1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot The End by Draco664 - T - OneShot

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Hadoren, May 1, 2007.

1. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

Title: The End
    Author: Draco664
    Rating: T
    Genre: Tragedy
    DLP Category: Alternate
    Pairing: none
    Published: July, 29, 2005
    Words: 3,700

Summary: The War is over. Everyone Lost
    Link: http://draco664.fanficauthors.net/The_End/The_End.php

This is a very nice one-shot, post HBP. Basically, a dying Harry goes to the ruins of Hogwarts and tells about the destruction of the wizarding world by Muggles to the portraits there. The story is very sad, with a perfect tone for its plot. Harry's characterization as a person who's given up all hope and just wants peace in death is superb. The explanations for everything are reasonably detailed, although I'm sure some people here would disagree with them.

On another note, it would be interesting to see this as the beginning of a back-in-time story. It has set just the right tone - far better than Viridian's - and Harry is definately powerful enough to alter the past, after seeing his casual use of wandless magic. Of course, I most likely want something like this because I can't stand the bleak ending.

Rating: 4.75/5

P.S. Yes, this is a response in the Muggle v. Wizard debate. But please don't start that topic here; there are plenty of other threads to do that.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 28, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
  2. DGD

DGD Headmaster

I enjoyed it, an interesting take on things for sure. He (Or she) made a atmosphere that kept me immersed in it for the duration, brief though it was.

3. malaga

malaga Auror

Wow. That's the only response to this. The author managed to make it realistic, poignant, and interesing. At the end I was sad it was over, which is rare for a story consisting solely of dialogue. 5/5 for a brilliant piece of work.

4. raja

raja Fourth Year

I really liked the writng style and the opening. But the back story seemed not very well thought out. I don't think it be that easy for muggles to do... 5/5 for the style 3.5/5 for the actual plot

5. HomicidalPsychoJungleCat

HomicidalPsychoJungleCat Fifth Year

I really loved this piece. The writing and atmosphere was top notch and descriptions were great. An interesting twist indeed on how it all ends for Harry Potter and the Wizarding World.

4.5/5

6. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I loved this story both the first time i read it and now. I hadnt been able to refind it though so props belerdorhan. 4.5/5

7. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's great. Even if you don't agree with the general idea that Muggles were able to overcome Wizardkind the plot is thought out. Of course it is an advantage of a oneshot that you don't need to explain every detail.

5/5

8. anthea

anthea Guest

Yes, I've read it and I actually thought it was rather realistic. I think that muggles could, with some effort develop magic detectors. While the gene project might take longer, it could be do-able - there must be something, a mutation maybe, or recessive genes, in wizards. I guess I'd call it a a sadly realistic but NOT unwarranted response to the muggles finding out about the magical world.

9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Really good. Very dialogue heavy. Interesting portrait of one location. I'll give it a 4.75/5

10. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

I had found this a while ago and had lost the link, otherwise I would have placed this here. Thank you for doing that Belerdorhan.

The end of the Magical world, for at least 3 generations. Everyone magical is dead. Sad but well written. All magical beings being labled as terrorists would work for the non-religious. The religious extremists would have a bit of fun if this sort of thing could occur. Like it or not this is realistic to an ulgy point. Morals are usually thrown out the window and usually only after the deed is done do people regret it. I guess the muggle world hasn't figured out that they just committed mass genocide. A curious factor is what would happen in those three generations? What would happen to the new muggle borns? Thats a question I would have liked answered in a timeline someplace.

Well, good night.

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  11. Hoyt596

Hoyt596 First Year

It was a great story and i think its completely possible, when humans have a fear of something we use techknowlogy to overcome it.

It reminded me allot of that movie Ultra Violet which I do NOT recommend.

this deserves a 4.75/5

12. kit

kit Second Year

I think I love this story. I always loved that feeling of hopeless-ness. That feeling of just wanting it all to end. kit says yes. 5/5