but I guess appearances are 90% of this story, so that can be excused.

Anyway, if you haven't read this, do it. It's the best heir of Slytherin story at the moment, especially if you don't mind (or like) slightly lyric/poetic writing style.

Dark Syaoran
02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
I stopped watching this like... two days ago, lol. Didnt think it was going to move.

Patrik f
04-22-2006, 08:08 PM
I rather like this story, I especially like how Voldy was redeemed was done but it pisses me off how easy Tom allowed the Defence Teacher to be part of the group going down into the chamber, He was cursed by someone in the same order as the teacher, if it was me would I not allow him near me no matter what oaths he had taken.

tridentwatch
04-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Did anyone else go "WTF IS THIS STUPID PEICE OF SHIT" when they were reading this or is it just me? :mid2

Promios
04-29-2006, 06:14 PM
OMFG! TRHG is just DISGUSTING! I hate redeemed Tom, that SUX.

tridentwatch
04-29-2006, 08:55 PM
OMFG! TRHG is just DISGUSTING! I hate redeemed Tom, that SUX.

lol, promios you sound like one of those girls on msn who go: Like omg, wtf is this, stfu, that sux...

Although I have never heard of TRHG. Whats that?

Raijin
04-30-2006, 12:14 AM
Although I have never heard of TRHG. Whats that?

TRHG is tom and hermione. The saving of Tom doesn't really bother me as much as the thing with the soul twisting.

cu_cullen9
05-03-2006, 03:51 AM
I think it would be interesting to see Hermoines reaction to finding out she was lusting after Tom.

MysterioX
05-03-2006, 12:45 PM
she just raised her wand at him only to lower it get all chummy after the he is good now explanation. The author could have done that part better over all the new chapter was a good read

Memory King
08-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Pretty good writing style, aside from minor errors. But the story suffers from lack of noticeable character and world development. Harry suddenly goes by Hadrian, Draco gains an older brother who's not a Voldemort supporter, the back-story isn't explained sufficiently. Harry's sudden transformation into the perfect Slytherin is especially jarring.

The most disappointing thing is how Harry/Blaise was rushed, and that Harry was accepted in her clique almost immediately.

Narration is clumsy in some parts, the repeated sequences don't add anything to the story.

The whole thing with redeeming Voldemort is the final straw in my opinion.

Overall a disappointment, because this author has a lot of potential.

2/5