1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Rise of Chaos by Allizarin Sylvain Phyre - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ip82, Nov 23, 2005.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: The Rise of Chaos
    Author: Allizarin Sylvain Phyre
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Angst
    Rating: T
    Pairings: None
    Summary: The death of Sirius Black -- escaped convict, godfather, Marauder -- brings many changes in Harry James Potter, The Boy Who Lived, the one prophesied to kill the Dark Lord Voldemort. As the war escalates to unknown regions, Harry must survive his sixth year at Hogwarts. The world is tossed back into war -- the once-peaceful realms no longer in harmony. The fate of the world rests on the edge of a knife. The Ministry of Magic, led by the incompetent Minister Fudge, falls quickly under the strain of the enemy. Nowhere is safe, not even Hogwarts. Death looms over the whole world -- not even children are spared from its grasp, havoc has claimed its place -- it will not willingly release its hold. Chaos will reign.
    Link: http://www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/Allizarin_Sylvain_Phyre/The_Rise_Of_Chaos/

First person POV, very dark Harry (but still on the light side), Ron as a jerk. One of those stories where everything goes to hell - the whole world is in shambles as the war rages on... Very good story, tends to slip under radar, but that doesn't makes it any worse.

Unfortunately, deleted from FFN, for the lack of proper slash sado-mazo rape scenes. I found several other accounts on net with pieces of this story, but the best I could do are the first six chapters on FictionAlley. If someone starts reading this and wants more (up to chp. 11), contact me for FFN version.

2. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Before I start reading this is the author still writing this story? I really don't want to start reading a fic that won't be completed.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

The last chap was from 04-27-04. So, it's probably abandoned, but not officially as far as I know. I visited this guy's blog and there IS a piece of the next chapter there, from somwhen in 05. Who knows...

Still, you shouldn't drop a fic just because it's abandoned, especially if it has a nice 100,000 words to it. You should know by now that most fan-fiction stories ends up abandoned anyway.

4. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

It sounds good to me, whats the pairing man?

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

No pairings as far as I can remember.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

From what I saw in the opening chapter, Harry's with the Mudblood. I'll give it a looksie anyway. I can tolerate Harry/Hermione when I steel myself. It's only Ginny that I despise too much to ever read. I'm already not liking the fact that it's written from the first person.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yep. Browsed a few chapters and you're right, it says Hermione in author notes. They just haven't done anything up to the moment this story has stopped.

8. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

ip82 just read it, and i like it...quite alot. The Harry/Mudblood pairing hasn't started yet but it's so similar to what JK did with Harry/Whore in HBP. can you send me chapters 7-11?

9. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Man, you don't have e-mail adress anywhere on your profile.

10. Vvyper

Vvyper Guest

Hn. Not a bad story, I would like to read chapters 7-11 though. Feel up to emailing me them? Either at the email in my profile or at Xurtan@gmail.com if you get around to it.

11. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Lord Osiris, I need your e-mail to send you the chaps.

Oh and if someone has any online storage space (like yahoo group), would you please volontier to host this file, so I wouldn't have to send it seperately to each reader?

12. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

13. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

The fighting scene in chapter seven was one of the best i´ve ever read! Also the first person is pretty refreshing and great.

Pls send me the other chapters! I need more of this stuff!

stefangradinger@gmx.at or
    fic_updates@gmx.at

14. Euphemism

Euphemism First Year

I've been told that the author has given up and left the fandom completely. IIRC, there's also one or two other fics he started before he left. There's also a blog, with some chapter cookies, I believe.

P.S. Can you send me the chapters? Email is ifalkon@hotmail.com

15. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Yeah, I remember something about the author toasting all their stories and leaving. I don't think it was FF.net that deleted the story but the author.

If memory serves it did have some excellent action sequences and some interesting takes on "Core" magic. I think Harry and Dumbles pooled their power and were kicking butt, retreating to Gringotts if I'm thinking of the right story.

For what it's worth, I mean if the author went to the trouble of intentionally removing the fic as opposed to just not visiting the site anymore, I get the feeling they *don't* want the fic passed around. If they've not specifically told you not to, I don't see anything wrong with sending out what had been written as it was posted on a public site, but it is something to consider if the author went to the trouble of removing the fics.

And I think I liked the little starts to a couple of his other stories even better than this one (which put the mudblood on a bit of a pedestal - similar to Rise of the Gray Lord, a great powerful kick-arse Harry who seems to take her opinion as gospel handed down from high). I remember one fic had Harry discovering the underground resistance group in a world run by Voldie, and a really cool other story that didn't quite get far enough called "Blink". I think it was a take on the Power He knows not being some sort of time manipulation, but the power manifesting too late or something. Don't remember.

But still... excellent fics. Wish author hadn't gone bye-bye. I think if memory serves author was a really big slash-fan and Severus in particular, which is why I was always hesitant to read his new fics or stories, but he never wrote stories in that direction, IIRC.

EDIT: Actually, I guess he doesn't really care if his fics are traded. From his fanfiction.net page:

Over and done with...

I'm done with fanfiction...

I'm done with Harry Potter...

Packing up and never looking back...

It was great while it lasted...

Wishing the rest of you the best of luck... have fun reading...

Empty Author Profile (changed his username to Taliath. I knew I had him on my favorite Authors page): http://www.fanfiction.net/u/471746/

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Legally, I beleive that fanfiction is a public property and can be handled freely, same as freeware software.

Most authors make a big deal about asking for premission to use ideas from other authors or repost their works etc, but I think it's not actually neccesary. After all, you didn't send an e-mail to JK Rowling, asking her for premission to write a HP fanfiction, right?

Oh, and BTW:

Yep, we have definitely corrupted you... BWHAHAHAHAHA :)

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Could you send me those chapters? I've got nothing else to read. I've been reading InuYasha stories because I'm not finding any good Harry Potter ones lately.

18. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Yeh ip82 whats the go am i able to get those chapters off you or what? up to 11 wasn't it? pretty please. :D bboarder4life@hotmail.com

19. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Yessss, more corruption.

20. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

If someone else had problems with receiving an email with the chapters, drop a message so I could re-send it.