1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What's in a name? by muishiki - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Rin, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

Title: What's in a name?
    Author: muishiki
    Rating: M
    Genre: Drama/Romance
    DLP Category: The Alternate's
    Pairing: None So Far (NO SLASH!)
    Summary: AU Harry Potter & Ranma 12 cross over. Harry Potter and Ranma meet later in life. Both bear scars from their own battles, but who suffers more? Is it the person that has to let go, or the one who has to start over?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2882453/1/Whats_in_a_name

Whilst I understand that most DLPers tend to dislike HP/Anime crossovers, I conject that enough of you may derive enjoyment from this story. Later chapters feature some interesting theories about magic and ki, and their relationship to one another (the story treats them as seperate forces). The story is not DH compliant, as it features characters who died in DH.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Alright, before I get anywhere close to that link, I get the impression that it's a competition of who angsts more between Harry and Ranmna. "Both bear scars from their own battles, but who suffers more?" does not bode well.

3. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Yeah. We have Harry, who had a kid with Ginny, but she died and he throws himself into his work and almost forgets about his daughter. And we have Ranma, who, as usual is locked up in his cursed form. So it is almost SLASH, with Harry finding Ranma attractive.

4. Rin

There's no slash. Ranma cures Harry of any notions of a relationship quite vehimently. I'll edit the original post to mention that.

5. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

So, this will likely be slash. My stance on slash fics is the same as it is on any other Romance fic-- as in, the only romance I like in stories is in actual novels written by truly amazing writers (Gone With the Wind and Pride and Prejudice are examples of romantic stories I enjoy). I also dislike smut (or Erotica) most of the time.

And though I'm not familiar with Ranma, most anime crossovers should be shot before they start. When coupled with the summary (which hints at a very angsty story), this just doesn't look like the type of story I'm interested in. Obviously, I won't rate it as I haven't read past the first chapter.

Edit: From the post above mine, I gather that Ranma's cursed form is a female form, which Harry falls in love with? Is this the entire plot of the story?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  6. Rin

Well, Harry DOES end up fancying Ranma's female form until Ranma very firmly squashes any notions of a potential romantic relationship between the two. I don't see hardly anything in the way of romance in the story, yet at least. I somehow doubt that Harry and Ranma will end up together as a couple.

7. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

I sense an eventual Harry/Ranma relationship...

Though I don't consider it Slash because Ranma is fully and functionally female.

8. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Er... I'm still wondering where they got the idea for the crossover from.

Some things, just shouldn't be done. This is one of them.

1.5/5

9. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Right... Not a story I like to read at all... I too sense the Ranma/Harry thing and... no... just no.

1/5

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007