1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Terran Ascension by EvilKender - SG1 - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Phoenix-nl-, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Phoenix-nl-

Phoenix-nl- Muggle

Title: The Terran Ascension
    Author: EvilKender
    Rating: m
    Genre: Sci-Fi/Action/Adventure
    DLP Category: crossover / something else
    Pairing: not yet
    Summary: [HPxSG1]When Harry Potter finds The Chamber of Merlin within the halls of Hogwarts the future of Earth will never be the same.
    Storie begins with the explaining of atlantis and camelot and there relation to the Stargate. Sg1 is not in the storie yet.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3295571/1/
    Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ekenderfanfiction/files/The Graveyard/Terran Ascension/

Checked by Minion, December 25, 2012
    Kendercleric removed his stories from ff.net, but this one can still be found in his yahoo group (see link above).
    Another author adopted the story (apparently approved by Kender): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3421384/1/The-Terran-Ascension

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
  2. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

3/5 at best. It’s not bad, but right now the only thing that’s holding it up is that it’s a Stargate crossover, otherwise it just seems to be a superpower Harry with ascended powers.
    <o></o>
    Hopefully that will not be the case and we will have a plot too.

3. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

I'll give it a 5/5 because it's off to a good start and the writer seems to know what he's doing. I love these sort of crossovers, although I can see why many people can't. It's obviously going to become a Stargate story with Harry Potter in it- but the potential for that looks great and I have no qualms with it.

4. Amadan

Amadan Second Year

I liked the story but as Zevrillion said it's mainly because it's a Stargate crossover. 3.5/5

5. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

The Harry Potter side of this story seems mediocre at best so far. The writting isn't great. A few of the seens are written rather well and with witt. Other particularly the dual and stargate universe discovery seemed predictable and cookie cutter. This story might be enjoyable to a stargate fan but that about it. The future of the story really depends on what the author dose with the plot from this point forward.

2.5/5 so far

6. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

2/5 and I'm being generous. The plot's nothing original, the whole story feels rushed and there's a BIG timeskip. That irritated me, and coupling that with the fact that Harry "just happens" to run into SG1 in the middle of a Honduras jungle is a big NO.

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I had assumed that we would see some Stargate Adventures... but they just went straight back to the Potterverse. To be fair I got up to where the Death Eater's gotThe Shield devices... and then I CTRL+W'ed I like the idea of harry being in both alot, it is fascinating, but mixing the enemies of the two just doesn't feel right to me.

3/5

Zev! One day I'll catch you when you're on and say Hi, I will! One day! One day!

8. Xenon

Xenon Professor

Well to be honest, its not that good. Some what original plot, but the huge time skip degrades the overall quality of the fic. Not to mention the poorly constructed plot device used to justify Harry's actions. The story makes it seem like he sat around angsting for a year before a light bulb suddenly appeared over his head. 'Hey, I'll absolve my guilt by getting a triple major and collecting alien artifacts for the good of mankind!'. I halfway expect him to break out a fedora and whip at some point.

Although I found it entertaining, I wouldn't say its library material. 3/5

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  9. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

The beginning, in the castle of Hogwarts doesn't make much sense. A hidden corridor that was found first by Harry even though the castle was constructed a thousand years ago and no one else found it? But well, let's say it happens.

Then, Merlin was lived way before the founders were born. He couldn't have possibly put this in Hogwarts. If this was located for example under Hogwarts in some kind of catacombs or something like that, it would make much more sense.

But nevermind these fact. In Stargate, 9th season, Merlin didn't give to people simply knowledge like that. There were some tests, etc. It doesn't make sense Harry's getting so much knowledge and power without doing anything. He should prove himself 'worthy' of that by killing some hologram knights or Wizards for example.

True power is achieved through hard work.

It's still a good fanfiction. Well, there's not much for now, but it's not bad. Your grammar and spelling is fine. Not that I know much about it, but it's not painful to read.

Well, for reader's comfort, paragraphs seems are a bit too long. Maybe it's because I'm tired right now, but I was lost a couple of times and had to read the paragraph from the beginning to find where I stopped reading.

Edit: the Appendice and Author's note can't be separatly posted in Fanfiction.net; a moderator may remove the story at any moment.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  10. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I'm liking it so far, but the length and full-chapter author-note piss me off. The time skip was epicly terrible and showed no indications of his training which would have enriched the story, and lacks details which would make a better story. 4/5

11. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

The 'Ancients' Have been cloning themselves remember? most of them probably could live 1200+ years.

Well, I'm not certain whether or not to be annoyed. about this one. The 'fight scene' with ol Tommy-boy was frankly horrible, the authors notes were an annoyance more than anything else, and the plot needs to be expanded on...

On the plus side, once the author bothered to explain, and flesh out his characters a little bit it wasn't too bad. In fact it's rather original in certain aspects. I'm thinking this is going to be Stargate+Hp rather than Magic+Stargate. Also if the author follows though with the premise he's set up, the moment harry leaves earth he will no longer be able to manipulate magic as the 'Atmosphere' of the other planets will shield them from the ambient energy getting though...

I'd say 3ish

12. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

This would be better if Harry wasn't a completely unlikeable retard. I wanted to like this, but I just couldn't. 2.5/5

13. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like it: most SG1/Hp crossovers go like this: Harry gets kidnapped by aliens and grows up on another word, Harry discovers his powers, Harry ascends to the position of a war leader, at some point returning to earth and finding out about his heritage along the way.

And this story is completely different. Admittedly, the way the author skipped over so much in a rush to get rid of Voldemort was annoying, but the Voldemort storyline is just, as it says, the prologue. The real story is Harry as a relic hunter of alien technology on earth which is, I think, a cool idea and one never done before.

Add that to a decent writing style and chapters of a good length and this gets:

4/5

14. carl

carl Seventh Year

Wrong it's the Asguard which clone themselves due to their inability to reproduce the natural way.

15. Amadan

Amadan Second Year

It's been updated again and now has a snippet of when he arrives at camalot.
    I get the feeling there will be alot of there "flashbacks" ,either way The timeline is getting confusing.

16. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

I think I see where he is going.

As new chapters are coming, we will see little by little how Harry got this power to kill Voldemort and became a relic hunter, while the main plot is Harry hunting alien relics.

I said "I think". Maybe that's not the case.

17. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

The author has discontinued all his stories leaving them open to be picked up by others as of a few days ago . . . disappointing . . .

18. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

The new author for the story is JewelsGlow15 and her updated (and frankly better version) can be found here.

19. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like the fic, and I would agree that the new author has a better talent for writing. I think there will probably be an update fairly soon, since in an AN in the latest chapter, the author mentions having to split the chapter in two, due to its size.

20. chelanxar

chelanxar Squib

darn. you beat me to it kender lol