1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Inevitable by Mhalachai - Anita Blake - PG13

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Mordecai, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Inevitable
    Author: Mhalachai
    Rating: PG - 13
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Chapters: 76
    Words: 495568
    Updated: May 29, 2008
    Published: Mar 31, 2005

Crossover: Anita Blake
    Summary: A late-night run-in with werewolves in the woods outside St. Louis dumps Harry Potter into a whole new world of trouble. Now Anita Blake has to deal with a new charge as well as Death-Eaters come to town. (Now with HP:Half-Blood Prince spoilers)
    Link: http://www.pommedesang.com/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=1552

I love both these sets of books, and I love this xover. If you haven't read the Anita Blake series I advise it. And this particular fic is very original, and has few cliches to it.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 26, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
  2. darkinu_gurl

darkinu_gurl Guest

cool

:D GREAT FIC

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I havnt read the others books... would I still be able to understand whats going on? Or shouldnt I bother?

4. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

I've read the first 9 chapters, and right now I can understand basically all of it, though it could be kinda annoying in the beginning when you have no idea who the people (except for Harry) are.

5. Mordecai

High Score:
    you don't need to read the other books, the characters develop themselves in the readers eyes.

6. Wandererdown

Wandererdown Guest

So far this has been a great fic. Harry's, for the lack of a better word, more normal or balanced with the rest of the world there. He is a bit stronger and his brand of magic (wand magic) makes him unique, but he is by no means the strongest or best around on either side.

Though i havn't heard of the books that this is crossedover from, I do know the gaming system. The world itself is well portrayed (save for the transplanting/merging of the magic system). I hope This fic will continue onto it's conclusion and hope for a sequal.

Power to the furries!

7. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Harry is way too timid, IMO. Plus, he seems to like the chick already, please don't tell me he won't be joining some guy Harem with the three other guys the girl seems to be sleeping with in the house.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah... Harry's way to timid for my liking right now. Hopefully that will improve... hopefully.

9. Mordecai

High Score:
    its doubtful that thats how it will turn out, cause Anita wouldn't want to do that. She sleeps with a bunch of other guys because she is an incubus, not because she wants to (although that factors in as well)

10. silvananoir

silvananoir First Year

This is one of my favourite fics, combining two series near and dear to my heart. It is well done, and I always await each chapter eagerly. I highly reccommend it, but I do advise that you familarize yourself with the Anita Blake world.

11. killjoy

killjoy Guest

If you don't know: Anita Blake is from a series by Laurell K. Hamilton. OK series IMO, but some of the books has more sex than plot. AB is part of the police force, former (or she still is) vampire executioner, necromancer, whatever. I guess she's everything. Someone said, earlier, that she was a succubus? Incubus? Well, she inherited that trait from her vampire master, or vampire part of the tri-bonding thing that she did. She needs to feed on sexual(and/or actual flesh) I don't know, feeling? in order to live. Nevermind. Can't explain. It's best to read the series instead.

12. Mordecai

High Score:
    ummmm, bub, why did you feel the need to post that? It was kinda pointless and a bit inaccurate and very vague.

13. andiais

andiais DA Member

This is very good indeed. I think it has Anita pretty bang on. Richards not quite so hate inducing either, which is a pleasant change, as I usually hate him.

14. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Sorry, I just don't see the appeal of reading about a girl with a harem full of guys and Harry being a part of it. I know it's completely hypocritical considering I love fics where Harry has his own harem of girls, but... *shrugs*

15. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Eh, you haven't read far enough obviously. Harry never does become part of the harem. And When he gets pack to Hogwarts he brings back some defineate idea's

16. Vincent V

Vincent V Slug Club Member

I live in St.Louis!!!

Edit: Sorry just had to get that out. lol. I read the 1st few chapters and it was good. Ill continue reading it and save my final judgment for later

17. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I've been tracking this one for awhile (actually my girlfriend put me on to it) and I can safely say your fears are unfounded. So far it looks like Harry is putting together his own harem of girls.

18. Tenebrae

Tenebrae Second Year

Just in case someone other than me is still reading this, Mhalachai has updated the story with chapter 73.
    Well, actually Mhalachai updated on the 11th, but I didn't notice until now.

The new chapter sorts out what happened at the end of the last one, though still leaves room for questions about what actually happens.

19. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

Admittedly, I only read some of the earlier chapters, but I'm very, very leery about HP crossovers with universes like Anita Blake, where magic is publically acknowledged and vampires are citizens of the United States. It totally invalidates the "Secret Magical Society" thing going in the Potterverse. It just doesn't mesh well to me.

20. Mordecai

High Score:
    I keep a track of the updates and read them as they happen. The fic is very slow moving admittedly but its just the style it happens to be written in. Definitily worth reading though, a nice looooooong read.

And Mr Merriman if I remember correctly then the wizarding world is hidden in the US, as in HP type wizarding world. However, other types of magicians etc move freely and openly. I think it was this fic that put forward the idea that all the magical skills shown in the AB:VH series were created through the sparks of magic in squibs mutating and becoming exagerated from a specific point of view so to speak, so that they could use magic for one thing but nothing else.