1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Wizard of Gotham by Skysaber - T - Batman

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by knothead, Apr 29, 2007.

1. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

Title: The Wizard of Gotham
    Author: Skysaber
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor
    Crossover: Batman
    DLP Category: Alternate
    Pairing: None at the moment
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 29,626
    Updated: September 11, 2007
    Published: April 26, 2007

Summary: After failing to cheat Bruce Wayne on a deal for drills, Vernon Dursley takes his frustrations out on Harry Potter, by abandoning him in Gotham City.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3509790/1/

While only two chapters are posted thus far, I believe the story has a lot of promise.

Checked by Minion, January 1, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
  2. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Was a very good 2 chapter story. Hope he updates soon, I liked it very much, didn't think he'd end up with Ivy though, thought he'd end up with Batman or somethin', oh well, still damn good.

Richard.

3. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A few spelling errors, some grammar mistakes but noting too awful. It does have potential, though I'll have to wait and see on a rating. About 8.5/10 as of now.

Is this going to have a romance or is it solo?

Tyler Kolski

4. TripticWriter

TripticWriter Groundskeeper

Wow! That was... refreshing and really humoristic as well.

And Ivy is just so sexy!

5. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

Whoa, a fic by Skysaber? Could have sworn he threw a hissy fit and left a looong time ago.

Personally as a fan of his stuff, this is a godsend. I'm reserving judgement until more chapters are released. This nextline made me lol, though.

6. malaga

malaga Auror

No, my favourite bit was:
    Was laughing so hard my teacher looked over my shoulder and commented that it "probably wasn't pertaining to my study of Dubai." Oops. So far it's really great, I hope he keeps up the good work.

7. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

New chapter... all good fun.
    READ OR DIE! (Anyone see Read Or Die? It was a good anime.)

8. Masked Critic

Masked Critic Backtraced

Now, at first I was hesitant to read this, simply because it's Skysaber. I've had experience with the guy for years, trying to read his stories, which start out with a really intriguing idea, and then turn into cliched, shitty bashfests. Of course, as this is his first HP fic, he might not fall to his usual realm of shittydom.

So far, it's good, but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, and for him to introduce 7 billion cliches, over the top character bashing, and all-around lack of anything resembling a decent plot, simply because that is historically what he always does.

That, or he abandons it.

The guy pretty much has an allergy to writing good stories.

Anyways, my fear of this being "Skysaber'd" aside, it's quite enjoyable.

4.5/5

9. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

I think the he is going in the right direction. Time will tell. Let's see if the story is updated or not, I think the chapters are short and there is not enough to praise or pan. Right now I fell it is in the "clever plot bunny trying to grow into a story
    Phase.
    I like the idea.

10. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This fic seems pretty ridiculous to me, but maybe that's because I never really got into the whole Batman comics thing. Men in tights just don't do it for me.
    Eh, it's fairly well written so 3/5 from me.

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  11. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

He seams to be bashing Snape rather heavily...it seams as if he hasn't thought things through to even the next chapter. Snape is to interesting a character to just maim and kill.

12. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Updated. A few new ideas, a few old ones.

13. Masked Critic

Masked Critic Backtraced

Ahem, excuse me for a moment.

...heheh ...heheheheheeee ...hahahahahaAHA ....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Snape too interesting to kill off? Yes, a gaint ball of grease and slime, who likes to belittle, insult, and possibly rape small children, and who vaguely resembles a bat with a gigantic nose. He also likes murder, and torture of innocents in his spare time. REAL interesting there...

Regardless of my hilarity at your comment, you otherwise point out exactly what I meant about Skysaber, and how he forgoes plot in favor of character bashing and cliches.

Still hoping he grows up, though, this fic has much potential for pure fun.

14. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

First two chapters and most of three were great in my opinion. That would have gotten the story a 4/5.

In my opinion he introduce the main Harry Potter parts (ie Snape and Dumbledore, Hogwarts) too soon to really develop Harry and Ivy's relationship. I thought he could have held out putting in the main Harry Potter stuff for at least 3 chapters, I would have preferred more. After that he will lose a point and a half to bring the total down to 2.5/5.

The author will get an extra half a point for bring something to the table that I haven't seen yet bring the total to a 3/5.

Final judgement pending.

15. malaga

malaga Auror

What impressed me most is that, in spite of having no previous knowledge of Batman, I still vaguely understood this story. I also like her justification of Dumbledore trusting Ivy / thinking she was Lily. Chapter 4 is up.

16. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

I'm agreeing with dark on this one. Way to soon to get to Hogwarts. Actually, I'd prefer he never got there but thats just me.

17. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

This fic has potential, but is rushing forward way to fast for me at the moment, plus I don't like how it seems to be cheesy batman rather than dark batman, but that could change, we shall see.

3/5 for just now

18. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The fourth chapter was rushed and sporadic. The jaunt with Dumbledore and Snape should have been delayed for at least two chapters, but the worst is that little bit at the end with the sudden leap of many years. What was that? If you are going to do stuff like that, give dates and give more descriptive detail!

I give this story a 2.5/5 as of now because I liked the first two chapters. If you could only just erase the last two and remake them *sigh*. Keep going the way you are and I dedicate this to the trash bin.

Kolskit

19. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

the whole twist with lily was kind of interesting, although i really hope ivy wins out, if in fact she is lily. i did like this fourth chapter a little bit less than the others, but there is much worse garbage out there.

20. Tenebrae

Tenebrae Second Year

I se a leap of three weeks between the party and Dumbledore and Snape showing up in chapter 3, but I don't see a gap of years in either that one or chapter 4.

Which section are you looking at?

Oh, and I've seen the OVA of Read or Die but not the TV series.