PDA

View Full Version : [Complete] Lord of Caer Azkaban by Rorschach's Blot - PG13

Lord Ravenclaw
04-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Title: Lord of Caer Azkaban
Author: Rorschach's Blot
Rating: T (PG-13)
Genre: General
Summary: A letter causes Harry to learn some surprising things about his lineage, a different twist on the usual Harry in Azkaban story line.
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2107570/1/

One of my favorite Harry/Azkaban fics. Not quite a Harry in Azkaban fic, but the interesting plot twist brings Azkaban into a completely new perspective.

- - - Edited by Zevrillion - - -

Midknight
04-29-2005, 09:15 PM
It starts out strong, but it's really sagging hard. Hoping the author will be able to pull it out of it's slump.

I just wish more authors could come up with original ideas for filler chapters in between the action, instead of almost EVERYONE using the "Harry goes back to Hogwarts,-- even-though he's a veritable king/lord/rich as hell, and powerful enough to smack down Dumbles"

I mean hell, show him building alliances, show him doing cool stuff. Instead a majority of them just ship him back to Hogwarts, where he'll be learning how to make people tap dance in DADA, totally ignoring that the just wrote Harry spending the summer becoming as strong as Merlin!!!

Er.. sorry for the rant... that just irks me when ppl do that, lol.

Lord Ravenclaw
04-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Touché. I have to agree with you though, it was going great but its rather tapered off in later chapters. The going back to Hogwarts thing is something I also agree on, which is why I have that part all planned out in EoH.

nightangel960
05-05-2005, 09:54 AM
nice even tho this was one of the first Harry becomes Lord of Azabakan fics that was out there I agree with you that it has sluped a bit.hope something big happens soon.

Nuit
08-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Why why why send him back to school it makes no sense.

IndoGhost
08-10-2005, 08:23 PM
i want to read a fic where he just blows up the school when someone tells him he has to go there

Nuit
08-10-2005, 08:32 PM
I want to read a fic where he starts hating magic as a result of being wrongly sentenced to Azkaban.

Burt
08-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Nuit, in Sardonic Satisfaction (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2251657/1/) Harry's on a mission to destroy all magic. It's pretty good.

Gawl
08-10-2005, 09:20 PM
i want to read a fic where he just blows up the school when someone tells him he has to go there

Considering all the "Harry goes to Azkaban, aquires god-like power, tells everyone to suck-it when he's proven innocent and then Dumbledore pulls some manipulation that forces him to go back to Hogwarts" stories out there I'm surprised no one has done it yet. Of course most of the authors that write those fics plan to have Harry forgive everyone in the end. I really hate when they do that.

Midknight
08-10-2005, 09:47 PM

Considering all the "Harry goes to Azkaban, aquires god-like power, tells everyone to suck-it when he's proven innocent and then Dumbledore pulls some manipulation that forces him to go back to Hogwarts" stories out there I'm surprised no one has done it yet. Of course most of the authors that write those fics plan to have Harry forgive everyone in the end. I really hate when they do that.

yep we've ripped that plot turn to shreds many times in the Peeves thread.

Nuit
08-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Nuit, in Sardonic Satisfaction (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2251657/1/) Harry's on a mission to destroy all magic. It's pretty good.Hmm that's something new, but a wee bit strange.

magyareagle
08-22-2005, 06:24 PM
In my fic, stranger in a strange land, I will have harry return to conquer hogwarts. In fact, I have already written the chapter (I wrote that chapter first and then began to shape the rest of the fic around it). If you want I could post it here, though it won't make sense without the rest of the fic backing it up. Let's just say that by the end of my story, Hogwarts will be rubble, Dumbledore and Voldemort dead, and the Hogwarts Academy of Military Science in the old schools stead.

Vecna
08-22-2005, 08:00 PM
By all accounts, post once you get a 1st chapter ready, sounds delightful.

magyareagle
08-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Just posted the link for the first two chapters in the Dark Harry but remains lightsided category. The title is stranger in a strange land.
P.S. I just realized there are a couple of lines in chap 2 that I need to change.
Hope you like it!

Kaotac
09-08-2005, 03:32 AM
You'll want to read my fic, if I ever get around to writing it, then :)

Avitus
09-08-2005, 04:51 PM
good story, kinda slow tho...one question... WHAT is a Rorschach?

magyareagle
09-08-2005, 05:21 PM
To quote from Wikipedia

"Hermann Rorschach (8 November 1884 Zurich - 2 April 1922 Herisau) was a Swiss Freudian psychiatrist, best known for developing the projective test known as the Rorschach Inkblot Test."

Lord Dragon
12-08-2005, 02:33 PM
This fiction is really good. The author doesn't update often .

ShadowedDarkness
01-24-2006, 11:06 PM
I have enjoyed this quite a bit, several humorous parts, but looks like he has writers block right now. Personally I think some of the OMAKEs are quite good. Plus I like the whole Unspeakable Arthur bit, plus the Ghost and Phantom. Not to mention its got a funny and well written dobby (why does he get ignored so much, he's loyal to harry, plus he is pretty powerful, look what he did to Malfoy Sr.) Not to mention Harry is progressing and not jumping to super strength over night.

sephiroththebrokenangel
02-25-2006, 11:19 PM
at first when i read this fic i really liked it but it started going down hill really fast once he went back to hogwarts no matter how many times i read fics like this it never fails to annoy me when the author has harry get betrayed and put in azkaban and then he goes right back to the people who put him there when he could just burn the whole place down with the power and armies that he gets.

but i got off track i liked this fic in the begining only but his new fic "Make a Wish" is a lot better

Lord Dragon
02-26-2006, 05:29 AM
i love still this story

Lord Dragon
03-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Rorschach's Blot pleas update this great story soon for your true fans. 8)

oldmagic
03-06-2006, 09:12 AM
at first when i read this fic i really liked it but it started going down hill really fast once he went back to hogwarts no matter how many times i read fics like this it never fails to annoy me when the author has harry get betrayed and put in azkaban and then he goes right back to the people who put him there when he could just burn the whole place down with the power and armies that he gets.

but i got off track i liked this fic in the begining only but his new fic "Make a Wish" is a lot better

it's good, but just like you said those authors always does that. they propebly don't have any idea of how to write a story without hogwarts. that kinda pisses me off.

sephiroththebrokenangel
03-06-2006, 03:46 PM
thats why i like his new fic so much more because it barely has anything to do with hogwarts at all and its very funny

Ginny Killer 2.0
03-13-2006, 02:23 AM
this was one of the first askaban fics that i read and it got me looking for more of them. now im not sure if that is good or bad lol. it was good at the beginning then it became to well.....umm.... boring lol

thapagan
06-25-2006, 01:16 AM
now that he has fineshed "make a wish" rorschach has a mini chapter
on his yahoo group.

Evil Shnitzel
06-25-2006, 02:32 AM
The new chapter sucked.
All it contained was three scenes.
First the scene with Dumbledore which was shablonic and not effective.
The second was Rebbeca and Herman discuss ther love for Harry and who should get to bet with him.
The third was the negotiation scene I expected. Turned out to be un-realistic and weak vampires succumb to Potter's will after one threat. I expected long and inspiring powerplay between Harry and the leader of vampires but nahhhhhhh. And how in th hell can Vampire sweat?!!!?!?!?!?!!?
Really one of the weakest chapters so far by this talented author.

Lucas13
06-25-2006, 01:56 PM
The new chapter sucked.
All it contained was three scenes.
First the scene with Dumbledore which was shablonic and not effective.
The second was Rebbeca and Herman discuss ther love for Harry and who should get to bet with him.
The third was the negotiation scene I expected. Turned out to be un-realistic and weak vampires succumb to Potter's will after one threat. I expected long and inspiring powerplay between Harry and the leader of vampires but nahhhhhhh. And how in th hell can Vampire sweat?!!!?!?!?!?!!?
Really one of the weakest chapters so far by this talented author.

Why Vampires shouldnt be able to sweat? As far as I know there is nothing saying that they cant... anyway I stopped reading this fic a long time ago eve if I really like the authors fic "Make a Wish". Mainly cause it has gone downhill after the firsts chapters.

Evil Shnitzel
06-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Why Vampires shouldnt be able to sweat? As far as I know there is nothing saying that they cant... anyway I stopped reading this fic a long time ago eve if I really like the authors fic "Make a Wish". Mainly cause it has gone downhill after the firsts chapters.

Because vampires are dead!!! So thus they don't have a beating hearts or sweating or peeing!
I think that the anime starts to influence his work too much. We can see this in the latest months chapters.

Mrriddler
06-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Still my fanfic radar's pretty much blank. Just because this story is possibly my favorite (maybe 2nd after Betrayed) Azkaban fic of all time, I will likely stick with it.

coupdmain
06-26-2006, 10:51 AM
start - rant

I am tired of people here misusing the "Spell Check".

Repeat after me people it is Hermione, not Herman, not Harm-one or Dumb-one. (I know the last two were bad, but bear with me people). The spell check is a tool, it does not have all the words out there, nor can it properly handle all the Proper Nouns like names.

end - rant

back - on - topic...

I think this was one of the first Azkaban fics where Harry did not go to Azkaban as a convicted detainee. His spelling in the initial chapters (I read it again) is atrocious to say the least, but I would say that improves.

Overall I do like this fic, even with the hints of mushiness (is that a word) hidden beneath humor.

[edit]Come to think of it, I dont remember why I do like this fic. :)

Athenia
06-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Repeat after me people it is Hermione, not Herman, not Harm-one or Dumb-one.

Um, while that post did have spelling errors (ther) I think Herman was intentional. It's like Gin-slut. A word made up for these boards showing that people don't like her character. Its one of those things you have to learn to accept if you want to read this board.

f77
06-26-2006, 11:47 AM
I haven't completed the story yet, I am on the fifteenth chapter, but so far I think it is brilliant. Maybe it gets worse later on, but still... It's brilliant. This was the original Lord of Azkaban fic right? Because I have seen other people doing this too. If it is the original one, then Rorschach should get credit for originality. I haven't read the last few chapters, so I don't understand the bitching yet, but I am working on it.

What I liked about this fic is the Azkaban Island is like a country, and has it's different things like military, and diplomacy... Another thing is that harry is so powerful, and Powerful!Harry + Independant!Harry + hints of Darkish!Harry is always good in my book.

Dislikes: The carriage, that part is so stupid it made my blood boil.

Evil Shnitzel
06-26-2006, 12:44 PM
start - rant

Repeat after me people it is Hermione, not Herman, not Harm-one or Dumb-one. (I know the last two were bad, but bear with me people). The spell check is a tool, it does not have all the words out there, nor can it properly handle all the Proper Nouns like names.

end - rant

Are you a dipshit or what? Check the thread "DLP-isms" and see... you know what? I doubt your ability to do this so I will post it here for you:
"
Herman: Used in reference to a shemale Hermione. The women is so anal and annoying it's an easy way to lash out at her poorly written character. Example: "it's slash, the pairing is Harry and Herman"
"
So in the end I'm tired of dumbasses like you who like to play it hardcore in purpose to be liked by people here.

On the topic of this story: I don't see him posting another 10 or so chapters 'cause the horse is dead. He himself know it and said that there only one or two chapter's left. He should write something serious without romance or humour for once. I would like to read something like that \cause in the end he is a talented writer.

Lord Ravenclaw
06-26-2006, 01:06 PM
start - rant

end - rant

It's a deliberate misspelling, dolt. As Evil Shnitzel demonstrated, it's a DLPism. On the forums we have words we've come to recognize such as "tridented", Herman, Ginslut, and so on and so forth which we call DLPisms. Most of these can be found under the DLPisms thread in General Discussion.

World
06-26-2006, 01:13 PM
When it was a new story, I liked it. But especially the last chapter (and Ch 32 part one) sucks.

I agree with Schnitzel, the negotiation was plainly stupid. Harry saying something cocky, the feared and dangerous Vampires trembling before the might that is Azkaban. Harry got them on his side by default.

Also, he seems to be more and more controlled by his bitches. Reminds me of the latest chapters of a similar story, I don't remember which though.

Completing this story just for the sake of completing it is a bad idea imo.

Midknight
07-03-2006, 01:29 AM
God I go away from the site for a few days and I miss such a great bash opputunity ! Damnit!

TheIllusiveOne
07-03-2006, 01:50 AM
I haven't completed the story yet, I am on the fifteenth chapter, but so far I think it is brilliant. Maybe it gets worse later on, but still... It's brilliant. This was the original Lord of Azkaban fic right? Because I have seen other people doing this too. If it is the original one, then Rorschach should get credit for originality. I haven't read the last few chapters, so I don't understand the bitching yet, but I am working on it.

What I liked about this fic is the Azkaban Island is like a country, and has it's different things like military, and diplomacy... Another thing is that harry is so powerful, and Powerful!Harry + Independant!Harry + hints of Darkish!Harry is always good in my book.

Dislikes: The carriage, that part is so stupid it made my blood boil.
The original Lord Azkaban idea was a challenge from PP2, I believe.

Dark Lord Shabranigdo
07-12-2006, 07:06 PM

yeah, that would be nice. Problem is, it's hard to do that without damaging the plot line. Perishing instantaeously in a ball of flame is all well and good, but laqcks the emotional vengence that Harry so needs.

I'm talking about all the HArry is betrayed, sent to hell, and found innocent later. Then they force him to go to school to complete his education.

It's like the book "The Count of Monte Cristo"

"Death is too kind for them. I want them to suffer as I suffered, to see everything ripped away from them as it was ripped away from me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midknight
God I go away from the site for a few days and I miss such a great bash opputunity ! Damnit!

Isn't it great how we all untie against the first person who screws up?

It's like the first Prarie (sp?) dog that sticks its head up gets run over with a lawn mower.
-Edmond Dantes

DarthBill
07-12-2006, 07:59 PM
You should not talk about bashing someone for their stupidity while double posting. Makes you look like a hypocrite.

Dark Lord Shabranigdo
07-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah, well, I forgot to read all the way through before posting. I found something to post to, and posted. I then read further, and found another thing to post about. Sorry if I have displeased your highness.

Accidents happen. So lighten up.

Dark Lord Rostam
07-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Meh, Darth was a little harsh there, but, yes, he's right. Shab, just remember to use the edit button, then we'll all be happy.

Dragon Watcher
07-21-2006, 12:05 AM
I thought DarthBill was a Darth and Dark Lord Rostam was an Highness. Or would you call him an Darkness? or most Highess of the Dark Ones?
curious :?:

Richard
09-14-2006, 08:02 PM
This story's "okay". Not in the "above average" though. As Midknight said, it starts out good in the beginning and starts going downhill from there...kinda like Metallica after the Black album...

Dark Lord Shabranigdo
01-19-2007, 10:18 AM
No one answered. How do I delete a post?

P.S. Anyone like my new avatar?

huntedorange
01-23-2007, 08:53 PM
I thought this was great when it started but now it has gone to shit, i very promising fic that has not lived up to its original hype.

Dark Lord Rostam
01-23-2007, 09:02 PM
This was one of the first fanfics I have ever read. The first being by Kateydidnt or something; another Azkaban fic, anyway.

I really liked it when it first came out, but its been slipping. Blot's talenten enough to bring it back, but it seems like he is concentrating on humor.

Who knows, maybe he can still do it.

4/5 at beginning.

2.8/5 when it started sucking.

3.4/5 total.

gadriam
01-30-2007, 01:39 PM
What i like about this one is how hwe plays on the stupidity of the Hogwarts crew.
They honestly believes he honestly wants to return, they bend over backwards to accomodate him and he just ripping them off bigtime.
He has already stolen the little ray of potion sunshine, copied the library, and gotten his hands on the shards of the Philosophers' stone and now he's pulling his troops out and the Hoggers won't even know what happened 'til it's too late.
A nice turn on the Returnscenario. I agree the tempo is winding down too much in the later chapters, but i still want to see what happens next!

g

dark_lord_dumbledore
08-09-2007, 03:50 PM
in all azkaban reads
he ether escapes or he is found inocent and goes and forgives he friends

but i find that bullshit
i prefer the"destroy hogwarts" idea
i might include that in one of my new storys

Dark Lord Rostam
08-09-2007, 03:51 PM
i i might include that in one of my new storys

Please don't write a new story. Oh, and don't bump, idiot.

Andro
08-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, hopefully that story will display better grammar than in that post.

Iztiak
08-13-2007, 05:35 AM
One of the very best Harry/Azkaban fics, there is room for improvement, but it clobbers most of the H/A fics. 4/5

ovick111
08-14-2007, 09:02 PM
author abandoned this I think. Pretty sad, one of the best fics out there.

dark lord big-d
01-03-2008, 07:08 PM
i thought it was ok
but it was a bit to farfeched by having his own army
i gowith dark_lord_dumbledores idear have one where is is soangry he destroyes hogwarts by accident
or he never forgives his"friends"
but tihis is ok but the heir to azkaban that will never happen

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,:w all: .,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,:eek: :wall: :eek: :wall: :microwave: :mid2 :headshot: :rrou: :fap :office :magic: :splatter:

:::: death is the next great adventure :;dumbledor

:::: gore is fun, and you are dumb :; me, dark lord big-d

mikeuni
06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
There has been a new chapter posted. Its not bad but it is written in a different style than the earlier chapters but I think he might be updating more. The chapter is about Hermiones birthday and there is some about Marcus Flint.

Andro
07-03-2008, 04:38 PM
It's readable now.

I'm nearly offended by the Omakes. I'm surprised R's Blot allowed them to see the light of day.

"Not to question your most evilness's genius but why did you get me a costume and ice skates?" questioned the trembling Wormtail.

"Why I would think it obvious even to you Wormtail, I'm practcing for the nationals" Stated Voldemort as he stepped from behind the screen in an outfit that can only be described as scary beyond all reason

in the distantance all fashion conscious people of both sexes wail and shriek "ANYTHING BUT THAT"

LogrusMage
07-03-2008, 10:29 PM
It's readable now.

I'm nearly offended by the Omakes. I'm surprised R's Blot allowed them to see the light of day.

So much fail...

Padfoot85
09-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Ugh.

In the first three chapters Harry gains the confidence to cut himself off from Dumbles,

cleverly eluded the Order (not so clever the Order must be fucking idiots.)

Goes to Gringotts to receive his inheritance,

Inherits 25 Family Fortunes, gains a bajillion galleons,

gains servants who sole purpose in life is to do his bidding to the point of sleeping on the floor because he didn't say she could sleep in a bed.

Takes an entire chapter for a shopping trip to Diagon where the author painstakingly describes everything Harry buys,

tells Dumbles to go fuck off,

gains a Library with all books ever written,

and has a legion of followers that ignore the fact that he's completely ignorant just because he's "the heir"

The amount of cliche just hurts my mind

Fail.

2/5 at best for the length and the fact that it's not H/G...it's Herman but i've given up on it and I don't know how Herman handles Harry.

If it were up to me this wouldn't be in the Library, especially with the lack of updates.

Korisovra
09-07-2008, 07:01 PM
There aren't very many good Azkaban fics out there but this is in the top ten, unfortunately. My final rating is 3.5/5

Dark Minion
09-07-2008, 07:57 PM
The amount of cliche just hurts my mind

Fail.

2/5 at best for the length and the fact that it's not H/G...it's Herman but i've given up on it and I don't know how Herman handles Harry.

If it were up to me this wouldn't be in the Library, especially with the lack of updates.

While judging this fic please don't forget that once it was started - in 2004 - the cliches you complain about weren't cliches yet.

In fact it once was a original story, especially describing Azkaban as an independent entity and powerbase for Harry. Because it is unfinished the story outlived itself. Nowadays it's just average among the huge number of various indy!Harry fics. Though - the way Rorschach describes Azkaban is still rather unique.

If you skim through the library for old fics you have to bear in mind that - even if they once were original - their ideas and plotelements have later been used over and over again by other authors, who more often than not took most of their ideas from stories like this.

A huge number of fics in the library have a similar background - among them some of the best stories out there, never finished and eventually abandoned. Think of Rosswrock's Power of Time. Of course the Mods could clean the library of all these stories - but then it would cut its roots and only collect what's up to date right now.

Andro
09-08-2008, 12:27 PM
The problem is that the fic was built around only a single original twist. Everything else sucked. The technicality of Rorschach’s writing is definitely loads better now, but this fic has worn out its welcome.

Magus
09-09-2008, 04:34 PM
This fic has aged very badly. It might have some staying power as a progenitor of a line of fics, but at present it's so full of other cliche ideas that it's pretty much unreadable.

After the initial idea Rorschach simply doesn't write a single original idea throughout the fic. Telling idiot!Dumbledore to go have intimate relation with a goat, check. Gratuitous Herman, check. Harry inherits ∞ Galleons, check. Everyone else in the story is dumb as living fuck, most certainly check.

It's a shame, I've greatly enjoyed a number of Rorshasch's fics, but just not this one. For me, this fic has no place in DLP other than the recycling bin. 1.5/5

aiyer
01-13-2009, 11:47 AM
This fic has aged very badly. It might have some staying power as a progenitor of a line of fics, but at present it's so full of other cliche ideas that it's pretty much unreadable.

Yes and no. I'd say that if it was written now, it would be full of cliche ideas. But the story was started in 2004. I'd say many of the cliche ideas are started with this story. You can't blame Rosarch for other authors copying a lot of his ideas.
While the start was in my opinion rather good (very good at the time), it seems that Rosarch has lost view of where to take his story though.

About author's sending super Harry to Hogwarts:
That's mainly done for interaction. The advantage of Hogwarts is that you have a lot of characters to interact with to fill the story between plots.
I mean, let's say you have a diabolical Harry living on his own. You can't have one diabolical plan after the other, you need fillers. If Harry is living on his own, those fillers would be rather meager.
In this story however, there is no need for it since there are more than enough characters to interact with at Azkaban.

Dark Minion
07-03-2011, 09:45 AM
In case there is someone still interested in this story, he/she/it might be interested in learning that it has been completed - half a year ago.

Back then Rorschach posted two more chapters dealing with Harry and the women (Becky and Hermione) and the last battle with Voldemort.

The last battle was burning down Riddle manor without any battle going on. Later the Azkaban forces presented Voldemort's head to Harry who wasn't even involved but waiting at home for their return.

Have a look if you want to finish what you started reading long ago - but as it has been said before: Nowadays it's just average.