1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Astro Empires - Tips

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Xantam, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

As I just joined this game and I generally suck at games like this (Ogame), I have started this thread so people can post tips on how to start off and such.

2. Roborant

Roborant Denarii Host DLP Supporter

When you start a new account, it's preferred that you start on a planet with at least 3 solar or gas and more than 4 fertility, unless you start on a crystalline planet. I'll tell you why later.

Now that you have your planet (Click on Bases, then Home Planet), click on structures and click upgrade next to Metal Refineries. Then scroll down, there should be a queue structures button and a list of buildings you can queue. Queue up 3 metal refineries. Note that you may have to queue a power plant or an urban structure in between them. This is because each building takes up a certain amount of energy and 1 population. You can see those stats in the top of the page. Always build the power plant that gives more energy per. Otherwise you're just wasting space. Add these only when you need them. Always remember to keep your queue list full, especially if you're going somewhere or going to sleep. The queue list will finish by itself unless you run out of credits or you messed the queue list up. And when you do run out of credits, the queue list activates when you do have the credits to build.

Add a research lab to the queue list. When that's built, go to research and research Computer. Then queue 1 more Computer and then 4 Energy. While you're doing that, build a spaceport, then a shipyard. When your 2 computer research finishes, build a robotics factory.

This is the basics of what you should do on all your planets, except for the research labs and stuff.

Meaning, that after all this, you should have this:

Structures
    1 Research Lab
    4 Metal Refineries
    1 Robotics Factory
    1 Shipyard
    1 Spaceport

In Queue:
    Metal Refinery
    Spaceport
    Robotics Factory
    Shipyard
    Research Lab

And repeat. Add power plants and urban structures whenever necessary too. The specific order is because when you only focus on upgrading one structure, the cost steadily gets higher and your economy and construction won't be able to handle it. Alternating structures makes your economy and base stats grow faster and easier.

Research

2 Computer

In Queue:

5 Energy

Go for 8 Energy if you can. You'll need that and 5 Research labs. Don't build them all at once, but slip them in the queue line every once in a while. Get them by the end of the day.

Now, this is what I expect if you started early:

5 Research Labs
    7 Metal Refineries
    4 Robotics
    4 Shipyards
    4 Spaceports

3 Energy
    2 Computer

Get 5 more energy in queue.

If you started late, try to get that in queue and rest up for tomorrow.

Second day, time to get to work. It's more building and research and if you were active, you might run out of credits today. This is what you should get by the end of the day, following the rule of alternating structure building:

8 Research Labs
    10 Metal Refineries
    6 Robotics Factories
    6 Shipyards
    6 Spaceports

Queue 2 shipyards and as many metal refineries as you can before you go to sleep. I'd say 12 metal refineries on the planet is good.

8 Energy
    2 Computer
    4 Stellar Drive

If you didn't get 4 stellar drive, you're either bankrupt or not active. After you get 4 stellar drive, queue a Warp Drive. If you have 4 stellar but can't find Warp Drive, this is because you don't have 8 research labs.

If you're bankrupt, don't worry, the queue list will do your work for you while you're asleep.

Day 3, now's the time to start buidling Outpost Ships. These require 8 Shipyards, 1 Warp Drive, and 100 credits on hand. Yes, the sole purpose of the above is to get Outpost Ships as early as possible. If you were able to get these on the second night, you're way ahead, and you have a pretty good chance of getting 10 planets before your account expires.

Outpost ships let you build new bases on other uninhabited planets. These are the suggested ones to build on:

Crystallines - Rare, but worth getting. I prefer crystallines with 3 solar and 5 fertility, but those are really rare. Frankly, I don't really care about the stats of them, but if they don't have those stats, you might have some problems with developing it.

Asteroids - Not as rare as Crystallines, but they're good to work with. Its only drawback is its small area. I'd also prefer 3 solar and 5 fertility on this, because 4 fertility really hurts when you need to upgrade level 17 urban structures. These aren't as rare, so I do suggest finding these stats.

Rocky - Pretty common, and are pretty good production bases. I prefer 3 solar and 6 fertility, but 4 solar and 5 fertility work fine too. I also prefer it being a planet instead of a moon.

Metallic - Also common, and are also pretty good production bases. Don't pay much attention to the 1 crystal, as it's really not worth it. 3 solar and 5 fertility is what I'd go for. I'd also prefer a planet over a moon for this one as well.

If you started on a Rocky or Metallic, I'd also suggest an Arid or Earthly planet for your 10th planet.

When you're setting up your new base, you'll notice there's a fee. For your first base, it'll cost you 50 credits. Every base after the last will cost twice what it used to. Like so:

800 acquire

And so on. Your tenth planet will cost you 12800 credits. That sounds like a lot, but don't worry. You'll be able to do it if you're pretty active.

Once you've set up your base, follow the instructions from day 1 and 2, except without the research labs. These stats are what you should attain on all your planets, regardless of type:

12 Metal Refineries
    8 Robotics
    8 Shipyards
    10 Spaceports

As for research, aim for this and this only:

10 Energy
    10 Computer
    8 Laser
    4 Stellar Drive
    1 Warp Drive

This will unlock Economic Centers and Nanite Factories. Build up to level 3 of both on all your bases. Remember to alternate.

I expect you to get a total of 3 bases by the end of the day and 2 more outpost ships in construction for tomorrow.

Day 4, you should be starting to really rack in the credits with an economy of over 100. Use those outpost ships to get 2 more planets. You should have around 200 economy by the end of the day, maybe a little less. Build 2 more outpost ships for tomorrow.

Day 5, you should have the credits to build your 6th base, and construct your 7th base by nightfall, which costs 1600 and 3200 credits. Remember to get all the above stats for all your planets. By the end of the day you should have about 400 economy or more. Build 3 more outpost ships.

Day 6, this is the crucial day, and you should be able to build your 8th and 9th base in the afternoon and tomorrow morning. You must have around 650 economy and stop all construction and research a couple hours before your upgraded account ends.

Day 7, spend all day waiting for 12800 credits and if you're worried, recycle some structures. Then build your 10th base. Feel free to do whatever you want from then on.