1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Code Geass

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Paravon, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

I know some here have heard of it, but if you haven't, then you're missing out on one of the greatest anime I've ever seen.

This series is everything the anime fans on this forum would want. It's intelligent, with mind-games that only Death Note matches. The story has a well crafted feel, where everything fits together. It is dark, violent, and dramatic, but never falls into angst.

For me, it ranks right up there with Evangelion.

Wikipedia

Found:

Here

or

Here

Questions and discussion are encouraged, but please put up spoiler warnings for spoilers in general and hide those past episode fifteen. That is as far as the links bring you.

I'm going to wait to see them at my campus anime club, when the fall semester starts. On a thirty foot projected screen is the way all anime should be first viewed.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  2. Rawrixmoo

Rawrixmoo Second Year

Ah one of my favorite animes, how did you like the 24th and 25th episodes?

3. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Definitely a DLP worthy Anime. Best characters in an animated series by far.

Dark, complicated, and awesome.

Just watch the first episode. You'll be thinking "Eh this is a little bor... WTF! ... What the hell just happened? ... ... ... awesome."

Happenedjust about that way for me :).

BTW: My AVatar comes from Code Geass.

I haven't watched 24 and 25 yet. I'm waiting for my friend to come over so we can watch em' together (he can't DL em').

Don't spoil anything in this thread... unlike most anime's spoilers for Code Geass are actual spoilers, they ruin stuff. It's almost completely unpredictable at times.

One more edit: Lesbian Crazy-Fan Girl with Glasses whose Obsessed With Revenge FTW

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

...Two words.

Mental Elevator.

Xenon just imploded. :)

5. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

Definetly cringe-worthy whenever they try to speak english. Are they intentionally trying to sound like an idiot?

By the way, directly streamable from www.veoh.com Why bother downloading unless you actually want it physically saved onto your hdd?

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

...Mental Elevator. :fap

7. Xenon

Xenon Professor

Fuck you Syao -_-

Stupid cliffhanger at the end of 24-25. Now we get to wait till October to find out what could have happened in the next five minutes of the episode.¯\(º_o)/¯

Picture Book 8.75 was lulzy though. Hooray for incestuous innuendos.

On that note; I don't suppose anyone's got links to Nightmare of Nunnally scanlations past chapter 01 do they?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  8. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I just got done watching the cat episode, and so far this series is really awesome. Don't know how I missed this one, but somehow I wasn't aware of it before now.

I really love the opening and ending themes, and I want them so I can play 'em whenever I want.

9. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

Good News

Code Geass has been licensed for North American release.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-07-21/bandai-goes-geass

This is great.

But, I wonder how they'll handle the constant references to Pizza Hut.:D

They just better get someone who can do justice to Lelouche's Zero voice.:mad:

10. Rehio

High Score:
    That is not great. You know they'll screw up the voices, they always do. Not just Zero, but every single character in the show.

11. LogrusMage

Agreed.

Plus, the Weeaboos will be on Lolouche's ass like PANTS. I can picture it now...

"Zero is so KAWAI!!! ^_^"

Massive weeaboo huntings are in order.

In other news, the same thing is going to happen to the greatest anime EVER, "Welcome to the NHK". The series is being dubbed by ADV, whom I have faith in. I don't, however, have faith in the massive weeaboo masses who will grossly misinterpret the show and make me want to kill something by focusing on the romance as romance, instead of what it actually is.

FUCK... I hate when America licenses good anime. Even deplorable anime, like Naruto, are made thousands of times worse once the Japanophiles gets their grubby hands on it.

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Anyone who puts some sense into the whole mental elevator thing gets some reputation. Go!

13. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

Are you kidding, I spent fifteen minutes and only found episodes twenty-four and twenty-five.

If you don't want to download them, then go here:

http://tv-links.co.uk/listings/3/5592

It has something to do with the Geass and the Emperor, but It'll probably be answered in season two. Hold your :fap till then.;)

14. Rehio

High Score:
    How the hell have I never heard of this site? This is so awesome. I'm gonna be spending the next year on this site.

15. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    It's missing an episode, seven I think.

And Rehio, I was just as in awe when i fond it about four months ago from a link in the Dresden files tv thread. Four months and I'm still only on season 7 of stargate.

/me mournes

EDIT: Nope, it's missing six.

16. Rehio

High Score:
    They have Reboot. Reboot.

I've been looking for Reboot for years, and finally I have found it. Silver, I love you.

I can also clear my hard drive of all the anime and such I've downloaded, thank god.

Going to finish off Geass tomorrow or the next day so I can start using site before it disappears.

17. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Fourth Year

Just a note, if that site doesn't have what you're looking for in the way of missing episodes or bad link then try: http://www12.alluc.org/alluc/ The organisation of the series isn't as good but it's a good back up to tv-links.

18. Zyloch

Zyloch Fourth Year

Episode 6 can be found from Veoh (at least right now). Damn, this series is chilling; you really can't hate anyone!

19. LogrusMage

That's the beauty of it. It hits on the old "is war worth it" question so incredibly well. You can't help but agree with the varying view points, and no one is truly made out to be 'evil' except the King. Even Orange-Kun is a decent guy... ha!

20. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

I've been wondering about this for some time. So, I have three questions.

How likely is it that the the members of the royal bloodline are created through genetic selection? Not genetic tampering or engineering, but breeding - eugenics.

We know that Brittania has been around for a fair bit of time - on the sixteenth emperor - and the Emperor routinely has several children by several different people. And that only the 'best' of these (after infighting) becomes the new Emperor - to have several children themselves, I presume.

Through the series, we have seen that the majority of the Emperor's children - even the emperor himself - have great gifts of intelligence, cunning, strategy, political maneuvering, and other powers of the mind. Individual members can predict and influence worldwide political and military events, without support. They can play normal people, even gifted people, like puppets.

To contrast this, the only person who even approaches these (not including scientific intelligence) at that level, outside of the family, is Todoh. And he is considered gifted enough to be revered as a miracle.

So, having this information, do we have to concede that the emperor is somewhat correct in his views? (At least in the world of Code Geass). That in Brittania, the Royal family at least, evolves to a higher state. And that this leadership makes the Empire better.

Do you think the superiority of the royal line was put into the show on purpose?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007