1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Too Late by neopyro - K+ - OneShot

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Hadoren, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

Title: Too Late
    Author: neopyro
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Tragedy
    DLP Category: Dark Arts
    Pairing: none
    Summary: Harry Potter left. Will he come back? Will it matter? Story told from Albus's POV. Please let me know if this is good or bad. My first End of the world fic.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2417888/1/

This is a very short story where - as the summary states - Harry leaves. By short, I mean less than 1,000 words. But the more important part is that it is a short chronology of what happens next and how the wizarding world falls to Voldemort. It's written in diary form, and there's a very nice haunted, angsty tone to it.

This story can be joined together with the Independent!Harry genre, where he says that the wizarding world/Dumbledore deserves to die and leaves it/him to do so. It tells the story of those who've been left behind, and suggests that his actions aren't that moral after all. Note that this is pure speculation.

Edit: 4.4/5 as a one-shot

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  2. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

It's not bad. I think what would have been cool is if the diary entries served as chapter introductions.

3. raja

raja Fourth Year

That would be a really good prologue to a story, it was surprisingly good seeing how short it was. As is, though, it shouldn't go into the library imo

4. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The drabble is presented as an epilogue for a vanishing!Harry fic, and for that it is ok.

As standalone it is not very interesting. It is rather a draft of a plotline than a rateable oneshot. I second that it shouldn't go into the library.

5. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Short and pointless. Writing was okay, but it had no twist or punch line that is necessary in such a short fic.

2/5

6. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Agreed. Everything happens off-screen, and there's no explanation for why Harry left. Not even a hint. Just pointless entries from Dumbledore.

1.5/5

7. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

The writing was alright, however as already mentioned I wouldn't even consider this long enough to be considered a one-shot. This is more of a drabble to the end of a fic of some sort.

Uh, where did Harry go?

O.O

It's not really dramatic either. It's just Dumbledore listing random dates, with trying to be witty entries with the list of HP characters on the light side dying.

Honestly, it would be nice if it were the end of a Coward!Harry fic but it's not. I'm going to go ahead and give it a 1.5/5 with it rounded up to 2/5.