1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dark!Harry fanart

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by snufkin, May 15, 2007.

1. snufkin

snufkin First Year

No longer a pile of snow because the pile melted.
    I'm trying out fanart enhanced by a dark!Harry fanfic story. Mind you, the story's rather short and to the point. The links inside the story lead to the pictures (I put them on photobucket because I've began to loathe deviantart).

-------------------

The Story

Harry's first kill was an accident.

Harry stared in shock at the growing pool of blood.

"Look what you've done!" yelled Hermione, her shaking finger pointed at the cadavre in front of them. "Oh, Harry!"

In a mindless state, Harry continued to stare.

*Several months later*

"I'm sorry I have to do this, Hermione," Harry said as he rested his hand on Hermione's shoulder, "but this can't go on."

"What? What are you going to do this time! Don't you dare--"

The rest of her sentence was lost in a loud gasp when Harry's hand slid over Hermione's collar bone and curled around her thin neck.

"You've outlived your usefulness, Hermione," Harry stated before crushing the skin and the bones that made up the bushy-haired girl's neck. "I can look for books in the library very well on my own."

-------------------

So that's that. Anyhow, I thought I'd also post a Harry/Luna drawing.

There's been some really good Harry/Luna (teaming up and not necessarily the ship) one-shots + fics out there so I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been inspired by them.

Harry is about to ask Luna a question. Luna is her usual airhead self.

Sooo, what do you think of my fanart + fanfic together?

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Good for a laugh, but it doesn't feel right otherwise.

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Harry looks Cracked out.

4. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

The first one looks like a puddle from someone who wet themselves without color to help us. But the image of Hermione's head popping off was funny. The Harry/Luna one feels more like two people standing than two people standing together. The only emotion coming from Harry is cold indifference, and it makes Luna seem like a Pansy-ish type just hanging on.

It's a nice style, but I'd like to see some color. And the story is too short to care or even begin to picture these things in our heads before we get to see how you envision them looking. Really the story is closer to being captions on the pictures than it is to being a fanfic.

Definitely keep doing this though. I'd like to see more. You could even work out a nice image and ask members here to make up the story behind it if you wanted.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I found the Hermione one amusing. The look on her face. The last one with Luna is kinda amusing too... Harry looks weird, though. I agree with Xiph.

6. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Regarding the third picture: Have you by any chance ever seen the lead singer from The Verve? I thought so.

The first one is by far the best though.

7. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

Harry in the first pic does look like he's just wet himself. Love his expression, though.
    The second pic is...sick. You should post stuff like that on masterspeaks.com.
    Love Luna on the third pic. Looks very IC.

8. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Err ... if you find the second picture sick you might want to switch to a more kid-friendly forum, aka Mugglenet ...

The first picture might be an outtake of the HBP-scene in Myrtle's bathroom. Without colour the puddle could be everything, blood, water, etc.
    Otherwise it's a great sketch of an innocent boy.

I had to laugh when I saw the second picture. The way Hermione's head pops off fits the joke. But in the text the punchline just doesn't punch in enough.

9. Dark Magic

Dark Magic Denarii Host

Harry looks much younger in the first pic, compared to the other two.

I laughed at picture number 2. The look on Hermione's face is priceless.

10. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

It's just that I don't like violence directed at women. Any other kind of violence I'm okay with.

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sounds like we've got a miniature Dresden here lads :p.

Anyways, you need to add colour to the first one to show that its actually blood, and Harry needs to look more angry/shocked/stunned/etc. - he had to have the emotion to fire the curse, so he is bound have a bit of it remaining after he's killed the guy.

The second pic made me laugh :p, the bits of neck look like sweets from a[SIZE=-1] piñata[/SIZE] :D.

Third pic does look like they're standing together, kinda, but you should have Luna looking more towards him, rather than just into the distance... Pulled off the bad boy look well though.

Aekiel