1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Thank God You're Here: DLP Version NON S&P

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Jon, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Thank God you're here! DLP style. To compete you have to use the DLP IRC, or request a challenge here. The jist of the game, is that you are given a single sentence, and within an alloted amount of time you have to come up with a defined amount of words, to be posted at the time, whether you're done or not.

NON S&P For all your S&P Sickly Pleasures Click HERE

Please refrain from posting here unless you are answering a challenge given to you.
    Instead, post in the sister thread, refering to the post number which can be found here

Guidelines

Ten Minutes
    150 - 300 words

Twenty Minutes
    300 - 600 words.

Thirty Minutes
    600 - 900 words.

One Hour
    1000 - 1800 words

These of course, are just a standard guideline, but it is recommended as a rule of the thumbs, Times and words may be increased or decreased acoordingly, but if the ratio isn't within reasonable expectations then the challenge is null.

The format for a challenge is posted below, as the first issued challenge, to the man who gave the idea birth in the first place!

First up is..

Target
    Vayne
    Line:
    Harry and Aberorth go fishing in the Dead Sea.
    Length:
    300 min - 600 max.
    Timelimit:
    Twenty Minutes.

2. Vayne

Vayne Second Year

Challenge: Harry and Aberorth go fishing in the Dead Sea.
    Words 300-600
    Time: 20 mins
    Volunteered for by: Vayne

It had been a very odd year for Harry. The main reason for this was that the death of his brother had lead to Aberforth Dumbledore taking a more central, though still passive, role in the fight. Specifically, he had taken Harry under his proverbial wing as his new mentor. When Harry had found out about Ginny doping him with love potions, it had actually been Aberforth who’d stopped him going ballistic on her. Ultimately, Harry held the somewhat barmy old man responsible for his victory over Voldemort less than three weeks ago. For whatever reason though, Aberforth still felt he had some part to play in Harry’s life, and had yet to return to his pub in Hogsmeade. Instead he seemed determined to bring the Boy-Who-Conquered (as his young charge had become known in the press) out of himself and show that there was more to life than the fighting Harry had been through. Strangely, Luna Lovegood had appointed herself a similar role, and she and Aberforth frequently dragged their companion around the world chasing after some bizarre new species Luna had dreamed up.

This was the case today, as they Portkeyed to a hidden magical enclave near the shores of the Dead Sea. Luna had informed them that they were to catch a creature she called a Thanshar, a truly weird hybrid of fish and sea cucumber that apparently could only survive in the high-salt environment of the Dead Sea. Specifically, these creatures were at the very bottom of the deepest are of the inland sea, which, Luna claimed, was why their existence hadn’t yet been proven. Harry had his doubts, but for once Aberforth supported the somewhat eccentric witch, regaling the two teenagers with an epic tale of a battle with a giant Thanshar that had, so he claimed, nearly taken his hand off in his youth. Harry’s trepidation about their current mission lifted somewhat when Luna whispered into his ear that she was a little concerned about Aberforth’s sanity, since Thanshars were renowned for their passive natures. The sheer incongruity of Luna, of all people, questioning someone’s thought processes drew a wry chuckle from Harry.

“I can understand the flying carpet, since we need to get out to the middle of the lake, and I can even sort of understand why we’re using muggle fishing poles, since wizarding ones are charmed too light to sink, but why, pray tell, are we carrying three old tires and a bottle of ketchup?” Harry was inspecting the supplies for their fishing trip, and found them somewhat random. “My dear boy,” Aberforth addressed him in the manner he had shared with his brother, “old rubber, liberally doused in tomato juice is the only known lure for the dread Thanshars. I thought everybody knew that.” Harry tried hard to ignore Luna, who was standing behind Aberforth making crazy signs, while wearing a pouch containing a tin of marmite and some lettuce, which she claimed was ‘Guaranteed Thanshar bait’. Despite Harry’s doubts the three boarded their carpet and flew out into the deepest part of the Dead Sea, making liberal use of navigational charms to pinpoint the exact location that would be prime fishing grounds. Oddly enough neither Aberforth nor Luna’s baits seemed to bring any fish in, but after Harry decided to enter into the spirit of things by conjuring some socks and using them to bait his line he caught a neon blue creature that looked rather like a cross-breed between a cucumber and an Ichthyosaur, about 8 inches from nose to tail, covered in random purple splotches, which Luna proclaimed to be an adult Thanshar, while Aberforth demanded be recognised as a freshly hatched baby. Harry decided to compromise and call it middle-aged.

Challenge: Dobby and Winky have an interview with Dumbledore to seek positions at Hogwarts.
    Time: 30 minutes
    Words: 400+

3. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Line: Harry is sick of his imprisonment by the other side

“Crucio!”

Harry screamed in agony as he fell to the ground, his limbs twitching madly as he twisted and flailed on the ground, his bright green eyes clouded with pain. After a few seconds, the curse was lifted and Harry looked up, wiping the back of his mouth with a shaky hand as he stared at the back of a Death Eater as the servant of Lord Voldemort strolled from the cell.

“Next time, keep your comments about my mother to yourself!” The Death Eater shouted as he slammed the door shut, muttering darkly under his breath.

“B-But we were just getting started!” Harry cried in protest, a mischievous and stubborn smirk on his face as he staggered up, leaning heavily on the damp stone wall next to him. “What about this one then? You’re mother is so fat that I had to conjure a vat of flour and roll her in it to find the wet spot!”

“I mean it Potter! Merlin help me, if you open your mouth again I will come in there and…and….” The Death Eater outside peered through the enchanted bars of the door, his eyes narrowed and furious behind his mask.

“I’m not saying your mum is heavy, but she needs three broomsticks to keep her in the air,” Harry said as loudly and mockingly as he could. “And when she tried a Wronski Feint, she levelled the International Quidditch Stadium. What a tragic loss of life that day, just tragic.”

“Shut the fuck up Potter!” yelled the Death Eater in anger as he struggled with the door lock, finding it hard to open the nine inch bolt in his rage. “Or I’ll kill you!”

“I just don’t get it,” Harry said, his eyes twinkling with dark amusement as the Death Eater finally unbolted the door and stormed inside, his wand levelled at Harry.

“Get what, Potter? Why I find insults against my mother insulting?” The Death Eater ground out beneath clenched teeth.

“No, why the Ministry of Magic thinks that your mother is so ugly that she resembles a Nundu and sends a hundred Aurors after her,” Harry finished and braced himself for the inevitable. Honestly, he thought to himself, he really should have learnt his lesson by now, but this was too fun. Besides, this was his only source of amusement after spending three days in a cell by himself, save for the angry Death Eater guard in front of him.

“Cruc…” The Death Eater began, before his wand suddenly flew from his hand and into the hand of the figure standing at the doorway. The Death Eater spun around and his eyes went wide as Lord Voldemort entered in all of his twisted and dark glory, his crimson eyes gleaming as he studied his Death Eater.

“Did I not say that he was to be untouched until I arrived?” Lord Voldemort asked softly as Harry recovered his wits, narrowing his eyes and sending the dirtiest look he could muster at his hated nemesis.

“Milord…” The Death Eater began.

“Get out. I will deal with you later!” Voldemort hissed menacingly, his voice promising pain for the Death Eater as he literally scurried from the room. With a casual flick of his wand, Voldemort sealed the door and cast a modified silencing charm over the room. He turned to Harry, a dark look crossing over his face, as he eyed the teenage boy dangerously.

“Hey Voldemort, I know we’ve been through a lot and everything, but honestly, I don’t think our relationship has progressed to the point where we shut the doors and silence the room,” Harry said slowly, his eyes looking everywhere but into Voldemort’s. “What would Bellatrix think? More importantly, what would Nagini think?”

Voldemort frowned slightly. “Why should the opinions of my Familiar concern you?” He asked coldly.

“Well, I don’t want to get in the middle of a lover’s tiff,” Harry begun, a sarcastic quip on the tip of his tongue, but he was interrupted as something blinding hot struck him across the cheek. White flared in his eyes as he was thrown to the side, his head throbbing madly as he sat up, his face shocked.

“Please tell me that you did not just bitch slap me,” Harry growled angrily, remaining on the dirty floor.

“You were captured near the secret tomb of Slytherin,” Voldemort said, ignoring his comment as he slowly paced the room. “I understand that a mudblood and a blood-traitor were seen with you, and that you heroically stayed and fought to ensure their escape. What I want to know was what you were doing there.”

“Tomb of Slytherin, you say?” Harry repeated, looking confused. “Seriously, we’ve been doing a little camping and we forgot how to conjure chamber pots. We see this big obsidian looking thing and, well, you know.”

“So, it wouldn’t be that you’re on a quest to destroy my Horcruxes?” Voldemort said and noticed how Harry’s face suddenly went blank. A cold smile curled his lips as he continued. “Oh yes, did you not think that I, Lord Voldemort, was unaware of your movements?”

“Is that third-person thing really necessary?” Harry asked flatly. “Because you sound like Kermit the frog.”

“Kermit?” Voldemort repeated, his eyes narrowed. “What is a Kermit?”

“Powerful muggle superhero,” Harry replied after a moment’s hesitation. “The best. He could defeat your army of Death Eaters with a webbed hand tied behind his back.”

Voldemort looked slightly confused and decided that Harry was stalling, flicking his wand and sending the annoying brat hurling across the room. Harry landed in a heap at the other end of the stone cell and groaned in pain, slowly moving his legs to make sure that they weren’t broken.

“What do you know about my Horcruxes?” Voldemort hissed angrily. “And how did you find out about them?”

“I honestly don’t know what a Horcrux is!” Harry spat out, blood trickling from his split lip. As Voldemort raised his wand, he threw his hands out in front of him. “Wait!”

Voldemort waited as Harry wiped the blood from his lip, a dark smile curving his lips upwards as he waited for Harry to continue.

“Isn’t it a kind of toaster?” Harry asked as he sent a smirk towards Voldemort. “I could have sworn I heard my Aunt telling my Uncle about her new Horcrux toaster, guaranteed to roast anything. Or is it a breed of dog? Maybe it was my Aunt Marge and her new dog. Ripper the Horcrux. Hey, it kinda has a good ring to it! Maybe it was the dog...”

“Crucio!” Voldemort hissed angrily and Harry jerked back as the Unforgivable struck him, agony flowing through his veins as he twisted madly under the power of the spell. Voldemort dropped the curse and regarded Harry with a look of contempt.

“I have more pressing matters to attend to,” He hissed softy and dangerously. “The Ministry is planning a raid, and I must supervise my Death Eaters as they defend. However, when I am finished, prepare your body for more suffering. You will tell me what I want to know!”

As Voldemort stalked from the cell, Harry staggered up from the ground, ignoring his aching muscles as the door slammed.

“But Voldemort, we didn’t even get to the Mum insults!” He cried out. When he was sure the Dark Lord was gone, he let his tiredness wash over his face as he slumped his shoulders. “Fucking hell, I can’t take much more of this. That's it. I gotta get out of here..."

4. Lord Bill

Lord Bill ¯\(º_o)/¯ DLP Supporter

Challenger: xXx_A_xXx (Anna)
    Line: Hermione and Albus are found trapped in the broom closet with a flustered Serverus sanwiched between them...
    Length: 300-600 words
    Time: 30mins

Filch stalked angrily through the hallways, perpetual scowl more pronounced than ever. A trio of stuttering first years reported banging coming from an out of the way broom closet, as if he were some common nursemaid, to sooth their imaginary fears. If it weren’t for the prospect of ruining some hormonal students snog session, he wouldn’t have gone at all.

As he approached the cupboard in question, he noticed it was indeed rattling nearly off it hinges. Filch let out a snort, ‘Hogwarts had stood for far longer than any of its inhabitants, as if these little brats could break anything it didn’t want broken’. Getting closer, he suddenly heard muffled curses from behind the door. ‘Silencing charms,’ he thought ‘On the people but not the door.’ His scowl deepened at the realisation it wasn’t some teenaged lovefest he was interrupting, but instead helping a bullied student. Now only opening the door to sate his vindictive desire to further bully the student, he was shocked by two of Hogwart’s senior staff and it’s head girl bursting out, wands at the ready.

“Filch!” Dumbledore boomed “What’s going on? Is Hogwarts under attack?”

“No sir, ‘eadmaster, sir. Couple o’ first years reported a disturbance and I came as soon as possible.”

Next to the headmaster, Snape looked around warily. Hermione stood on the other side, trying not to panic at the fact she didn’t have a clue what was going on.

“Professor Dumbledore, how did we get in there?”

“I’m afraid I have no recollection of that myself. Professor Snape?”

Snape closed his eyes for a moment, then shook his head.

“Memory charm.”

With a curt nod to Filch, the Headmaster strode off, only turning to tell his cupboard companions to follow. Moving beyond the already open gargoyle into his office, the Headmaster turned towards the other two with his wand in hand. Silencing Hermione’s questions with an upturned hand, he turned to Snape.

“If you will, Professor?”

The potions master gave a curt nod and the two teachers locked eyes. After a second, Dumbledore turned away with a frown.

“Rock solid, I cannot get anything. Miss Granger, if you will look towards me then?”

“But Profes…”

“Legimens”

The room stilled for a moment, before the headmaster turned and strode towards a locked cabinet, opening it with a turn of his wand. He handed a murky potion to the bushy haired girl, who drank after only a look at the headmaster’s stern visage.

“Professor Snape and I were charmed well, but your memory charm is not as good. This potion will break it down.”

“Yes, I am remembering… Harry’s dorm! Professor, quickly!”

And with that, the group ran towards the Gryffindor tower, taking as many shortcuts as the headmaster knew. As they burst into the room, Hermione headed straight towards the wardrobe and pushed out a hidden back.

“It was in here, I know it was. But I don’t remember…”

Reaching in, she came out with a pale rubbery face mask, a black robe and a wand. Dumbledore looked panicked.

“Surely Harry cannot be a deatheater!”

“No, that’s not it, I’m sure, it was something else…”

“Indeed it is.” Said a voice from behind them. Turning, they saw Harry, with an unreadable look on his face. “I had to chase you down, so I couldn’t work well with your mind.”

“Harry, you did this?”

The look on Dumbledore’s face was grave.

“Wait! I remember now… Voldemort… He was killed on Halloween, 1981!”

Harry smirked, a blood red stone in one hand and his wand raised in the other…

Next Victim: Rob.
    Line: Harry has discovered the Power-The-Dark-Lord-Knows-Not! But why does it involve muggle chewing gum, string and a paper clip?
    Length: 300-600 words.
    Time: 10 minutes

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  5. Jon

Challenger: Shezza88
    Line: POST HBP Harry returns to a primary school reunion...
    Length: 500+ words
    Time: 30 mins

"I'm not going to some stupid school reunion, " Harry snapped angrily at his aunt.

"Nonsense, everyone goes to their school reunion, it's expected!" his aunt hissed out angrily, brandishing a thin piece of blue and white paper towards her nephew.

"I'm not everyone," Harry said bluntly, before he turned away from his closet blood relative and began to walk back up to his room.

"Of course, you're a freak, like your mother, only caring about yourself and never anyone else," Petunia sniffed out snidely, before she began to fold the letter up, " I suppose it can't be helped, We'll just have to inform them that you were sent to jail for killing someone."

"Don't you even think about it!" Harry said angrily as he turned upon the spot and glared back at his aunt.

"What shall I tell them then? Shall I tell them that You didn't want to thank the nice gentlemen and women that gave you your education? That you thought yourself above them?" Petunia asked sourly as she placed the envelop down beside the phone, and walked away, mumbling.

"You could try telling them the bloody truth," Harry called out to the retreating back of his aunt, it annoyed him slightly that she took no note of him.

A meter away from him, on top of a small wooden table, the letter remained still, open slightly, mocking him, as it were. Harry glanced upwards to the ceiling, where his room was, and then out towards the open front door.

He didn't really have anything else to do, and he was basically under house arrest until his birthday, with the order outside ready to pounce upon him the moment he showed signs of leaving the house alone, which they had done at least three time's when he had tried to get a loaf of bread, or a carton of milk from the nearest store.

It was, possibility one of the only chances he would get to be free of the household for a few more weeks.

Harry reached forth and grabbed the letter, before walking after his aunt, with one idea in mind.

---

And there Harry found himself, sitting on his lonesomein the corner of a room, while surrounded by a multitude of groups, all representing the various Cliques, each of which, Harry, himself was not a member of. he was slightly pacified at the prospect, as he was not the only person by themselves. At the beginning he had been by his lonesome in the regard, but as time progressed more and more people broke away from their old groups.

“Is this seat taken?” a feminine voice asked from behind Harry.

Without even looking Harry mumbled an ‘alright’ and continued to stare out at the single window high above the dance floor and seating corner.

“Aren’t you going to say anything to me?” the girl beside him said waspishly, prompting Harry to turn to face them, he had on the spot prepared a witty retort, one which he would have been proud to delivery unto his semi-unwanted companion.

Harry’s eyes widened lightly at the sight of the girl sitting next to him, she was not anyone he would have guessed. before him was a Black haired girl, with blue eyes, a certain girl who had been a certain bane to a certain set of certain years he had certainly spent at a certain school. The girl had a soft face, covered lightly in makeup, Harry didn’t give himself a chance to glance below her neckline.

“You!” Harry exclaimed in mild surprise.

“Me,” the woman beside him said with a fake hint of suprise in her voice.

“You?” Harry repeatedly flatly.

“Quite,” the girl said amusedly, before she leaned closer, “ So, I take it you remember me, but how much do you remember of me?”

Harry blinked owlishly, before he shook his head.

“Go away,” He commanded lightly, before turning his attention back to the dance floor, where the rest of his class were wearily watching one of Dudley’s gang member’s ‘break a leg’, along with the floor.

“Is that anyway to treat your high-school crush?” the girl said coyly as she moved ever so slightly closer to Harry.

“You were not my crush,” Harry said bemusedly, before he, as the girl before him opened her mouth, continued, “I didn’t have a crush.”

“Just shut up and kiss me.” the girl growled out as she gripped Harry by the front of his shirt and pulled him against her.

Harry made no further complaints, until she at her own whim broke the kiss.

“This doesn’t mean I like you,” Harry said flatly, only to be once again silenced.

New Target:
    Zevrillion
    Line:
    Asgard!Harry
    Length:
    150 - 300 words.
    Timelimit:
    Twenty Minutes.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  6. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Challenge: Asgard Harry

The final battle had come. In the centre of it all was Harry and Voldemort.

“Voldemort, I have come to take you home” said Potter in a distorted voice.

“Potter, you will die” Voldemort replayed and raised his wand.

“We have been observing you and we have come to the conclusion you are one of us. Your slits can’t be mistaken” said Harry and dropped his holographic projection around himself. There stood a 3 feet tall grey alien.

The battle froze in shock.

“We have watched the movie “Junior” starring our favourite hero Arnold Schwarzenegger and examined your genetic makeup and believe you can solve other reproduction problem”. Harry removed a white stone and Voldemort and Harry was gone in a white light.

Ginny ran crying to her mother. “Mom, his laying, the baby is Harrys”

Up in a geosynchronous orbit, Harry and Voldemort materialised. Voldemort was fast strapped to a steal table. Slowly the green glowing anal probe was lowered. It contained the latest of asgard science and a artificial created ova.

Slowly the green rod was inserted. Even in vacuum of space Voldemort scream could be heard as a new dawn was born for the Asgard people.

7. Rob

Rob Looked into the void

Next Victim: Rob.
    Line: Harry has discovered the Power-The-Dark-Lord-Knows-Not! But why does it involve muggle chewing gum, string and a paper clip?
    Time: 10 minutes.

Harry sat on the only chair in the room, staring down at the seemingly random collection of objects in front of him on a small table.

Arrayed neatly side by side was a pack of Bubblicious, a foot-long piece of string, and a single paperclip.

“I've done it,” he whispered to himself, eyes widening in amazement. “This is the power he knows not. I've done it.”

He closed his eyes only for a minute, sitting back in the tall arm-chair that had rested in the sitting room of the Black's for God-only-knows-how-long. The air rushed around him, and he felt his hair began to stand on end. Yesss, this is truly the power he knows not. I can feel it. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes again, before walking across the room to the cabinets against the wall, opening one, and removing a single manila envelope, a piece of scrap, and a quill.

Quietly but dilligently, he inserted the gum, the string, and the paperclip into the envelope. Resting it on the side of the coffee table, he sat back again, remembering fondly how he had discovered this awesome power:

It had been just like any other day in his summer; he had been lounging at Privet Drive, not particularly feeling like being part of the wizarding world, knowing that his life there was condemned to be that of a tragic hero. He had been sitting downstairs with the Dursleys, who hadn't seemed to mind him – his temporary aversion to magic made him almost likeable, to them – when he came on the television. He was enthralling to Harry, and as soon as Harry saw the magic that he wielded, he was enthralled. He knew the man was no mere Muggle: no man could work that efficiently with so little. It had to have been, it simply must have been magic.

He looked up, smiling fondly at the aged face with firmly-trimmed white hair in his memory, before he put the quill to the parchment, reading aloud what he was writing.

“Dear Matlock,

Enclosed are a package of gum, a foot of string, and a paperclip. Please kill Lord Voldemort for me.

Yours, Harry Potter.”

With a satisfying nod, he tucked the paper in the envelope and sealed it. He would mail it tomorrow. As he stood up, he rolled his eyes. Love, indeed, he thought. Dumbledore was a sentimental old fool.

Next Victim: OneEyedMan
    Prompt: Harry loves Ginny... with a little mint jelly.
    Time: 20 minutes

8. Jon

Challenger:
    Zevrillion
    Line:
    After a accident harry is teleported to our world. He lookup JKR address and pays her a visit.. gore a must
    Length:
    500 - 1000 words.
    Timelimit:
    Thirty Minutes.

A loud crash echoed forth from outside of the London’s newest bookstore. Sprawled out on the ground a black haired, and green eyed youth, the boy’s eyes seemed to bug out initially, before he slowly began to feel something other then extreme discomfort. The first sign that he was on his back was the bright sky above. The second sign was all of the people staring down at him.

“Wow, mummy, look at him, he looks like the real Harry Potter!” exclaimed a young boy as he tugged upon his mother’s woollen jumper.

The boy’s mother glanced down at Harry for a moment before her eyes widened in recognition.

“Mr Radcliff!” she exclaimed, before reaching down and helping to pull Harry to his feet.

Harry muttered a quite thank you, before giving the woman a peculiar look.

“You must be mistaken ma’am, my name is Harry Potter,” Harry said as he brushed his robe’s free of the dirt that had appeared upon them. In front of him, the woman opened her mouth to speak, before her eyes lit up in realisation, and she mouthed an ‘Ah’

Harry frowned lightly as he tried to recall what had happened, at one moment he was preparing to cast an ancient ritual which would imbue him with the power of foresight, and then the next moment he was laying down on his back in the middle of London-Surrounded by people were dressed similar to wizards, and had hair, and accessories disturbing close to his own- he could even see a black scar upon one of their foreheads.

“Excuse me, but what is going on?” Harry asked the woman who had helped him up from the ground.

The woman’s feature’s morphed into a confused look before she answered, albeit hesitantly.

“They’re about to launch the seventh book, isn’t that why you’re here, for promotional effects?” the woman both answered and asked as she turned to face Harry completely.

“Ah, yes, that’s right, and I am.” Harry said quickly not wanting to perk the woman’s curiosity any further.

Harry became silent, and waited along side the rest of the crowd, he was tempted to bring his wand out, but he didn’t want to chance breaking the wizading law, he couldn’t tell if the people surrounding him were magical, or Muggles. Thus he waited patiently, until the door’s of the bookstore opened up, and with a single, movement, which harry could not go against, he was thrust into the bookstore along with all the people around him- Although he seemed to be the only one even remotely reluctant.

The item of everybodies around him’s fixation became apparent to harry as his eyes landed upon a stack of book’s which were ravaged by hands, within a few second’s almost all of the book’s had disappeared, except for three, and they were about to disappear. with an unconcious burst of wandless magic, Harry summoned the book towards his hand as he reached down for it, just beating a small girl, who looked eerily like one of his best friends, Hermione.

The book was purchased, and Harry bid his momentary friends a quick good bye- along with almost every other person in the bookstore, he had even got a few impromptu kisses from some of the girl’s around his age, not that he minded much.

A few hour’s later, Harry was staring down at the closed book. He felt numb, absolutely numb. His mind almost refused to work, and then slowly, ever so slowly, the gears began to turn, and he began to comprehend what he had just finished reading; A summary of his sixth year, detailing almost every important event, including events which were private, events which he had ensured no one besides himself and those involved would ever know about.

In a few second’s, Harry had made up his mind, and began to walk towards the nearest payphone.

..he needed to find a certain writer’s phone number and house address, there were questions he needed answered, questions it seemed only one person could provide the answers for.

Less then an hour after he had begun his search, it had ended, with an apparition, to the area where Mrs J.K Rowling was said to live. it had been possible largely to the fact that there had also been a picture along side of the address.

Harry had proceeded to barge in and accost Mrs Rowling instantly. Following one of his patented angst rants he began to methodically torture the middle aged woman, as she continued to protest that she had written the world of Harry Potter, and that it did, not in actuality exist.

Harry continued to torture and maim Mrs Rowling for two reasons; If she had indeed written his life she had put him through hell, and if she had only copied his life, then she was invading his privacy, either way, Harry was due for some tension relief, and he found it.

9. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Challenger:
    Jon
    Line:
    "Harry lost both his arms in a botched Horcrux attempt."
    Length:
    400 words
    Time Limit:
    Thirty Minutes

Harry Potter walked carefully across the fire pit, his feet floating a few inches above the flaming coals. After another agonizingly slow minute, Harry stepped over the fire pit onto hopefully solid ground. He frowned thoughtfully and looked around, deciding to maintain the Float Foot charm for the moment, just in case. At this point in the treacherous game, there was only one more step to take – the coffin holding the Horcrux.

Carefully Harry disarmed the traps with a few wand waves and quickly thrust his wand up, causing the coffin lid to spring off into the air. Harry ducked instinctively, and narrowly avoided the hail of poison arrows spat out of the flying coffin lid. Naturally, a vampire reanimated at that moment, but Harry had been expecting this, so he decapitated the undead beat with a quick over-powered Diffindo. The vampire looked quite surprised, and managed a blink or two, before dissipating into utter dust.

Harry looked over the skeleton, and grinned when he spotted the Horcrux – Gryffindor’s false teeth – lodged between the vampire skeleton’s ribs. Now being a bit of an overconfident idiot at that moment, Harry reached to grab the teeth, and pulled it out – or tried to, that is.

Frowning now, Harry looked perturbed and tugged harder. The teeth still proved quite difficult to wrest from its undead prison. “Oh no, you don’t!” Harry angrily growled through gritted teeth. He grabbed the teeth with both hands and pulled as hard as he could, only to lose his grip and fall back clumsily, knocking his head on the stone wall. Harry snarled with anger, now a bit light-headed (the best mental state for dealing with Horcruxes) and leapt at the skeleton with a primal scream. Wedging the skeleton under the overturned coffin lid, Harry grabbed the teeth once more and gave a mighty tug.

With a loud crack, the teeth ripped from the ribs and Harry grinned widely. He held the Horcrux aloft in his hands and gave a triumphant roar. At that exact moment, the teeth, which were wide open, snapped shut. Harry looked puzzled.

Then the teeth exploded, blasting Harry completely back over the fire pit and chasm to slam into the wall near the entrance to the hidden cave of Mysteries. In a state of mild shock, Harry looked through slightly broken glasses and looked across the pit at the still smoldering crater.

Harry began to chuckle, and tried to adjust his glasses to get a better look. Only to discover he had no arms.

Harry began to scream a familiar refrain.

“Aaah! Aaah! Ahhh! AAAHHH!” A bit clichéd perhaps, but the true classics never go out of style.

Two hours later….

“So, Harry, how’d it go?” Ron asked obliviously. “Didja get the Horcrux?”

Hermione rolled her eyes. “Honestly, Ron, it’s obvious he completed the task. I sincerely doubt he’d look that burnt if he just turned tale.”

Ginny squeezed the still smoking Harry and started to cry. “I thought I’d lost you for ever and ever and ever and ever!”

Luna looked at Ginny with a blank expression. “I see,” she repeated again, having only said those two words over and over since Harry had returned.

“Oh, I’m so proud of you all,” Remus said with a sniffle. “If only I hadn’t been a werewolf at the time – two hours ago.”

Neville had almost interrupted fourteen different congratulations over the past seven minutes (when Harry had shown up), but never quite got the nerve. Now he was just annoyed. “Okay, please forgive me for asking this, Harry, but are you missing both your arms?”

Harry burst into tears and awkwardly attempted to give Neville a hug, which Neville tried to return, looking mortified. “Oh, Nev, thank you for noticing! I thought no one would notice.”

Luna nodded. “I see,” she said again.

Ron looked dumbly at Harry. “What? Arms? Missing? Harry? Lunch?”

Hermione rolled her eyes again, which popped out of her head. “Honestly, not again.” She fumbled for a moment and grabbed the rolling orbs, sticking them back into her eye sockets. “As I was saying, it’s not like Harry is handicapped, or anything.”

Ginny started humping Harry on the leg, who carefully moved to the side, allowing Neville to bear the brunt of the red-haired girl’s attack. Oddly enough, Neville seemed a little pleased at the attention.

Fourteen hours later….

Voldemort looked over Harry and shook his head. “Somehow, Potter, I never thought it would come down to this. Me, in my glory, you, with no arms to stand on, so to speak.”

“Fut up!” Harry growled furiously, his wand tightly clenched between his teeth. “Rehuto!” The hex smashed into an unsuspecting Death Eater (oh, let’s say… Snape? Yeah, it was Snape), killing them instantly, as Harry’s wand was still pointing sideways.

Voldemort merely chuckled and waved the Entrails-Rendering Curse at Harry, followed by the Disarming Curse. Both of which failed to work on Harry’s non-existent arms. Harry screamed incoherently and jumped at a surprised Voldemort, knocking both of them to the ground.

“Avava Kedava!” Harry yelled intelligibly.

Unfortunately, this was not just a misspoken curse at all – Harry was completely unaware what this curse would accomplish.

But Voldemort knew all too well.

“NO!” Voldemort tried to apparate away, but it was too late. The curse slammed into a wall (as Harry’s wand was still pointing away), and the entire building detonated into a fiery blaze.

All were destroyed – all, that is, except for Harry.

Seventeen hours later….

“Well done, Harry!” The new Minister of Magic Arthur Weasley beamed. He leaned in confidentially. “If you don’t mind, though, maybe we shouldn’t tell the public about your missing eye.”

Harry looked up at the Minister and sighed, and tried to get up. Or would have, if he wasn’t missing both his legs.

The End

In the blast crater, a single leg remained – and Ginny was there, to hump its brains out.

“Oh, Harry’s Leg,” she murmured. “You are my hero.”

Challenge:
    Line: Ginny overhears her parents talking about the wedding, and decides that the only way to stop the wedding is to get Fleur pregnant by Harry.
    Length: 500 - 1000 words.
    Timelimit: 30 minutes

-J

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Challenger: Jon.
    Line: "After his Sixth year, Harry developed a phobia of magic.”
    Length: 500 - 1000 Words.
    Time Limit: 45 Minutes.

-x-X-x-

A loud crack sounded as two individuals appeared in the back yard of number four, Privet Drive, but the sound was drowned out just as quickly as they appeared by a louder, piercing scream that originated from inside the house. The two exchanged glances, startled, before rushing towards the backdoor, wands in hand instantly.

Slamming through the kitchen door, the two teenagers rushed towards the stairs, ascending them two at a time. As they reached the top, they heard the loud, shrill voice of Petunia Dursley screaming at the top of her lungs.

“WILL YOU SHUT-UP, BOY!?”

“THEY’RE COMING!” The familiar voice of Harry Potter replied, just as loudly.

Bolting towards the closest door, the two rounded the door frame and came face to face with a hysterical Harry Potter, whom looked ready to leap out his window.

“Harry!” Hermione called, advancing quickly, totally ignoring the female Dursley. “Harry, what are yo-”

Harry yelped, cutting the girl off as he dived towards his bed, abandoning the daring escape of jumping out a window. “Get away! GET AWAY!”

“Harry, what the bloody hell are you doing?” Ron yelled as Hermione gaped at their friend who was now hiding under his blanket.

“Leave me alone!”

“For Merlin’s sake. Accio blanket!

Harry squealed like a girl as the blanket was torn from his hands, his breathing becoming ragged. He stared at the two of them like they were a giant, three-headed dragon about to eat him.

“Harry, what’s wrong with you?” Hermione asked in alarm.

“Get away! Get away!”

Ron started to advance but quickly halted as Harry recoiled back into the wall, his head cracking against the hard surface with a painful crack. Ron and Hermione flinched but noted with disbelief that Harry didn’t react at all to the pain.

“What have you done to him?” Hermione demanded, rounding on Petunia. She sniffed, tilting her nose towards the roof.

“He’s been like that since he got back from that freak school of his.”

“What?”

Petunia nodded, glancing at her nephew warily. “He was acting like a lunatic and wouldn’t go near his room after the first night. He asked Vernon to burn everything inside or he wouldn’t be able to sleep, knowing it was in the house with him.”

“Burn everything?” Ron exclaimed, looking around. It was then that the two noticed all of Harry’s belongings from school were missing, even Hedwig.

“You said he wouldn’t sleep with it in the house. What do you mean?” Hermione asked, waving her arms and, by default, her wand. Harry suddenly lunged from the bed unexpectedly, his face filled with terror, and bolted out the door. He flung himself into the bathroom and slammed the door shut, locking it, before either of them could move a muscle. Hermione looked at her wand, dread filling her stomach.

“Magic.” She whispered in shock. “He’s afraid of magic!?”

Ron stared at his female friend. “Harry’s afraid of magic? But that’s impossible... isn’t it?”

“I-I don’t know...” Hermione replied dazedly.

“He was fine at school! What could have happened?” Ron shook his head violently before heading towards the bathroom door, yanking his arm from Hermione’s grip when she tried to stop him.

“Ron, no!”

“We have to take him to the Burrow, Hermione. We can’t leave him here.” Flicking his wand at the door, the lock clicked open and so did the door, revealing Harry in all his quivering glory.

“Stay away from me!”

Stupefy!” Ron bellowed, aiming his wand at Harry.

Squawking, Harry stumbled out of the way, his hip hitting the bathroom counter painfully. Reaching out blindly, Harry’s hand wrapped around a bar of soap and hurled it at the red haired young man, hitting him square in the right eye. As Ron flinched, clutching his eye in pain, Harry barreled him out of the way, screaming all the way. Pushing past Hermione, he sprinted down the hallway before he was blasted off his feet from behind, a red jet of light impacting between his shoulder blades. The-Boy-Who-Lived sailed through the air limply, hitting the ground and tumbling down the stairs, hitting his head several times before coming to a stop at the bottom in a crumpled heap.

“Bugger.” Hermione swore under her breath, rushing to help her unconscious friend.

-x-X-x-

Next Victim: Caitiff.
    Line: "A drunk Harry Potter stumbles upon Ron and Hermione attempting to make-out, without much success." During Deathly Hallow's.
    Length: 300 - 900 Words.

Time Limit: 30 Minutes.

11. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Challenger: Dark Syaoran
    Line: "A drunk Harry Potter stumbles upon Ron and Hermione attempting to make-out, without much success." During Deathly Hallow's.
    Length: 300 - 900 Words.

It was late that night when Harry stumbled back to the small muggle inn they were using as a safe house while looking for horcruxes. Harry had left the others at the inn while he went out for… reconnaissance. Actually he went to the local pub and got horribly trashed while buying rounds for the house and asking for “true” ghost stories. Hey, someone might have heard something useful… At the absolute worst, at least he got to have a bit of fun before Voldemort killed him and his friends.

When he neared the room he was sharing with Ron, he noticed that the lights were still on and judging from the noises he heard, Ron had chosen another stress relieving activity for the night. Suddenly an evil plan flashed in Harry’s mind, maybe it was his father and godfather trying to speak with him from beyond the grave. Yeah, let’s call it that, Harry never felt closer to his father than when he set everything in motion. Harry cast a quick silencing charm on the door and stuck part of an extendable ear to the frame. Pulling out a few muggle coins, Harry walked over to a nearby call box and worked his magic.

A few minutes later Harry had to grin as he saw a maid coming out of the front office with a bucket of ice and some clean towels. She knocked on the door lightly, but since it was silenced she received no answer. The maid pulled out her keys and the door was open in a jiffy. Harry didn’t need the extendable ear to hear the cacophony of shrieks that split the night. He suddenly knew who Ron’s companion was though, Hermione! Harry’s face nearly split from his grin as he listened to Ron try to calm her down and eventually they got back to what they were doing.

Harry felt a but like a pervert as he listened to his two best friends go at it, but fortunately the alcohol and anticipation of what came next blurred any guilt. After a few minutes, Harry saw the headlights of a car in the parking lot. A man got out and carried a large bag of food to the door. Meanwhile Harry could hear things nearing a peak in the room. Hermione apparently never shut up, even in the throws of passion. Following the instructions Harry gave over the phone, and assisted by a silent unlocking spell from Harry’s hiding spot, the man didn’t bother to knock and just walked on in. Again the screams lit up the night. Hermione tried to argue that they didn’t order any food, but Ron refused to let it go since it was already paid for. Eventually the deliveryman left.

It was so tempting to just leave it at that, but by this point Hermione was very frustrated. Ron was ready to give up and nurse his case of blue balls in private but Hermione was not leaving until she got what was coming to her! She convinced Ron that he wasn’t being cursed by some old hag and he returned to bed. Harry let them get back into the swing of things, Hermione screaming like a banshee when she finally peaked and Ron’s grunts getting faster, before he decided to end his little joke.

Putting away the extendable ear, Harry opened the door and walked on in as if nothing was going on. Ron damn near hit the ceiling, he jumped off Hermione so fast. Harry ignored them both and scooped up a container of the Chinese take away he ordered and sat down on the bed to eat. Hermione was flushed pink and glistening with sweat beside him and trying her best to cover herself with the sheets. Smirking inwardly, Harry shifted to make sure that the sheets weren’t going anywhere so long as he was on the bed.

“So we’re having a slumber party? Awesome!” Harry asked between bites of sour pork. He smiled as he watched his friends try to answer secure in the knowledge that somewhere out there the marauders were proud of him.

Next Victim: Surarrin
    Line: "Harry why are naked, bald, and covered with woad?"
    Length:
    300 - 900 Words.
    Time Limit:
    30 Minutes.