1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and The Order of the Templar by Blah-the-sixth - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Sanctimonius, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

Title: Harry Potter and The Order of the Templar
    Author: Blah-the-sixth
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure Suspense
    DLP Category: AU
    Pairing: Harry/Fleur
    Summary: The Templar have come out of the shadows. The battle between light and dark now takes on a new look. Conspiracy, betrayal, and a decent helping of buttkicking all around. HarryFluer in later chapters. Check my profile for up to date status information.

LINK: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3483013/1/Harry_Potter_and_The_Order_of_the_Templar

------------

Alright, this is a fairly decent story that I found last night, while skimming through the endless slash stories of FF.net. Harry essentially is raised by the Order of Templar (not to be confused with the knights) and is taught an entirely different brand of magic (labeled Templar magic; lost a few brownie points there) that incorporates melee fighting with a sort of charging your weapons and yourself with magic. It has an interesting ranking system within the Templar themselves. As probably guessed, Harry is a templar, taken at a young age to train and become one of them.

Pros: Nice fighting scenes, templar are not all powerful, uses old cliches in new and interesting ways, and harry is intelligent (always a thumbs up)

Cons: The story feels rushed (like you know what it is and whats happening, but its happening to fast), Templar Magic gets boring after a while, OOC's (to be expected) come off not Mary-Sue, but seem to try to be reclaiming the Marauders without Pettigrew and a more serious Harry.

Overall, a solid 3.8/5. Hey its still above average IMO ;).

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I read this some time ago, and didn't like it because, well, it's a bit generic. A hissing Voldemort, a powerful group ie the Templars. The fighting scenes were ok to the author's credit. 3/5.

3. PlacatedTurtle

PlacatedTurtle Backtraced

I read this a while ago, and it kept me entertained for a few chapters but eventually i got bored and closed it. I can't remember exactly why, i will read it again later and work out why i stopped before.

4. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

Like I said, above average. A bit generic, i agree, but as far as i can tell, there are no crossovers going on here (am i right) so if that's the case, its a cool idea that the author actually built up with ranks and so forth.

5. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I liked this story myself. 4/5 for me.

Richard.

6. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

yo bro... this thread is like in the trash can, or in the library? vote guys! wutever... i'm getting sick of seeing the same old shit in the FOR REVIEW section. i want new shit. shit.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2007
  7. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

Not bad, actually I found the whole idea quite interesting if not a bit rushed.. lots of battles in a row and where it is now, I can't see where this story is going anymore. Well, a 4/5 from me.

8. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Yo bro, you posted this story 2 days ago. Generally, fics are left in the 'For Review' section for at least a week in order to generate a wide enough response. Many stay longer since there are either too few posts or votes. No matter how many times you post useful comments such as the one above, the same old shit will be in this section until it is ready to be moved.

9. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

I dont know... this story didnt seem to stand out much but it does seem to be going okay. Nothing too bad or outstanding though.

3.5/5

10. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

sorry, i was slightly intoxicated at the time i wrote that. But the point still stands, fan fiction is going stagnant. And i've been here long enough to know that.

11. Enygmatic

Enygmatic Guest

I read this story a fair while ago, but in the end the storyline wasn't scintillating enough for me to overlook the sub-par writing and lack of real direction. Perhaps with a beta and some work the story could be turned into something acceptable, but for now it's certainly nothing amazing.

2/5 for me.

12. njpotterfan

njpotterfan Guest

Not sure if I like it, seems like a long intro, fleur/harry isn't happening any time soon unless he is gonna jump her while she is in morning. Them finding out he is harry is gonna be awhile too unless it is rushed.

13. blackadder

blackadder Backtraced

The story seems rushed and is quite boring actually.

14. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

It has templar in the title.

2/5

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Your name has punctuation.

-2/10.

16. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Sorry, but it seemed wittier (at the time) than giving an actual review, since everyone had pretty much summed it all up with their own posts.

Titles are important for catching the eye, and templar is such an overused word.

17. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

At least this story is original. I liked it.
    I don't really care for the Harry/fleur, but I'll get over it.