1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Help me find a favourite fic please

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Jenkins, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

I'm looking for a great AU fic that I read a while back. Obviously I can't remember the title or author though I know it featured an Fanfiction.net. Heres what I know:

>5th year AU
    >Harry ran away from Dursleys at 5
    >Harry was taken in by a research facility and given a 'Jehova' serum or something
    >Harry is a quiet, emotionless, Slytherin, badass who kills without feeling
    >Instead of a wand he uses something like a gun that shoots magic
    >He is missing one arm and instead has a gauntlet
    >He has split personalities who can take over his form, they include
    - A Wolf Monster
    - A sadistic psycho murderer
    - A flying red cape

I'm sorry thats all I know. I remember it being cool when I first read it though that was a while ago.
    If anyone has read it and knows of it, can they give me a hand. I seem to remember (And this was a while ago) that it was a good Slytherin, Left the Dursleys fic.

2. Alec

Alec Raptured to Hell

Darnit I have read that story before but alas its not in my favourites or c2. Sorry

3. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Ooooooooh...boy. They're gonna crucify you for SO many reasons. Most of all, the one where you posted a 'Looking for' topic when, clearly, they don't want you to.

4. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I'm not entirely clear on the rule (not sure anyone is), but I think this sort of fic search is fine. This is him trying to locate one specific fic that he's already read, with several explicit details. There's a correct answer to this one that will end the search (and I'm not sure if searching the library here would even help). It's the generic ones where asshats just ask for recommendations that get spanked. Or the "Anyone know any good Harry/slytherin girl stories?" kind of searches that make me want to strangle their mothers and slip her eyeballs under their pillows.

And while the description of the fic doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in reading, I must admit I'm intrigued at the possibility of a split personality where you think you're a red cape.

5. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Ah, ok, then. My mistake. Good luck, there.

6. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Indeed, that would be a tricky one to pull off. Red capes have no sense of stealth, they practically scream "look at me!" all the time. Not to mention that cape!Harry would just wait around all day for people to try him on and wear him around town...

7. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

It wouldn't happen to be Dirge of Twilight, would it?

It's very loosely based on some concepts from Final Fantasy VII. Namely the character of Vincent Valentine.

The wolf thing is the Galian Beast, the big dude is Death Gigas. I think... It's been a while and I can't play FF7 on a computer this new (ain't that a bitch). He could also turn into Chaos and Hellmasker.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  8. Alec

Alec Raptured to Hell

0ooo it is that one!!!sweeeeeeet!!

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Well... I know why it was made.

We were getting a bunch of "Can you help me find Slytherin!Harry" fics* and shit, when we had a whole section of the Library (at the time) for just that.

People were making obvious requests, or they were requesting help without having looked prior to the request (ie, a quick Library check would get the link).

*Funnily enough, this is one of the first kinda topics I made, only I was looking for Aristocrat!Harry.

10. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Ah thankyou Warlocke! That's it.

I'm sorry if I did break any rules, but I spent ages looking for it here AND I even braved the fanfiction.net search engine.

And the whole cape thing is more complicated than just a lifeless cape.
    He flaps and flies around quietly to escape Dumbledore and all sorts. It's a pretty wicked fic and includes a brutally descriptive murder of a certain teacher. I recommend it for those who enjoy that stuff. Thanks again Warlocke.

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Nah, so long as you looked it's fine, I'm sure.

12. malaga

malaga Auror

Without reading I can still think of how great it would be if in times of stress the Cape took over.

Dumbledore unleashes yet more sacrificial news and Harry just lies on the floor. *Think Cape, think Cape*