1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Invictus by Opalish - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Perfect Insanity, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Perfect Insanity

Perfect Insanity First Year

Title: Invictus
    Author: Opalish
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Humor
    Summary: Harry Potter disappeared from Privet Drive when he was six years old. Now, ten years later, he's been found...and he's not about to be anyone's hero. ON HIATUS.
    Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2230626/1/

rry heres the link. this is my first post.

ugh im awful.

Edit: Please, follow the posting format - srispg

2. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

I found this a while back but thought it was funny. Its not supposed to be serious and its just for fun. I think its pretty good. I love anything humorous and I can laugh at almost anything.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

... *cough* ... go read the posting format wont you? ... and no double posting...

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Its got a few *ug* moments, but other then that it's writing style and general lighthearted attempt makes it easier to overlook any of the cliches.

I do like Harry's attitude in the first few chapts, lol

5. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

This one looks to be very good, though it's been abandoned for years now.

It's 16 chapters and 90k words, and I read the first third of it. I'll definitely go back and finish it eventually.

Opalish has a very dry wit, and the style is light-hearted and fun. Harry is a sarcastic but likeable bastard who has been raised on the streets and somehow made friends with vampires. Once he rejoins the wizarding world, they remain loyal to him and his upcoming fight with Voldemort.

tl,dr: Some cliches, but opalish is a talented and entertaining writer. Worth the read. 4/5

6. Raining Ink

Raining Ink First Year

Overall, this is an okay fic to pass the time with. I read it awhile back and skimmed through it again for this review. Opalish was writing it just to have something to do, so it's not the most serious or elaborately constructed piece out there. (Harry's a bit Gary Stuish even by the author's admission.) But overall, the grammar is good; the dialogue is entertaining enough; and if another chapter was posted I would probably get around to reading it eventually. That won't happen, of course, as the author has firmly stated that the fic is abandoned. I might check out one of Opalish's 124 :)eek:) other stories though.

I rate it: 3/5

7. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The writing is the only strength. Opalish is very skilled, but the plot's so threadbare you won't remain any of the details a week after you read it - Harry's found, and is allied to a gay vampire but does not reciprocate its feelings.

3/5.

I'd say Opalish = 1/3 Ruskbyte

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  8. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    It least the vampire doesn't sparkle. If it did, I'd really want to kill something.

That said, gay+vampire=FAIL.

9. AcheronBlake

AcheronBlake Squib

I liked the first few chapters, Harry was a badass mother lover. But after he went to Hogwarts and suddenly lost 100 IQ points while everybody spoke aboe him and Dumbledore stuck his abnormally candy-filled nose into his life I gave up on it. Also the fail pairing with the gay vampire just ruined it for me.