1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Why Harry is truely the only one who can kill Voldermort

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ravage, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Ravage

Ravage First Year

I coulden't figure out where this went but I believe this is it.

This is an idea that just poped into my head while going over a story idea that will probably never hit the net due to over planing. Also I know that in book six Riddles mortality/immortality issue is handled by the horuxies but I like this.

The Dark Muncher is said to have been through many dark ritulas to make himself immortal and he is supposidly nearly there, but he wasn't all the way there when he went to kill the Potters. What if when he tried to kill Harry somehow the last dregs of his mrotality were transfered into Harry. Now an immortal Voldermort's body can't withstand the killing curse that has some how rebounded at him and so his spirit is ejected. Harry holds the last of the mortality of his greatest enemy and only by giving it back can he finally truely kill him.

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

It's obvious...he has the POWER OF LOVE on his side.

3. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

Don't forget the big clincher from the the last book...dun dun dun... THE HORCRUXES

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

It doesn't make any sense. Harry SHOULDN'T be the only one able to kill Voldemort. By JKR's theory, all you need to do is destroy all the horacruxes and then AK Voldemort in the back. I don't see why a team of elite Aurors shouldn't be able to do so.

My conclusion is that this whole Horacruxes idea SUCKS ASS. It's unrealistic and stupid. Why would Voldemort create horacruxes from such notecable items - he only needed to make two of them from rocks, and throw the first one into ocean and launch the second one into deep space. How did Dumbledore discover what objects he used, anyway? Or the location of that cave? The whole thing simply don't make any sense.

5. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Dumbledore used the power of love duh! Thats how Harry is going to find and destroy the rest and then at the final confrontation Harry will tell Voldemort that he loves Ginny and Voldemort's head will explode from trying to fiqure out how that is possible.

You poor unenlightened sods don't you see? Any "problems" in the books can be explained away by the Power of Love! Why did only one of the Basilisk victims die the entire time Riddle had it roam? The Power of Love! How is it that the Deatheaters don't all use that felix potion thing before every attack? Because of the Power of Love! How is it that after a year of feeling abandoned and used Harry is still 'Dumbledore's man'?? Because of the Power of Love!

Don't you get it? The Power of Love is the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything! NOT 42! :p

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Ahhh, so that's why pureblooded wizards like Voldemort & Quirell tried to strangle Harry with bare hands, instead of hexing him? And why Voldemort didn't simply had Crouch take some blood from Harry and AK his ass, instead of risking his cover while trying to fix the tournament? Or why he wasted one whole year screwing with Harry's head on some half-arsed plan to get him to take the prophecy (only to brake it later), instead of sneaking there himself (which he and his death eaters did anyway in the end)? Or why he had idiot like Malfoy strugle for a whole year trying to fix that portal, instead of flicking his wand and fixing it himself in 5 minutes?

Thanx for enlighting me! :)

7. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

The power of love is a curious thing. It can make one man weep, and even make another man sing. Theoretically it can change a hawk into a little white dove without using any transfiguration. More than a feeling, that right there is the power of love.

The first time you feel it, it might make you sad. Next time you feel it, it might make you mad. But you'll be glad, when you've found that's the power that makes the world go around.

It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes, but it might just save your life. That's the power of love.

Or so my uncle Huey claims.

Personally, I think Harry is confusing the power of love with the power of loving someone's face. I mean, without a nose in the way, that could be just soft tissue in the middle of Voldie's face with nothing protecting a direct path towards his brain. Harry just needs to use the power of skull-love, which is way more effective than simple 'power of love'.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Well, the felix potion in large amounts is dangerous as it says in the book... it fucks with your head and you'll probably end up getting your self killed because you think you can fly without a broom of someshit.

9. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Or for some reason think it is a good thing to walk into Lupins living room on the night of a full moon for an evening of fetch with the friendly neighbourhood dog. Just out of curiosity do you think a women werewolf can concieve after doing it doggy on a full moon?

The Felix potion is one of the worst concepts in the book. Yeah, she says it's dangerous if taken in huge amounts but all it takes is for Voldemort to have taken one and he would have got the prophecy at the DoM, and quite possibly killed Harry in the process. The stupidity of wizards is astounding.

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

The only reason JKR introduced good luck potion was because her looser!Harry character can't do anything without luck, except ride the fucking broom around.

11. Ohmamamia_mamamia

Ohmamamia_mamamia First Year

He can date redheaded whores without luck

12. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

We need to talk about you reading my thoughts it's creeping me out. I had my little metal hat on and everything.

True, but to come out of it STD free he'd have to of taken such a large amount of luck potion he'd die from it.

13. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Down with that fuckin weakling canon Potter! The only reason he dates the slut is so he can get bitched and hit by her like the good little dickhead that he is. So an overdose of felix would be like acid ey?

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Cervus, thats possible. Maybe thats a way to create the first ever 24/7 werewolf... interesting. Well, I know one thing, I dont want to be anywhere near a werewolf in labour.

I hate the luck potion. Its stupid... fullstop. I am definately not using that shit in my story.