1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Daredevil V.2

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by Gullible, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Basically, this is about a kid who had to have both his eyes removed due to cancer and over time has developed an amazing ability to use ecolocation, the stuff that dolphins and bats use, to find his way around. He can do pretty much everything a normal teenager can do, play video games, rollerskate, all that. And he's blind. Basically its just plain amazing.

There is a video about him here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5889184381358428846

2. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

That's one damn fine ability he's got there. I wonder if it's possible for him to teach others to do this? His technique could benefit the blind everywhere.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Hmm.. Bravo.... except.... Echolocation would be meaningless for videogames, since .... lioke... Radar is useless on images on a TV screen. And unless someone knows something I dont, Echolocation is just a fancy word for sonar.

But meh... maybe Im wrong.

Edi: Oh. http://www.answers.com/echolocation <-- For reference.

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I don't see how echolocation could let you see what's on the tele, but for everything else I'd say its better than eyesight. You could even 'see' round corners with this thing :p.

Aekiel

5. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

He said he was able to hear what was going on, which would mean that he would need a deep expanation of the game, a lot of listening and asking what each sound was. It looked like he was playing a fighting game, so, yea, I don't see how echolocation could help with video games. My only idea is that, that is the only video game he has mastered, and it is not that complex.

its still pretty cool none the less, I couldn't even dream of doing something like that.

6. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

This is an example how the human body could adapt. Because he is deprived of one of his senses, the other senses compensate for that by becoming more sensitive. It is echolocation in a sense in that he can click his tongue and "see" reflection but its not the true form, I believe.