1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Potter's Resistance 1: Breaking Ties by IP82 - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Lutris, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Title: Potter's Resistance 1: Breaking Ties
    Author: IP82
    Rating: M
    Genre: Suspense/Mystery
    Chapters: 8
    Words: 109,344
    Updated: July 26, 2006
    Published: October 19, 2005

Summary: Post-OotP. Harry escapes Private Drive to learn about the world on his own. Hunted by all sides of the war, he must rely on his wit and cunning to survive. INDEPENDENT! and DARK! (but not EVIL!) Harry.(taken from FF.net)
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2625651/1/

This fic's only four chapters long so far, but I really like how its going- The author actually has Harry being intelligent, and I think apart from the wand-idea and the pheonix (which is a different twist than usual tho) I haven't seen anything like this before. Try it. You might actually like it.
    BTW, no ships as of yet.

Checked by Minion, August 19, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
  2. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Haven't read it yet, but have downloaded it to my Palm so I can read it on my way to school. Will see what I think about it later.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The most brillant start to an escape I've read so far in a independent fic.

Reading the second chapter tends to get painful when reliving the wand maker's history. The errors in grammar read like a bad russian spy movie.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I agree, that escape was good, but the author could seriously do with a beta.

5. Midknight

Finished through chapter 4. It's brilliant, but he needs someone to follow behind him and beat him for all the typos.

I cringed when he had Griphook installed as Harry's account manager, but then he came up with a very damned good reason why Harry would trust Griphook.

If the guy can fix the grammar, and keep up this level of quality, this fic will be one of the best independent's put, period.

The Dumbledore is going a bit too manipulative for me, and if he really is "Christmas Stockings" in the book, you wind up with massive plotholes of why no one has killed Harry @ Privet drive, but its easily overlooked by the quality of the work.

8/10 stars if he gets all the issues fixed..

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

its rare to find a good story on FF.net...but this is a good story.I like the whole book thing.

7. DGD

DGD Headmaster

-Waiting to be edited into a review-

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Niiice. I really like this.

Someone should put there hand up to be his beta. I dont think he'll get one otherwise.

9. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

It's good, really good! The whole bit about Anarkia is good, it's different with the better then most escape, nice idea with the wand block, and way he conducts business is just...good. To right on the spelling, probably the only flaw he has as of yet.

10. Midknight

11. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

This story is actually worth reading not like half the other tripe I have been reading as of late and can someone send me a fic where harry kills ginny in a absolutely grumsome way right after he bags her I hate that slut

12. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

I guess it's a good thing the wand-maker is Russian then eh? . . and that he is pretty spyish with the wandshop hidden and the large passwordish speeches . . .

All we know is that Dumbledore published that both Harry lived in Surrey and that his relatives were abusive. I don't think he got any more specific becuase that half-werewolf guy whos name escapes me atm, only narrowed it down to Surrey and he had access to Dumbledores said publishings. Coinciding I don't think that the Wizards that may or may not be hunting Harry after Voldemorts fall would want to looking through Muggle sources for a list of Dursleys.

13. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Wow, this was hell of a surprise finding this great forum, and then on top of it, finding already existing thread about my story.

Well, anyway, since I've already registrated, I might as well answer a few of the questions mentioned in other replies.

1) SPELLING & GRAMMER

Sorry, but I wasn't aware it was THAT much of a problem. I mean, some of the best stories out there have the same or even worse grammer, but that don't make them any worse in by book (example: Ascension Of The Scorpion Sorcerer)

Anyway, I have a beta now, so next chapter should be smoother.

2) DUMBLEDORE REVEALING HARRY'S LOCATION

I realize it's a weaker point, but consider this:

a) He disclosed it to a very select group of tugs and thieves. They couldn't just spread the information to media, coz Anarchia wouldn't allow it (unless they confirmed it from an outside source).

b) He revealed only a general location, not the exact address. Considering various wards around the neighbourhood and the fact that Harry had spent most of his time locked away in a cupboard, away from the public, finding his exact location wouldn't be that easy.

c) Who would want to harm Harry, anyway. I mean, death eaters were eather in jail, or living their lives, thankful that the war was over. In GOF, only Bart Jr. strived to bring his master back.

Anyway, this forum seems damn good so I think I'll hang around more from now on. I'll also reply other questions you might have, so feel free to write.

14. DGD

DGD Headmaster

I left a review for your story saying to come here, but the link didn't show up. . . so how did you find out about our forum? Also, excellent story.

15. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

That link was for this site? Man, that got to be some coincidence! :)

I was just searching for some author that got removed from FF.net on Google and stumbled here. I've already forgotten what I was looking for.

16. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Woah ::blinks:: I was about to tell you to come here, but it seems like you found your way here. What a coincidence. :D

17. Lord Necros

IP82 great fic man it was damn well worth the read now what are you planning as far as revenge such as killing weasels and brown nosing mud bloods?

18. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Well, that's for the second part, but I don't think I'll do standrad Ron/Hermione bashing thing and Harry ranting at them for betraying him.

I'm still not sure what exactly I'll do, but at the moment, I'm inclined to make all three of them pretending everything to be peachy, and on the inside betraying and lying one another (before the enevetable fallout).

Sorry, but I can't just jump from them being best friends, to hating eachother all of a sudden.

19. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Finally, an author who understands the intrapersonal aspects of character interaction :)

I like the story, especially the "Anarchists Cookbook" knock off... That book has helped me do so many stupid things its not even funny. Good to see an author make a magical equivilant.

20. Lord Necros

Please just kill off the hogwartz broomstick as early as possible