1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Taking Hostages by The-Caitiff - T

Discussion in 'Romance' started by SmileOfTheKill, Mar 25, 2007.

1. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Title: Taking Hostages
    Author: Hostages
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor/Romance
    DLP Category: Romance or Humor/Parody
    Pairing: Harry/Delacour
    Chapters: 4
    Words: 17,038
    Updated: April 28, 2007
    Published: February 21, 2007

Summary: Not your usual veela bonding story. When young veela enter puberty, their instincts guide them to the perfect man. It's either love or death for these beings of lust and flame, and Gabrielle Delacour has her mind set on love. HPGD

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3406522/1/

3 Chapters and 10,643 words. I like it.

Sequel: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3515394/1/Fugitive-Fates

Checked by Minion, Nov. 18, 2012
    Checked By Sorrows: 03/08/2019

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2019
  2. HardcoreHobbit

HardcoreHobbit Second Year

I love Harry/Gabrielle stories. I have absolutely no idea why this is the case, because it's one of the more unlikely pairings. On the other hand, maybe that is why.

I will review the story when I have finished reading it.

?/5

3. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Now this is a type of HG I could enjoy. I haven't read the story yet, but I (unlike most of ya'll) entered the fandom through an HD slash fic in which darling little Draco is a Male!Veela. The summary was almost exactly the same.

Perhaps you could tell us a little more of your opinion. Maybe let us know why you "like it."

4. SmileOfTheKill

Yes, but this is honestly different and not like slash where everything is the same yet they call it different.

I like due to the fact that it has some good parody and funny at times. It also messes with loli in a funny way. It is amusing for sure.

5. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

I'm not sure but this may have a thread or two dedicated to it. Mayhaps one that I even started... WBA forum ftw.

Anyways, umm thanks for reading. The fourth chapter (the last chapter) is in progress and has been for a while, but this time the word doc is open in front of me. It'll be good to finish a second story finally.

"Different" is what I was thinking when I started the story. I wanted a veela story where they aren't just good looking humans with a love potion aura so there are some parts that are disturbing (an eleven year old having a sex drive) and others that are funny (territorial to the point of attacking the postman), and some that just don't make sense (invite your enemies over for tea so we can sort this whole "war" misunderstanding out). The observant reader will wonder where the older Delacour women are hiding during this whole shebang, and what all is happening behind the scenes. These questions and more will be revealed in the thrilling... Oh who am I kidding?

Fourth chapter soon.

6. SmileOfTheKill

AHHHHH! I didn't relise the creater was here.

If this already got by I am very sorry. I made sure to check that this wasn't already not reviewed high enough but there isn't an easy way to check if it has a topic dedicated to it short of searching... which in retrospect is easy...

Snap, I wanted to stay away from being an idiot here but I failed... *Cryz*

*EDIT* There is a topic for this but not under the review section so I wasn't an idiot today! Kekekeke!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ... Okay then. Give us a heads up when you finish the fourth chapter, the-caitiff.

I remember thinking wtf in a few places (especially the Mexican Standoff), but its a good fic with a humorous amount of parody :D.

Aekiel

8. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

Ok this bit right here is classic:

To the Feared and Powerful Dark Lord Voldemort,

I am writing on the behalf of Harry James Potter and seek to negotiate a truce. For many years the Potter family has stood against you and your forces, and you have killed or injured them countless times, but the past does not need to become the future. Due to some recent changes of a personal nature, Mr. Potter will not be able to continue to devote his whole attention to this war and has expressed a desire to stop fighting.

It is my belief that despite past actions and statements both sides may benefit from a ceasefire, truce, treaty, or non aggression pact between them. Though it is not likely in the foreseeable future that Mr. Potter would join your side of the conflict I urge you to consider that negotiations could reduce the scope of the conflict substantially.

If you wish to discuss terms of surrender or other matters, simply reply to this message with a magically binding agreement to not use violence for the duration of your stay and directions to the meeting will be forwarded immediately.

With hopes for peace

The Future Mrs. Potter

9. HardcoreHobbit

HardcoreHobbit Second Year

Okay, seeing as it's taken me too long to get round to reading the story, I can't edit my original post, but this is a good short story.

I liked the idea of a Harry who seems to know what he's doing, but suddenly becomes all powerful and all knowing. A fair few of the ideas were original enough, and there were several laugh out loud moments.

Added to the fact that it's a good story, written by a good author, featuring Gabrielle, then I like it. Muchly.

4.5-5 /5 (Would have been 5/5 if the story was longer, although I do see the problems with extending a story like this.)

10. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

I liked your writing style very much caitiff and the plot was great.

I'm not fan of forced marriage/bonding, but the fact that I finished reading it, implies that the story was very well-done.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  11. candide

candide Muggle

This story was disturbingly hilarious. I am a big fan.

12. Voldemort

Voldemort Squib

It is Original. Harry/fleur is rare, Harry/Gabrielle can hardly be found anywhere. It is only 4 chapters, but it is long, and completed. The writing was good, and I could not spot any errors at first glance, so that is a plus.

The translation thing was cute, and Gabrielle being 11 made it very different. I liked it, seen the whole gabrielle looking for love thing before, but not enough for it to be overused. I liked it a lot myself. It was also funny in some parts, so that is good on your part.

4.7/10

13. Cathal

Cathal Sir Nils' Right Hand

Voldemort, you liked it and you give it 4.7/10? Could you give me an example of 10/10 story on your scale?

14. Augurey

Augurey Backtraced

I believe he meant 4.7/5.

15. Methene

Methene Auror

Hard to please, Voldemort is? Is it in character or simply a formation of high standards.

I also subscribe to the concept of 4.7/5. If he meant out of 10 he would have merely voted a two point five and criticized the story.

16. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

This was a nice bit of silly fun. One of the most entertaining hp/gd stories I've read.

Gabrielle's letter to Voldemort was a nice touch.

4/5 and definitely deserving of a spot in the 'Romance' section