1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stories where Harry gains Voldemorts knowledge

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Duke of Rothwood, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

I was looking for any stories where Harry somehow gains Voldemort's knowledge. It can be light or dark, thanks

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Some of these are okay but some really suck asshole. It has to be done right.

Even though you know how to do the spell doesnt mean you can actually do it. If that were the case, people like Hermione would probably rule the wizarding world. He should have to train with the knowledge he gains, not just suddenly be able to do it all.

4. Burt

Burt Fourth Year

Syaoran: If he has Voldemort's knowledge of the spells, wouldn't it stand to reason that he also has Voldemort's knowledge of how to use the spells? That is, he has Voldemort's first-hand experience in addition to Voldemort's bookish knowledge.

And, of course, our very own Lord Ravenclaw's Harry Potter and the Era of Hogwarts features Harry as a mind-leach.

5. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

^ Suck Up

6. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

While he may have the knowledge, i believe alot of spells are so draining on his reserves that without a dozen or so rituals he can;t use them effectivly in a dual.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That's my point. His magic isnt really used to being used like that, in such large bursts. He'd probably faint after using some serious advanced magic he has never used before but tried anyway because he knew how to do it.

The first hand experience would definitely help though sometimes he just gets the spells and not how to use them. I've seen a few of them around.

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

In my story, I deliberately forced him to NOT use most of the spells he learned. Most are far too powerful for his body, let alone magic to handle, which is why I also wrote the scene where Harry was injured by his large use of magic. The rituals I've been having him perform allow him to perform magic much easier, but he still has a long long way to go, thus the time he must spend in the past.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Indeed and thats why your story doesnt bother me.

10. Burt

Burt Fourth Year

On the other hand, Syaoran, 'magical exhaustion' is a fanon thing. Using magic doesn't seem to make Harry tired; in PoA, right after summoning his Patronus, he just keeps running around like nothing happened, didn't he?

Lord Ravenclaw: It's been so long since I looked at your fic, I'm afraid that some of the details escape me. Maybe I'll glance over it later.

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Meh. We are talking about fanon, so...

Sometimes I mix the two up.

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

So then everyone has an endless supply of magic?... doesnt that make EVERYONE as powerfl as Voldemort then? .. because seriously that is what you just said...HARRY casts the patronus charm and runs about like a chicken with its nuts cut off because, while being a bitchasss little wuss, he is a POWERFUL bitchass little wuss....

Logic dictates Magical Exhaustion is canon, merely not mention, else there would be no way for voldemort to have the control he does

13. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

when Harry was trying to do the Patronus before with Lupin it did exhaust him and besides why must magical exhaustion be tied into how you feel physically? I do not remember Harry doing any magic afterwards so he might have been magically exhausted and just did not know it.

14. Burt

Burt Fourth Year

It doesn't have to be logical. It's a children's book.

Harry's just an average Joe, that's how Rowling makes him out. And she says somewhere that everyone is either magical or they are not -- that everyone is equally magical. Although, you're right, she does contradict herself on this quite a few times.

Paen: I thought that the exhaustion was caused by the Bogart-Dementor, not the spell. Maybe I remember wrong, though -- been like two years since I've read it.

15. Of Blood and Power Here is another. I read it a while ago, but lost my intrest in it after it wasn't updated for a while.

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

17. Demon God of Chaos

Demon God of Chaos Seventh Year

hmm if he were to gleam some knowledger from Voldie's mind then he'd know the mumbo jumbo on how to do the stuff but it doesn't make him able to do it...

I;'ve got the idea that if he were to do a curse that required a lot of magical energy that he'd die immediately due to teh magic forcing itself into teh spell and out of his body, thus sapping his life energy. it's like Alchemy: you give something to make something. for eradicating Voldemort her'd give his life in exchange...