1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tinn Tam's Drawings

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by Tinn Tam, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

As I'm royally incapable of creating graphics on computers, I merely use good old pencils, pastel, occasionally charcoal, and a scanner... Although, I haven't had drawing lessons since--a long time ago (primary school, actually).

Characters/Animals

Nagini (some with a good memory may recognise it, although it was more like this.)
    Nagini -- negative
    Dumbledore
    Voldemort
    Harry

^These are quite old... and for the record, I obviously can't draw noses.

Story Illustrations

Symphony for Quartet
    Song of the Trees
    Reach the Open Space <--Latest.

Mmh... Thoughts...?

2. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

I actually think that they are pretty good. Certainly better than anything I can do. Actually, as a side note, when I was in grade 8, I was trying to draw a tiger, and the teacher came around and complemented me on drawing an excellent horse :( lol
    I think that was the last time I actually tried drawing for fun

But anyway, your work is pretty good, though IMO the negative of Nagini could be outlined so you can see her better.

3. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

I liked your Song of the Trees and both of the Nagini ones the best. Voldemort seems to be missing the evilness that I always associate with him, he looks kinda like some sort of cancer patient. Dumbledore is well done especially his face, the shoulders seems somewhat asymmetrical and his neck is a bit long IMO. I never read Symphony for Quartet so I don't know what you're trying to draw but I like it anyway.

Nice drawings, better then what I can do.

4. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Yeah, the Song of the Trees picture is definitely my favorite, quite nice.

Did you use pastilles for that?

5. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

I thought Harry's nose was fine.

Song of the Trees was very good.

6. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

I like all the Harrys but the Open Space one, and I liked the Qaurtet, otherthan that I didn't really find the rest that good.

7. Thorn

Thorn Professor

I actually liked the Open Space one. The Harry isn't dark like everyone loves, but he's a teen. I loved how you did the window and the mountains.

8. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

Voldemort looked....Chinese-ish to me. His eyes were too slanted upwards and his nose...looked like a nose. When, I believe, he was actually supposed to have two slits.

I liked the picture with Harry. But it looked like he had lip liner on, and I think his ears were way too close to his neck.

Song of the trees and Reach the Open Space were the best. Even though it would take more time, if you had smaller rectangular bricks around the window, it would look better- (Reach the Open Space).

9. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Heh, I didn't mean him to look evil to begin with... Which can be surprising when talking about Voldemort, but meh. I screwed up the eyes... and I was physically incapable of drawing him with a total absence of nose. So I settled for a flat nose instead.
    Dumbledore is seen at an angle. He's not completely facing us, which is why you can see the bridge of his nose (and why he's got only one visible ear). Hence the asymetrical shoulders. As for the neck, I don't know, I didn't draw it at random... used proportions and all... When you imagine the chin under the beard, maybe it doesn't look so long anymore =).
    Yeah, I've noticed the lip problem too, but only after I scanned the picture >_<. I'll have to go back and correct that. As for the ears, they *are* close to the neck. But if it's really bothering, I'll try and fix it.
    Pastilles?... I sometimes use pastels, but no pastilles :D. For Song of the Trees, I used white and red drawing pencils on a green background.

I need to rework on Reach the Open Space, something's wrong with that drawing. Oh, and Stalicon: thanks for the honesty, I guess.

Thank you all for the comments.