1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Hallowed Spirits by Scissorhands - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Shezza, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Title: Hallowed Spirits
    Author: Scissorhands
    Rating: M
    Genre: General
    DLP-Category: Alternates
    Pairing: Harry/Romilda
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 31,423
    Updated: December 29, 2007
    Published: December 15, 2006

Summary: Harry Potter is a hated monster, abandoned by his parents. Join him, as he struggles with his lack of humanity. AU. HPRV.
    Link: Link

I came across this story while searching the "rare" pairings of FF.Net. It only has one chapter but so far, it's great.
    The story is a twist on Brother BWL and neglected Harry. Voldemort came for the Potters before Lily had given birth and AK's the stomach. It bounces back, he's dead. When the boys are born, Lester is normal but Harry looks like a pale skinned, slit-nosed and freaky eyed baby- a mini-Voldemort. They promptly abandon him.
    Sadly, this story has been up since the 16th of December and I'm the first reviewer. It could be because of the Annoymous Reviews are turned off or that hardly anybody has noticed it. I think that if a few of us review, we could encourage him to continue quickly- nobody writes a story if they don't get reviewed.

5/5 for original idea and unique pairing.

Edit By Vash: Silly Shezza. Links!

Checked by Minion, Nov. 28, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
  2. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Link? Needa link here, linkey-poo where are you?

3. Scarty

Scarty Denarii Host DLP Supporter

A link please

4. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

5. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

i just read the first chapter and it is a very good and original start to a harry isn't the bwl. Leave this guy some reviews cause his story will only get better.

6. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Err... Pretty well written, Intersting permise. Very Unique twin Idea, But not quite my cup of tea. I'll Give it 3.5/5 for the effort and twist.

out of courisity, who is Romilda?

7. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

Its a really interesting start to a fic. Probably one of the better descriptions of the night Harry was born I have ever read.

I left same review on ff.net and invited the guy over to the site.

8. Scarty

Scarty Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Very interesting, I left a Review to. This taste Like "more"

9. TheJackOFDiamonds

TheJackOFDiamonds Third Year

I reviewed it. The original idea and the rare pairing automatically give it some potential for me, so I'll definitely check back for updates. Of course, with only one chapter written, anything can happen.

-the Jack

10. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

probly the coolest twin story idea i've read. Great idea, hopefully the rest of the story turns out good as well.

11. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Its...interesting. Though a willing suspension of disbelief is required to think that someone (other than Voldemort) raised mutated!Harry. I mean...what muggle/Wizard would raise a kid who looks like a demon? His parents abandoned him for a reason :/

3.5/5 ... lots of grammar mistakes, and he/she makes a very typically Slavic mistake in not using articles ('the', 'an', 'a'), such as saying "Wand was on the ground" instead of "The Wand was on the ground". Still, its interesting...obviously he has knowledge of magic, since he knows about his parents, the Order and Voldemort. It'll be interesting to see where he goes with it.

Manatheron: Romilda is Romilda Vane...which is weird, since in HBP she was only attracted to him because he was Harry Potter, the Chosen One. Love Potion and all >_>

12. Kari Black

Kari Black DA Member

Well, it's only got one chapter so far so it's a bit early to tell, but it's a good start. 4/5 for the first chapter, but I might change my mind based on later chapters.

13. se7en

se7en Professor

She is a character who is obsessed with Harry in the 6th book. She even used love potions.

14. The Duke

The Duke Seventh Year

Just read the chapter, very good and original concept and I'm definatly looking forward to more. I also invited him over to the site.
    Overall 4/5 and the rating may go up, I'm not gunna rate him lower than that just cuz english isn't his first language and some of his grammer sucks.

15. Myst

Myst Headmaster

This story shows promise and I like that. Seeing the original idea is great. I'm hoping for more.

4.5/5

16. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bah, I didnt like it. Its pretty original and all that, I just didnt like itfor some reason. Prolly Blue eyed harry.

2.5/5

17. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

A nice start. Hopefully he will continue. 4/5.

18. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Well, it was updated. Why is he living like a rat, if he apparently has control over his magic and has Voldemort's memories? Still, I'm waiting more, maybe he didn't want to attract attention?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  19. snufkin

snufkin First Year

No longer a pile of snow because the pile melted.
    I just read the second chapter. The author's grammar sort of annoys me once in a while, but the flow of the story is pretty good. And I don't get why Harry's living like a hobo if he's all powerful either. Maybe he doesn't want to alert Dumbledore's probby-thingies?

It's the first time I encounter 'Lester' as the name of alternate the boy-who-lived. Names used tend to be Jeremy, Daniel etc. It's a superficial issue but one that gets to me, so I'm happy about the name. One thing that bothers me is that alternate bwl looks like canon Harry. It's just weird to me that Harry isn't Harry when the brother is, physically anyway.

Anyone think the real Voldemort is still lurking around? Author hasn't mentionned anything about that, I think.

20. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

Second chapter doesn't disappoint. The author seems to know what he wants to do with the fic and I think that he can make something of it. My main concerns are that Harry's doesn't turn out to be too animalistic also the guy's grammar an d sentence structure are annoying but can be overlooked for the most part.