1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link Me again by Blizdal - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Evil Shnitzel, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Title: Me again
    Author: Blizdal
    Rating: M
    Genre: General/Angst
    DLP Category: Independent/Alternative
    Pairing: None
    Summary: They tried to convince Godric that you were not a good person. Fools...he already knew. Harry as Salazar story
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2449823/1/

Edit: I'm a moron. The search function isn't working properly. Vash already posted it. Please erase my tread.

I'm not sure that this story wasn't posted here before but I checked with the search option and read Syo's post and didn't find it.
    Anyway, this is Harry as Salazar in his past life story which is taking place in Harry's 6 year -ignoring HBP (thank god).
    There is realistic struggles between the two lives. For example when Harry calls Hermione mudblood in his mind but trying not to after that.
    Of course there are many flashbacks but they aren't bad. Realistic Rawenclaw and Hufflepuff and very interesting character of Gryffindor. There are two things wrong with this story in my opinion. The first being the blank lines instead of detailed description of the characters actions at the moment.
    The second is the very confusing storytelling. I can't explain it properly.. you will have to read it first.....
    Anyway I give it 3.5-4.

Edit by Minion, Dec. 10, 2012
    Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  2. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

I have a big problem with reading second person. I've always found that it doesn't work because the "you" always comes accross sounding as though it is directed at the world, not the reader. There is far to much plurality in it.

Because of this I couldn't get past the second chapter.

2/5

3. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

Link invalid - the story was apparently deleted by FF.net.

The fanfiction can be found here, however.

There are lot of things that pisses me off - Snape mostly. The author felt the need to make him retarded. The writing is awkward at some places - the author changes the style during the chapter for no apparent reasons.

1.5/5, rounded up to 2/5. Not library worthy in my opinion.

4. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

I'm not quite sure this is recycle bin worthy. The style changes at times, different places in the story are simply awkward to read. I found myself wanting to stop reading several times as I continued through the story and I eventually did.

Going to rate this 2/5, as it's not one of the worse things I've seen but it is pretty bad.

5. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The second-person perspective could have been a good storytelling device. I think the writer intended to relegate the reader to the role of an observer, to better see the conflict between the Harry and Salazar personalities.

It wasn't executed well though.