1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Earth's Emissary by MadEyes - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Title: Earth's Emissary
    Author: MadEyes
    Rating: T
    Category: Supernatural/Action/Adventure
    Chapters: 13
    Words: 81,197
    Updated: October 10, 2007
    Published: February 8, 2005

Summary: [AU] When nature and magic loose their balance at the hand of darkness, the planet itself chooses one worthy enough to wield her power and bring all creatures together against a common foe. One night Harry looks to the skies and discovers his destiny.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2255600/1/

I read this story a while ago, and I remember that I really liked it. I don't think there are any pairings, but I could be wrong. I hope this is in the right category, I was debating whether to put this in Godlike or Genereal. Meh, read it, and if you think it should be in General, I'll move it.

Checked by Minion, March 4, 2013

July 30, 2014 - Left in the Library despite the rating because of the discordance between the reviews and the votes, and because of too few votes (6 at the time of this edit). -- Tinn

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. True Story

True Story Third Year

I disliked this story from the first chapter.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Uh, that's great...mind being a little more descriptive? I read this story a few months ago, and from my impression of it, it was pretty good.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Uh..no. Isn't that the one with the four Gods with the "aka" after their names? By Tim K'Nispel (or something to that extent). Nope, in this story Harry learns to embrace magic.

6. hubem

hubem Squib

he hugs magic??? is magic a hot girl then?

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or serious, so I'll just take it as being serious. I meant "embrace" in the figurative sense, not the literal sense. I really hope you were being sarcastic.

8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

found this link LONG ago... then lost it... was interested in it but dun remember if i liked it or not.. was decent if i remember right...meh..well find out

9. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

read it a looong time ago but sadly the fic is abondoned. The Author writes pretty complicated but it gets better. If I remember clearly I liked it because it was pretty original though it has some cliches (Harry teaching at Hogwarts....)

10. True Story

True Story Third Year

Hmm....let us see why I wouldn't liek it....Earth takes Harry and makes him her emissary.....'nuff said.

11. Beelzebu

Beelzebu Guest

so i'm guessing that you arent the resident hippie tree hugger person?......lol....theres nuthing wrong with a little love for the big rock we all livin on.....sounds like an intresting story btw...

12. True Story

True Story Third Year

Hell no! LOL I agree with Cartman 100% on this.

13. perfectly_insane

perfectly_insane First Year

I sorta liked it...too bad its abandoned. I would have continued reading it if it had been continued. This is definitely a Godlike Harry fic.

14. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

i liked this one, it was original and tried to stay away from alot of the cliches RIGHT in the middle of "The Great Cliche Season" at the beginning of last March. I think he had another story that caught my eye...i don't remember.

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

He has another story thats turning out okay but I dont know if its been abandoned or not. It has some big cliche parts but it isnt too bad. It only has three chapters though.

16. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

You know, thanks you; for the compliments and the insults, the endorsements and the put-downs. I find it vastly amusing and quite enjoyable to read these posts and your comments. Until now I hadn’t received any negative reaction regarding my stories, but it is greatly liberating to know that what I write is still crap for a lot, especially when compared to those who do write for a living.

Not everyone has the same tastes after all. In any case, thanks! But you should all know that the stories are not abandoned and should actually be updated in the next few days. So if some of you are still interested in reading it, keep on the look out. :wink:

For the moment though, I’ll just start browsing around, since this site was just brought to me attention.

17. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

lol welcome, good to see more authors here. Don't take anything the folks say here utterly personal, we're all a bit jaded over the mass cliche screw that's going on @ ff.nuts atm.

*brownie points for having a goddamned Badtaste Bear in your sig, I collect those and they kick ass.

Main site entry
    Gallery of Bears

See look they even carry Ginny
    [​IMG]

18. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

That is one disturbing looking bear Mid, though not quite as disturbing as the last Ginny Picture you posted.

Perhaps it is Ginny's animalistic looks that drive Harry crazy, for all we know bestiality may be his thing. All I have to say is that Firenze better protect his hind quarters.

In an attempt to keep this post relatively on topic I will say that I have quite enjoyed what I have read of the story so far Madeyes. I've not read everything thats there but I'll continue when I'm not so busy.

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Oh my god... thats Ginny's animangus form! Scary...

I actually like the your other story more, Mad-Eyes. Can't remember the name right now but its good.

20. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Hey, Thanks! Ad don’t worry, I don’t tae anything to heart. It’s actually kind of refreshing to read those ‘Jaded’ comments. I mean, really, everyone has different tastes and what not, so why get pissed when someone doesn’t share your opinion of what you like? It’d be a damn boring world otherwise.

As for the ‘clichés,’ well, if used correctly a cliché is just as entertaining as an original idea. Besides, didn’t someone say that everything’s already been said? All we can strive to accomplish is to put a bit of our own personalities in what we do, I think.

Well damn, that was deep, and here I haven’t had any breakfast yet.

Anyways I have to agree, that’s some scary arsed bear. Oh, and Thanks, Cervus, although I don’t mind criticism, so if you find anything that doesn’t sit well with you, just tell me, I’d really appreciate it. After all, you can’t get better if you don’t know what you’ve done wrong in the first place, right?

That other story is ‘Before Me,’ It’s a Time-travel story where he goes back to before he was born, on James and Lily’s seventh year; The idea and gender of the story if a cliché that I like, but it’ll have some different outcomes if I have anything to say about it.

In any case, thanks for the warm welcome, lol, I was told that I’d get bashed here if I posted, so I guess that was wrong too. Regardless, last night, when browsing, I saw some fics that I haven’t heard of before, so I’m gonna go and check those out.

Cheers :!: