1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold by Ham - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by thisperson, Jun 20, 2007.

1. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Title: Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold
    Author: Ham
    Rating: PG-13
    DLP Category: General Fics
    Pairing: None
    Summary: A young boy, born to one of the world's leading Light sided families was left to grow up in adversity by the Leader of the Light. His life was carefully controlled to forge him into the weapon needed to win the war. But the actions of a few might just have unleashed a darkness that would sweep over the world, bringing in a dark age never seen before.
    Link

Completely pointless yet I enjoyed it.

Features typical ranting and raving Harry at the Ginny Malfoy wedding.

Hopefully the author will continue this one-shot into something more since it would be Dark!Harry.

I thought it would be OK to submit this for review, I was hesitating a bit since it has no plot and is mainly rant driven, but threw caution to the wind and thought maybe you guys would like it.

Bad Points would be...Auror Harry, He actually LOVED the Weaslet and friends, leaving them unscathed once he leaves.

*sigh*

If only things were different.

3.75-4/5 Malfoy getting locked up for life, Ginny forced into a life alone, and Punching overprotective Weasley.

2. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'm...unimpressed. It's typical, and unoriginal. Good grammar and the like, but nothing special--nothing bad, but nothing great. 3/5

3. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Hmm...I liked it. I give it a 4/5.

Richard.

4. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

This little oneshot is alright, but nothing special. It's mostly Harry ranting at his friends about their 'betrayal' after he breaks up a wedding. At the very end he promises 'to make Voldemort look like a choir boy,' but sadly we don't get to see him go on a rampage.

3/5

5. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Good grammar, well-written, and I liked some aspects of Harry at first. However, it ends up into Harry ranting about Dumbledore, and everything else. How he was played by the "true master" and such. I think the author could of finished it better by just ending it with Harry knocking out Bill and arresting Malfoy. However, since the author didn't, I have to give this story a 3/5. It's nothing special, but it's not horrible either.

6. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

I liked the concept more than the writing itself. The oneshot sounded more like the beginning of a story that goes from Harry being betrayed to Harry emulating Voldemort, and I've not yet seen one of those I really liked. That being said I think this would make a better long story than a oneshot.

7. Vegemeister

Vegemeister Seventh Year

This is terrible.

Second sentence.

1/5

8. Alexx

Alexx Card Captored and buttsecksed

I liked it. I don't think I've ever seen a fic where Auror Harry arrests people. Harry fucking up Redeemed Draco Malfoy's Wedding and putting him in Azkaban where he deserves to be is a win to me. I also like how he made Shacklebolt shut up when he tried to write of what Harry said. I can see the Weasleys and Hermione totally capable of this. 3/5 because we don't get to see Harry 'make Voldemort look like a choir boy' .

9. Rache

Rache Headmaster

If becoming a dark lord thingy is on Harry's agenda, I don't see how annnouncing it loud would help his case any.

This doesn't even belong in the Recycling bin.

10. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    We are all waiting for the exalted cleansing of the Library. We hope and pray to the g(m)ods for that day to be soon.

11. Photon

Photon Order Member

We just need enough people that will vote according to quality of this story, once rating will drop enough it will get moved to the trash bin (it happened recently with really bad slash fic that somehow was in the rubbish bin).