1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

This has bothered me forever...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiph0, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

... why doesn't Lord Voldemort brand his servants, and any other dark lord * cough * with just a single, tiny dot? Its easy to miss, the ministry cant persecute you for having a "birth mark" and you can still summon your followers. I understand about the dark mark symbolising loyalty, but why not put it on the back, tiny.

Is his ego really that bad?

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Why people like Severus or Peter have nowhere else to turn? Coz everyone knows they are Death Eaters thanks to the mark. No one else would take them but the Dark Lord which ensures their loyalty.

I guess Voldemort has a way of hiding the mark for spies and those working in the Ministry...

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I've yet to see canon mention any searching by the Ministry [ for the record ] for their marks. I infered that there nasty/cowardice attitudes, coupled with " the dark lord " as nobody but Death Eaters use that label, gave them away. As for spies, Snape is suppose to spy on Hogwarts/Dumbledore, his mark is still there - no?

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It's not hidden because it doesnt have to be on Snape. Dumbledore knows he's a Death Eater and thinks he's working for the Order and thats what Voldemort wants. If it was hidden then that plan wouldnt work.

Anyway, he has a big fucking ego. Just look at the Horcruxes. All famous objects(mostly anyway) and all hidden in places that he can be traced to. A smart person would choose anything, preferablly something magical and hard to destroy, then hide them at the bottom of the fucking ocean.

No need for them to be Hufflepuffs or Slytherins. But his ego wont let him do that.

5. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

ego is the downfall of a man....it was for dumbledore and it will be for voldemort

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's just an utterly stupid assed way of showing who's evil and who's not. If JKR could get away with having the folks wear black hats and the Order wearing white hats, I'd imagine she'd do it.

Cool idea the marks are, but when you stop to think about it, it makes you wonder how the hell the man got to be so strong, when all his followers are deathly afraid of going out in summer in a t-shirt!

7. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i always thought that the mark only shows up when voldemort wants them to come together

8. Midknight

Nah, remember in GoF Karkoff shows Snape his arm, which is steadily getting blacker as Voldemort regains power.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

On the inside of the forearm or where ever it is is a stupid place. Too easy to find but ahh well.

10. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

It is a fear that is not unfounded. They all remember the events of the first (and last) annual Deatheater Beach Party. The trouble began when the residents of the nearby condos complained to aurors about a rowdy bunch disturbing the peace by shouts for "cleansing Wizardkind" and "death to all Muggles except for their hot sisters and daughters." It wasn't until the aurors showed up and spotted Voldemort flipping dragon burgers while wearing a "Kiss the Dark Lord" apron did things turn for the worst. It was a heart-pounding barefooted dash to their wands through the scalding sand, but fortunately they all managed to escape with only moderate burns on their feet.

Many historians have gone on record to state that if all of the Deatheaters had not just finished a Whipped Creme Pie Eating Contest then they would have been all identified and captured that very next day and Voldemort's reign of terror would have ended before it truly ever begun. It was this fact that convinced them to start wearing white masks in deference to their Patron God, Cool Whip. May He hide them from sight and induce diabetic comas on all those who stand in their path, Amen.

11. Midknight

12. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

nicely put paen

13. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/899503/1/