1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Top Figures

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Dark Lord Rostam, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Fun little logic game

Good little game. Amazing Logic Game where you need to remove as much as possible parts but keep the boy over water. My highest score is 11,200. Somewhat hard, as I only have 3 lives.

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

18500 after half an hour play.

EDIT:- 21500

Erit 2 :- 25200

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  3. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Thats a lovely little game. Great practice for any aspiring engineer. Anyone with a bit of brains can max out every level, the secret lies in statics, dynamics, and kinematics.

Assume the kids weighs 10 units, the bars weigh 1 regardless of length, and the bottom sand has a friction constant of somewhere around 8 (this is based on my own guesses from levels 1, 2, and 11 but it's close enough).

Figuring out whether it will hold when you pull a piece is a simple bit of math away (four equations, four unknowns, any idiot can figure it out). The first thing to do is locate the "zero force members", those bearing absolutely no load. Get rid of them because they will only confuse you later. Then before you remove each piece ask yourself "how much force is this one holding in the x direction and how much in the y" then find a similar piece on the other side of the puzzle (since most levels were symetrical). You always want to take the pieces with the lowest loads and work in pairs if possible.

Leaving hanging bars on the outsides of the frame is good (changes the moment of inertia) but having them on the inside is pointless. These hangers act like buffers for when you need to remove one of the high load pieces and really set the frame swinging.

Before removing any of the bottom pieces take a quick look at how the forces are played out. Is this a type I (no tipping), type II (impending tip but not quite), or type III (the whole thing's going to start rolling) problem. Knowing which one will help you plot "safe" moves both immediately before and immediately after.

But honestly who wants to work out a long series of equations to get the top score? I could do it, no problems at all, but I really don't feel like spending a half hour (and several pages of math) per level listening to that insipid song just for bragging rights.

After just goofing around with it, 23,500. I'm going to have to look up some of my old professor's email addresses now, just so they can torment their students.

4. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Addictive game.