1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Fugitives of Azkaban by BajaB - K+

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Spanks, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Title: Fugitives of Azkaban
    Author: BajaB
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Adventure/General
    DLP Category: Azkaban
    Pairing: None so far
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 65,347
    Updated: September 11, 2007
    Published: June 15, 2007

Summary: A 'Harry goes to Azkaban' story. Convicted for releasing the Basilisk from the Chamber of Secrets, Harry is put into a cell next to the most feared wizard in the world, Sirius Black. AU 3rd year Canon pairings
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3595986/1/

Different take on the Azkaban genre. Somethings are a little iffy, like a 12 year old Harry being put in maximum security, but it is explained. On a plus side, Ginny is catatonic.

So far I would give it a 4/5. Still to early to give a 5/5 imo.

Edit: Yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention the Ron/Hermione moment. Kinda threw me off for a second when I read it, but I just skipped it.

Edit 2: Fixed the summary, though I didn't see it before. I just PMed the author asking if it is going to be a Harry/Ginny. If he/she says yes I will let you guys know.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 28, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
  2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

A combination of several interesting ideas (and twists of some old ideas), written decently and featuring a reasonably competent Harry. What's there not to like? Oh, except Ron & Hermione snuggly pre-teen romance (they are 13-14). In general, pretty good story.

3. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Haven’t read it yet.

n' EvilSpanker missed the bit in the summary..
    Not a good sign.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Canon pairings? That's probably RHr, because Ginny is toast... for now.

5. Le

Le Fourth Year

That's a really good 'fic. I really enjoyed it, mostly because it was actually plausible and because that was the most interesting Lockhart I've ever seen. Seriously, that's a completely reworked angle to and old cliche. 5/5

6. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Okay, I just finished reading it and I honestly don't care if this is a HG fic or not. It's going right up there with nightmares of futures past in my book.

4.5/5 maybee a 5 if he keeps updating.

Most of his stories seem to be one shots so I'm not sure if he's willing to commit. He did finish a 37 chapter story so that gives me hope.

7. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Exactly, what if she’s cured and stands by the side of her one true love?
    I have a feeling that this Harry might go on a forgive and forget spree. Harry forgiving the elder Weasleys and the public would probably spoil the whole fic for me.
    I like a jaded and vengeful Harry.
    3.5/5 for now.

8. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

The author PMed me back about the Harry/Ginny, he said we will have to wait to find out. I can read Harry/Ginny IF and only IF the fic is very very good. I do get the feeling that Ginny will come back and tell everyone it wasn't Harry.

9. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

I was really enjoying this fic until Ron passionately kissed Hermione... really... these are 12 year olds... I can't fathom why these authors feel the need to sexualize children. It's rather disgusting.

2/5

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

About Ginny. I think that...

...she's ATM trapped in the diary and Dumbledore will work at bringing her out.

Either way, it'll be a while before we see her awake.

11. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I've read some of his other stories... he doesn't seem the harry Ginny shipper type. He also hates HBP so theres some hope there.

I'm surprised I never came accross his work earlier... but he does write alot of oneshots and I tend to stear clear of those.

12. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

I wonder if the author will take into consideration that she'll still have the mentality of a 11 year old when she wakes up.

13. chelanxar

chelanxar Squib

damn, you guys beat me to it lol. was about to suggest it, I just found it myself.

5/5 for now, it's a very interesting twist

14. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Its pretty good. As long as it doesnt go back to Ginny somehow and doesnt go off the deep end it should be a pretty good read when all is said and done

4/5

15. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

An interesting start.

4/5

16. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Read the three chapters posted and liked it very much. Sirius and Harry interaction is pretty decent. Dumbledore's point of view isn't too bad either.

Major draw backs for me are Ron's and Hermione's characterization. I feel like I'm reading something out of a white paper. Boring, and too old, they are thirteen, write 'em like that. Any where that it says the thirteen year old had become a man irritates me to no end.

I've seen it way too many times where the writer wants to write about early teenagers, yet makes them out to be stuffy old research lifers that are more mature than Dumbledore. I don't know if this writer is going to go to that extent but they need to pull back from where they are.

Other thing early teen wuv, sweeping off the feet, passionate kissing: hold the bad fluff and pass the peanuts please.

Frankly speaking I liked the Ginny angle a lot and wouldn't mind seeing that developed. Maybe I'm not in touch with my sweet little hate spot in my heart for her character anymore. But this was a very nice twist and I'm looking forward to the writer not forgetting about it.

A 4/5 from me. But waiting on the next couple of chapters before I lock in my rating here. I see major fluff, hugs and happy day pitfall ahead with reunions with Remus, Hermione and Ron. If the author is able to pull that off without me gagging I'll read on more.

17. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Updated

Its not bad, goes into Ron and Hermoine going back to Hogwarts. Ron grows a spine

My main complaint is that Ron and Hermoine act far more like adults than they did in 2nd year.

18. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

The Ron and Hermoine is horrible. Gets a 1/5. They act far too adult, they try to act perfect, and they are just creepy. Then the fact they dated one minute after meeting each other, and that made no sense.

Dumbledore and Snape are well done. Dumbledore shows how he doesn't care about the politic crap and willing to do what is needed to fix something. Snape has improved and is learning, instead of the rude, evil, Harry hatting thing you normally see.

Harry, I would expect more damage to his mind. He is very young and has seen a lot. He should of been crippled with those memory's. Sirius and Remus is believable, I guess. Nothing wrong with them.

I would give this a 4/5, as it is very good but... cannon pairing. That drops it to a 3/5. Ron, Hermoine, and Ginny ruin this story so fast.

*If Ginny never comes back, it is a 4/5 from me then... but as of now, 3.*

19. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I dont mind the Ron and Hermione parts but it is a bit distracting from the real good stuff with Harry. I can actually see why they'd act like adults though.

All in all, I'd give this story a 4/5

20. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

I really don't like the Ron and Hermione parts, but the pure originality of the Harry-Sirius escape plot-line is enough to keep me hooked. I just skim over the Ron/Hermione parts - they're boring anyway....