1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harrys Dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xanatos, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

In a paper over here, J K apparently let it slip that harry is going to die in the last book, which i've assumed for ages, cause otherwise shes gonna be bugged to write more books, does anyone know what the interview said or anything?

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Probably bullshit. Even if she were gonna kill him, she certainly wouldn't have announced it 2 years before publishing the book. She'd make it a surprise and gave herself enough time to change her identity and move to Congo to live in the wilderness, away from angry fan-girls who wanted Harry to marry Ginny.

3. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I have to agree with IP82, it's most likely bullshit. I can't see her killing Harry, not at the "happy ending" of the series. Even so, she wouldn't announce it 2 year in advance.

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, I've pretty much always held the opinion that Harry was going to die in the end, so I'm at least intrigued by this though not entirely convinced.

5. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

I say he don't die there are waaaay too many innocent children that she would surely not want to hurt.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Nah, no way in hell she'd kill him. Dumbledore is even very, very questionable with the way she left such a gaping hole with his "death" (since when does AK push you off a balcony where noone can see what happens on the way down, or the phoenix launching itself out of the casket)

She'd have so many ppl out for her blood it'd be nuts. With her lack of originality lately, and such filler, she has to make it some corny ass happy ending for it to fly.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

In OotP didn't Fawke's take a spell for Dumbledore? Why didnt he do that for Snape's killing curse? Or is this just fanon. Anyway, Dumbledore is dead but I bet he knew he was going to die by Snape's hand. You can see it all unfolding before us now. Snape helping Harry kill teh Dark Lord. Pfft.

I want Harry to die but it wont happen. I just dont think she is brave enough to do it.

8. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

I was hoping for an ending like the darren shan series, but maybe that was just wishfull thinking

9. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

it would be cool for the series to end like that, i just don't think its gonna happen

10. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

The Darren Shan saga rocked eh?

11. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

never read it

12. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I dunno, I wouldn't mind Harry dying at the end... Though I don't think JKR will do it. It would kind of screw up her happily ever plot-line, and Harry hasn't exactly had the type of rise/time gap that would allow a Beowulf-esque fall to death to take place.

Personally I think that JKR is trying to figure out what the hell she is going to do... I predict that we will see a 7th book that looks like a plaigarized fanfic.

13. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Well its a good ending, he has the choice of killing the enemy leader and becoming Lord of the Shadows and end up destroying everything or watch his entire clan be destroyed by the Lord of the Vampaneaze and then himself killed, so in the final battle he stabs the lord in the heart, the evil predictor guy cheers cause he was hoping the world would end but then he lets himself get stabbed by the lords knife just before the lord dies, i wish JK was dark enough to let something like that happen

14. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If he were to die, it'd be in a big heroic bit about him taking Voldemort with him as he goes down.

I mean come the hell on, she powered him up in Azkaban, but since that patronus, he's gotten weaker and weaker. No way he stands a chance no matter what she does, unless she makes book 7 time lapse a few years or something.

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That could happen.

I'd like to see him go out with a bang taking Voldemort with him. It my be a cliche thing but thats really Harry's only hope if it doesnt span over a few years.

16. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I pretty much see book 7 like this:

Harry goes around and destroys all but one horcrux
    Find out he Is one of them
    Destroys himself and Volde in a big showdown whil giving ginny his love

God I hate J.K.. I really, truly, deeply hate her.

17. DaytonDeusBlack

DaytonDeusBlack Seventh Year

ugh....I don't think I'll buy the 7th book. I'll wait for it to come on the net and download it.

18. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I'll stick to fanfiction after HBP...

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Fanfiction is really starting to piss me off. It feels like I've read every decent story out there already and there are none left. I've taken to reading some anime stories just for the heck of it. If I dont find some decent stories soon I'm going to attempt the impossible and try navigate my way through FanFictionAlley, something I really dont feel like doing but will do to get something decent to read.

20. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

A-Fucking-Men