1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SuperMan Vs Goku

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Oujou Akaash, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Well i read something like this on another site while i was browsing and this got me thinking. Who would win Superman or Goku? Actually i might even write a fic of it later on with some help from anyone of you but i gotta ask who would win the fight?

2. Solomon

Solomon Heir

...Superman is the living embodiment of Deus Ex Machina. It would be close for a while - either that, or Goku would be beating the living shit out of Superman - then the blue-clad hero would pull some new super power out of his ass and win, no contest.

3. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Bwa! So does Goku. His spirit bomb will total him. Superman can't be that indestructible seeing as he can't destroy a planet and Goku can

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Hell, Superman doesn't even need a new super power for that. He's had Invulnerability from the start. He might take a heavy punch or two, but the spirit bomb will be more apt to ruin the land around him than actually hurt Superman. Sure, the guy will take a few scrapes and burns, maybe a cut or two, but that won't even come close to stopping Superman.

Like I said, he's the embodiment of Deus Ex Machina. He can't lose, because he is effectively a god, able to pull anything out of his ass in order to win in the end, even if he gets a few external injuries.

5. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

oh come on! So is Goku. When guys like Dark Sed or something like that can hurt superman with strong punches like that just imagine a ssj 4. Goku will destroy him. He has to. No matter how much invulnerability he is he can still get hurt and he can die.

6. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Nah, Goku's not a Deus Ex Machina. He's just really, really strong at this point. But then, who's to say that Superman isn't? Just how strong are those baddies that Superman fights? Just how tough is Luthor's technology? Have we ever actually seen Superman punch a regular human - with no real armor of any sort - as hard as he can?

The point of this post is simple; Superman is strong, he is really strong. He might just so happen to be as strong as a Super-Saiyajin 4 Goku. There's no real proof stating otherwise, to be quite honest.

7. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

As nerdy as this is, I have to put in my own two cents.

I honestly think Goku would win. Superman is a Deus Ex Machina, sure, but come on. No matter how powerful he is, he has an Achilles heel. If Goku really, really wanted to win, like, borrow energy for a Spirit Bomb from just about everything alive and a doorknob or two to kill Majin Buu wanted to win, all he'd have to do is smack Superman in the face with some Kryptonite, then jam some down his throat or something.

Goku doesn't have any weakness that crippling. I don't think anyone from any series does, really. Superman just totally got shafted on that one.

8. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Look at the weaknesses of both characters. What can stop Goku? The only thing that can stop Goku is someone stronger than him, there is no strange object that can weaken him.

Now, onto Superman. The first is kryptonite, if Goku puts some kryptonite stones in his wrist bands Superman is fucked. Superman gets his power from the Sun. If Goku can block the sun, then Superman loses power.

So in the end, Goku has the advantage.

9. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

If you read the comics... Superman!Prime is basically God, training on the sun for 10,000 years and shit.

10. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Thats where ssj4 goku comes in.

11. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

If Superman punched a normal human there would be nothing left afterwards.

Superman > Goku.

12. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Goku's skin can withstand bullets, he's far from a normal human. Heck, Nappa, who's extremely less powerful than Goku, could take on an entire army alone, including jets, missiles, battleships, etc.

Even if, for some reason, Superman could be considered stronger than Goku, Goku would still beat him in speed. Superman may be faster than a speeding bullet, but Goku has instant transmission.

14. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I lol at all those that said Goku can win.

Goku is not a human. But he would still get owned by Superman's punches.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5671/01us5.jpg

The fight between the two versions of Superman shattered the boundaries of time and space. Goku has never had a fight on that level.

http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/2135/untitled138wy8fy6fu.jpg

Superman goes near the speed of light near a black hole. Goku can't even touch that level of speed.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1609/supermanbatman13pg109es.jpg
    http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5647/supermanbatman13pg114cl.jpg

Superman takes Darkseid to the Source wall at the edge of the known universe.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7923/supermansheatvison2np.jpg

Superman's heat vision engulfs the planet...at low intensity.

In short Goku is killed easily.

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

^ Suck a dick.

Goku'd win.

16. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Xipho are you by any chance a Goku fanboy?

17. fantasyfreak

fantasyfreak Fifth Year

Goku would kick Superman's spandex clad ass.

18. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Thats because they are fighting each other. Thats bound to mess up the time line. It's not even suppose to happen.

Goku can (He has to if he can breath in space) but he can't because he can't survive in space. With the instant transmission no less he can go from anywhere to anyplace through space.

Okay so Superman can cook a planet but can he destroy it like Goku can in an instant?

19. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Well it all comes down to what Superman you are talking about, the one I was referring to, is the one bolded below.

20. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

I didn't say Goku was a normal human. I was replying to the post above mine. Still, Superman >*infinity Goku.