1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

J.J. Abrams Cloverfield

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by QuaziJoe, Jul 29, 2007.

1. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Alright folks, Anyone who went and saw transformers might have seen this funky trailer for a new movie.

To summarise... Guy named Rob is leaving Town...

So sad...
    "We love you rob"
    "How will I survie Rob"
    "Rob's a stand up guy"
    "I'd tap that..."

Then Some kind of earthquake takes place and were all looking outside.

Then pans to a giant fireball erupting a few miles away.

[​IMG]

Scene change to the street where everyones going crazy go nuts... Then We hear this kick ass monster roar... and suddenly the Statue of liberties decapitated head is flying towards the innocent pedestrians.

All that is shown at the end is that this movie was Produced by J.J. Abrams.

No title no nothing. Oh you got a date, almost forgot...

1 . 18 . 08​

After much obsessing, I have finally found out the name of the movie... Cloverfield.

Or atleast thats what they have been refering to it in secret. Its a big Viral thing right now... A lot of hype.

And the Website that all this is revolving around...

www.Ethanhaaswasright.com

A kick ass site in its self. On the site you got five puzzles, some distorted video, and alot of questions.

I would recommend you all try and solve the puzzle before august 1st as apparently something big is suppposed to happen.

They're not easy, so some cheeting may be called for...

I'll see about posting a link to the trailer...

Edit: Linkage

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    J.J Abrams confirmed that ethanhasswasright has nothing to do with his Untitled project. That is from IMDB. But, anyways, I can't get past the second puzzle.

I look at the stars and I look for figures that might indicate his name, but nothing.

3. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Really... well then the ethan haas thing is probably a video game that just got linked with the project. I remember reading something about omega something or other... That might be it.

For the second puzzle... Drag your mouse over one of the stars and count what appears.

See if you can figure out what it could represent.

Once you got that... for the puzzle itself see how many symbols can be chosen, and see if there is anything on the page that corresponds to that number.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  4. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Solved it. Was fun. The movie looks awesome, but I still don't know what the fuck it's about.

5. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Microsoft officially said that Ilovebees.com wasn't connected to Halo2 either when asked about it. They were lying through their teeth.

That's part of what viral advertising is about. You generate curiousity and debate about something to keep people interested. Admiting that Ethan Haas is connected would kill a lot of the curiousity and debate going on.

Btw, I know this is circumstantial evidence, but I think the Nine Inch Nails album "Year Zero" is connected to this, based on two of the things Reznor said about it. #1) That the album was basically a soundtrack for a movie that didn't exist at the time it was made, and that #2) a movie was going to be tied into the album.

6. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Good Point. Though I'm doubting it based on this link

This is a Wiki Link so its cetainley not to be considered 100% proof. But its still pretty convincing.

For now... Ethan Haas web site will be considered linked on this thread.

7. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Sorry to double post but apperently the Wiki was correct.

Ethan Haas is part of the Alpha omega video game sequal thats coming out. Has nothing to do with Cloverfield.

8. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    apparantly several cg 'ufo' vids are connected to this as well, which most people assume are real. typing 'ufo haiti' into google should get you to one.

also here's another interesting trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8B3fk-jSE4

9. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

Oddly enough, 1/18/08 is my birthday. What an odd present from the universe.

10. Paimon

Paimon That fucking cat

Oddly enough, my birthday is 1/17/08. What an odd belated present from the universe.