1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hermi or Ginny?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MysterioX, Dec 15, 2005.

?

Who do you hate more?

1. Ginny

99.5%
  2. Hermione

0.5%
  1. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

From what little time I was here I came across a lot of Anti-ginny but nothing against Hermione.
    I hate them both on a equal level if not Hermione more. don't like her know-it-all and bossy attitude. Hate people like that

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Hate Ginny more coz H/G stories are more clished...

I also hate Hermione coz she's bossing Harry around and turning him into lil bich (ex: Sunsert over Britain). But at least she's better character on her own than Ginny, smart and independant over that stalker slut... And if you go for Hermione, you don't have to drag in the rest of that redneck rabble called Weasley family.

On the other harnd, with Hermione comes her annoying Garry + Marry Stu parrents, that are always ridiculously normal and proper... If you expect to read some great sex scenes in HHr fic, you're in a wrong place...

So there are downs and downs in both pairings, but I feel that the crap labeled "Ginny" smells a little bit worse than the crap labeled "Hermione".

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If Ginny actually had a well developed character in canon I probably wouldn't mind H/G so much. As is, she's a throwaway character invented just for Harry to have a damsel to save, and so the James/Lily can repeat in Harry/Ginny. She's got next to nothing in terms of face time in the books, she just comes out of the blue and bam, is with Harry.

Hermione I couldn't stand no matter what, she's obnoxious, lil twit who only cares for books and authority figures. I could honestly see her being a traitor to Harry if he went against Dumbles, more then I could see Ron.

But as Ip said, in fanon, Hermione generally turns Harry into a bitch, but at least you don't have to suffer through multiple chapters of Weasley brothers threatening Harry with death if he hurts their sister.

If JKR had developed Ginny more then a celeb-obsessed twit, then I think she'd go over well, if not alot better. But a damsel in distress, mother knockoff, with an attitude problem/tomboyish-ness,is bad enough in it's own right. But then you considering she's a girl who just happens to be the main character's best friend's sister, that the main character starts dating? Thats too damned cliche in ANY book.

It's mostly fanon Ginny I hate, but canon Gin ain't much better. Hermione on the other hand is well established as a snobby bitch, there's no saving grace for her. Canon Ginny is mostly a blank slate, with a few very annoying insights into who she is.

Hermione on the other hand is only there to give the purebloods/Draco more ammo against Harry, and to go against the conception of all mudbloods being useless. Her role also that JKR stated, as being a simple way to insert new crucial information is very, very halfassed and lazy, and her character as a fount of information I loathe.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I honestly don't hate Ginny, but I don't like her either. As Midknight said, she's a secondary character. Hermione...in the last book, she just turned even bitcher. Yeah, I hate Hermione more.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Ginny. Definitely hate Ginny more. Don't mind Hermione sometimes when done well but she can be annoying too.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I can't stand either, but I loathe Ginny more. She was set up to be Harry's OMG ONE TRUE LOVE~ from the very start, and I always resented that. I don't find tomboys attractive, plain and simple, and I have this overbearing tendency when I read any fictional work to try to subsume the main character's role within my own mind. I'm also not into the whole girl next door archetype (to use an anime term), which both Hermione and Ginny seem to fall under. I'm more into the magical girlfriend type, hence my preference for Potterverse females such as Cho Chang and Fleur Delacour.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Tom boys arent that bad. I know one and she is one of hottest chicks I know and one of the smartest.

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I hate Ginny more. See reasons above. I dislike the canon Hermione, but her character can be written well...I like the idea of an intellectual pairing. Some H/Hr is good, others are just as bad as most H/G.

9. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I dislike them both. Like Raven I don't like Hermione in canon, yet if she is well written I can handle he in fanfiction.

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yup. Some stories with that pairing are really good but stories like "Sunset of Britain" are really, really shit. Making Harry pussy whipped and all that.

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I've been around chicks like hermione my whole life, and as Harry Potter was my first " fantasy " didn't suprise me a whole lot to find a bossy-bitch bookworm type... The obvious Harry/Ginny James/ Lily parallel[sp] pissed me off, stories should be well written or not published. Definetly not "best-seller", I've prefered Fanfics to canon ever since I found it [GoF].

12. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

now see some hate the harry/ginny pairing cause its cliched and will read a so called good story even with said pairing.
    I on the other hand hate the pairing not only because its cliched but just because i hate the damn thought. The pairing alone has ruined many stories which could be considered good to me. Everytime i read harry and ginny getting all cuddly i cringe and close the window.
    If a story so much as hints at harry/ginny i dislike it.

13. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i hate them both on the same level but if i had to pick it would be....ginny..mostly because if hermione could be truned to see harry as a authority figure then she would be powerful where as ginny has nothing to offer

14. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Hermione - Bossy - Bitch - Authority Worshipper - Snob

Ginny - Annoying - Stalker - Obsessed - Fan-girl

I honestly couldn't say I hate one over the other.

15. Rob

Rob Looked into the void

My vote goes out to neither, actually.

I don't hate Ginny, per se - I do hate how she was brought together with Harry and the wishy-washiness of it all makes me suspect that Jo has something up her sleeve waiting for Ginny - if you've read John Granger (www.hogwartsprofessor.com) on the-interview-that-must-not-be-named, he puts forward a theory on JKR's possible motivations and the whole shipping thing itself.

I don't hate Hermione, either - I'm delusional, apparently, or at least was at the time. I've always liked the idea of Harry and Hermione together, but I have only seen one writer pull it off successfully, and not have it suck Dumble's balls (necrophilia, how lovely). Hermione was absolutely a complete and total bitch in Half-Baked Plot, but there is a reason for it, I believe. Take a peek at this, it's what I think makes most sense: http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/thenorthtower/nt43.shtml .

16. DGD

DGD Headmaster

I guess I could never appreciate(not barf while reading) a H/Hr fic because she's a set in stone snobby uptight authority-figure-worshiping bitch. *Cough* well, that's just my opinion. :twisted: