1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A scary thought about cliches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antivash, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Here I was.. minding my own business pretending to actually do something at work today (which is where I'm posting from... Lunch break) while revising some of Dark soul in my head when a scary thought came up....

It involves one of those bad cliches we all know and hate.... and it frightens me that it may possibly come to be in Canon!

In Half baked Plot... Dumblebore said there might be charms on Number 12 to insure only purebloods inherited the house... but Harry did inherit it... So.. here is this terrible thought...

Does Harry find out that Lily was adopted and a pureblood in book 7 thus rendering all his time at Durzkaban worthless?

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

3. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Nor would it suprise me.

I remember JKR saying we would find something important out about Lilly in one of her past interviews. It would come as no shock to me if this is what she was talking about.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this happens I just may have to kill JKR at the same time I'm killing Rupert Grint.

5. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Stop it your scaring me with this thought Vash...no *sticks head between knees* this cannot be *begins rocking back and forth* If she does it will be so down right shit considering some 14 year old ages ago more then likely came up with it! *starts breathing into a paper bag*

6. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

We could hope that instead she will go the route of magic seeing Pureblood as simply being of two wizarding parents.

7. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well I have to say that if this does turn out to be the case, then Im gonn ahave to get some practice in with my Yoke Strainer, so I can join the mob when we go to get her. :twisted:

If she does do this, I will be officially ashamed of being Scottish :(

But then again, there are a lot of cliches that could, from a certain point of view, come from the books.

~considers the possibility of killing JKR, then leaving the country~

8. snarkydragon

snarkydragon Guest

Cliche wouldalso be the whole "Evans family was decended from the squib children of so-and-so" blah, blah blah.

It was an interesting concept when it was first introduced but now it's just plain old.
    :roll:

9. DGD

DGD Headmaster

-Forgives-

Post a thread in the Intro Forum so we can get you sorted out. :D

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

*coughs* LILY IS TOMMY BOYS LOVE CHILD *coughs*

11. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

You don't say these things!!!! It just may come true... and if it does, you'll be the one to blame!!!

12. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

Come on, it's not that bad. For one thing it fits the part if Lily really is a pureblood and not muggleborn. And hey, it doesn't sound that crazy to me since I made Voldemort Harry's real father

If you don't know where that came from I suggest you read my fic. Oh, hehehe. Guess I just spoiled it huh?

13. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Yeah I was actually offering that as a legitimate comment :/

And if not Voldemort methinks she doth be descended from SOME old wizarding line.

14. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I think she would be voldemorts granddauther

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

My opinion is that two muggle's cant have a magical child unless somewhere down the line, in either line it doesnt matter, one of them was a wizard(most probably a witch since the name would change if it was a wizard) that married 'into' in the family.

So Lily's great-great-great grandmother could have been a pureblood for all we know but since she married in, her name would have been changed to Evan's or another name before their muggle(Squib) daughter married into the Evans a generation later... ect, ect. That's the most likely thing.

Lily might have had a pureblood ansestor but she, herself, is definitely not a pureblood.

16. david9

david9 Banned

Even if he was, what difference would it make? He'd still need the "protection" of Petunia.

17. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

It wouldn't surprise me, mean after all, her writing is sounding more and more influenced by what fan's want too see (h/g, r/hr, nt/rl) i just hope lily's not the first witch in a family full of squibs..

18. Element

Element Seventh Year

Please, no, I can just see Harry turning out to be the Heir of Gryffindor right now and all the HP-sleuths suddenly going "Oh, it was so obvious this was going to happen from the line in CoS, "Only a true Gryffindor could pull this sword out of the hat" (paraphrased.)
    And then Harry gets powerful because hey, he's the Heir of Gryffindor and it seems that whenever you figure out you're the Heir of Gryffindor, you suddenly get super powerful. Either that or his powers get unlocked when he reaches age 17 >_<. And Harry gets it all explained from a letter from Dumbledore. *shudders*
    Harry kills Voldemort (but probably not using Avada Kedavra because thats a dark curse! :O) and then he kisses Ginny and its the end..*shudder again*

Yeah, I'm not totally sure where all this came from, but I can so see it happening in the seventh book. Or maybe I've just read way too many bad fanfics..

19. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

You know, that would actually be the BEST case scenario.

But that's probably just wishful thinking. She'll probably have Harry remain stupid weakling and kill Voldemort by some stroke of luck, by awakening his power of love thing...

20. Element

Element Seventh Year

Ah, yes, the amazing power of love. Love conquers all, and what not. Actually, I'd love to see a scene (perhaps in Nonjons - dimension hopping for beginners) where Harry is getting ready to charge the place Voldemort is staying.

Harry: The power of love shall conquer you!
    Military General that A.K. sent for: Bugger that, nuke the bugger!

Ok, random.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether I keep reading the same Independent fic each time but I swear I keep reading the same joke below.

Dumbledore thinks the power of love will kill Voldy! hah! What am I going to do, snog/hug/kiss him to death?