1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Luna recs

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by PsyckoSama, Aug 2, 2007.

1. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

I'm finding it hard to find good fics with a harry/luna coupling. Don't need to be fluff, just with those two in a relationship. If anyone knows and good fics, and they have or haven't been posted here, please give me a link. Thanks.

2. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Yeah...I have to say, the Harry/Luna character selection list on FF.net leaves much to be desired. As it stands, I'm reading something that hasn't been updated since January '04, myself.

...I think it's Harry/Luna, anyways...

3. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I have no idea where you might find a Harry/Luna fic... I mean...Who would ever write one.

[Shamelessly points at his own signature]

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I can only read so much of that before my eye starts to twitch, to be quite honest. Those first few chapters are killer.

5. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Read it yesterday ;)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  6. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Well Either way...

[Continues to shamelessly point]

Edit: Michelle-31a has a few Luna fics. The better ones are mostly one shots but she has a seemingly abandoned long fic in there.

Give her a try...

7. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Wow...unless I'm mistaken...this is a huge nono. Isn't there a rule against posting 'looking for' fics, if they aren't for specific fics?

That aside, if you want to read one where there's only a bit of a sideline romance between Harry and Luna, I'd suggest Bungle in the Jungle by Jbern (the sequal is coming this labor day, apparently, and I think there'll be more Harry/Luna, but we'll see).

8. Solomon

Solomon Heir

...Already read that one, myself. It's great, but I'm not going to reread it quite yet. I figure I'll wait until it's a bit closer to Labor Day weekend.

This is against the rules, I guess, but...Well, there really isn't much on FF.Net, as should be blatantly obvious by the fact that I'm pretty much stuck either reading something from '04 or rereading other fics.

I don't know about you, but I don't much like reading 100,000+ word incomplete fics from over three years ago.

9. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

10. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Eh I personally reccommend using the filter thing and going back to the pages that are somewhere in the the twenties, seems that Luna starts to become more and more OOC as time goes on. You'd think that HP 5 movie would make the pairing better....

Anyhow there's my C2 http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Raijins_Favs/8878/
    which has a bunch of the fics I've liked in that pairing though I've yet to search through all of ff.net

Also there's The Search for Nirvana: http://jeconais.fanficauthors.net/The_Search_For_Nirvana/The_Search_For_Nirvana.php

Likeable if your sugar tolerance is high: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3083900/3/The_Nargle_Always_Knocks_Twice.

Finally a fic that I'll probably put up in the for review section someimte due to how much it amuses me http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3208499/5/Potter_Yojimbo.

11. greensocks

greensocks Squib

12. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

13. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Already read a few of those; Nonjon's "Lovegood, Boobs Gooder" was especially good. Thanks, though; this should keep me - and PsyckoSama, I imagine - busy for a while.

...Still going to catch up on that three year old one, though; it's not the greatest, but I'm far enough in that I just don't feel like quitting yet.

14. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Believe me, I've looked. I posted this because frankly I was stick of digging though the septic tank that is the multitude of Harry Potter fanfiction for the 1/10th of one percent of fanfics that don't suck, and then having to filter out the Ginny/Hermonie mush from those to find the handful of decent HP/LL fics.

Besides, these kinds of threads never go out of date and might recommend something that isn't on the list here. :p

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Try LiveJournal. Back in late 2005 - early 2006, I was searching through various communities for Harry/Luna stories. I found quite a few really good ones, mostly one shots, that weren't on any other site I had visited.

Unfortunately, I didn't use bookmarks back then. I still don't.

16. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

17. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Never been to fanfictionalley before really... thought it was just a Gin-slut loving cesspit of suck. Happy to be wrong. This'll keep me entertained for at least a week! :)

18. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I just finished reading that story from '04. Apparently it was, in fact, finished; just finished before FF.Net added the option to mark a story as complete.

If you want to read it, it can be found here.

19. redawgts

redawgts First Year

You can find H/L stories at http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/jayne1955/

I've read "Of Girls and Goddesses", "The Servants of Egypt", and "Tales of a Spiritual Warrior" but it's been so long, circa 2004, I can't remember how good they are. I'll have to re-read them sometime soon.

20. Subcomandante_Taco

Subcomandante_Taco Seventh Year