1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Hells Eyes By Jezaray -T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by headbanger22, Sep 5, 2007.

1. headbanger22

headbanger22 Third Year

Title: Hells Eyes
    Author: Jezaray
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Suspense
    DLP Category: Alternate
    Pairing: none at the moment
    Summary: Harry trips through a portal to another world, where people have wings and the Gods are just around the corner. What he learns about himself is beyond his imagination... A.U. starting after 5th yr.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2686394/1/Hell_Eyes

I found this story a few weeks ago its set as a crossover with universe
    created by the author. it was started back in 2005 and when i found it
    hadn't been updated for a wile but the author has started updating again.
    A very good story well worth reading
    5/5

2. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I couldn't really read that far into it, it didn't keep my interest at all. It was just lacking the "fun" category, it didn't seem to have any really big excitement, nor a big plot, and Harry's a friggen emo pussy. He lets his emotions control him too much, in all honesty. He gets sad over semi-small things...anyway...a simple 3/5 for me, its an "average" story to me.

3. malaga

malaga Auror

When the title is grammatically wrong... I fear for the story.

Luckily though, headbanger simply typed it wrong here. The story was boring, Harry was a rebellious little snot.

'Don't take off the amulet!' He pulls it off.

'Really, don't take it off now we've put it back!' He takes it off.

The only points in his favour is that at least he's killing things, and he's pretty defiant towards the queen and such.. On the other hand, he's apparently incapable of using the word 'wings' and constantly calls them 'flappers', the constant flashbacks of everyone and their uncles are getting annonying, and Harry always seems to be put next to someone who will cooincidentally tell him everything he needs to know.

3/5 because it is enjoyable enough for half an hour, but only trash-bin worthy.

4. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I actually enjoyed this story, but I don't think it's DLP material.

3/5

5. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

3/5. It's...ok I guess. I can't really say there's much wrong per se... I just don't think it has anything good about it. I'd give it a 2, but I can't bring myself to say it's worse than average.

Trash bin.

6. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

This is probably one of the saddest starts to a fic that I have ever read. It is so predictable and lousy it makes me want to doze off with boredom.

Firstly what the hell is up with Harry's attitude, he is turning Emo before the story even begins.

Of course, Dumbledore is still a fucking evil bastard, and of course Harry can't trust the wizard who has tried to keep him alive to begin with.

Lilly/James or some other family members on the Potter's side is going to be alive through the portal, I mean what the hell?

A portal to another world as been opened and from the speech with Dumbledore you can assume it has been done before. However my question is, why doesn't Voldemort, or one of the Dark Lords in the past create one?

Why didn't they just form an alliance with these 'gods' that exist there and wipe humanity out?

I'm sure the author has answered some of these questions later on, if you can manage to make it past these problems to get there. But I for one will definitely not be continuing this.

The cliché’s and other similarities between it and other types of fics like it are just too much to handle.

2/5 the author does have some semblance of a good writing style.

-Void

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  7. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Dude, what's up with the fucking smilies?

8. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Sorry 'bout them, I should have the problem fixed now, it isn't going to happen again I hope.

9. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

You wrote "Lilly".

10. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Bad news. The soul-bound has been introduced, and Harry's on the receiving end of it.

11. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

strange fic.
    Some good things, some bad things, many confusing things.

In the end i'd say 3/5 unless you REALLY like confusing crossovers.

Ps: Does anyone know what this is actually crossed with? i've read a hell of a lot of fantasy but this i've never heard about.

12. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

It's original. I believe the author stated it multiple times in his/her author's notes.

13. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

ah, i skip those by default the first time an author starts thanking people for reviews :/

14. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

It is amazing story

and before anyone flame me for necro posting hear me out.
    I was about to post this story but when I looked to library list. I found this thread and imagine my suprise to finding it in The Recycling Bin. This story is good.

There are clichês but they have good reasons.

Spoiler alert
    Like soul bond at first I tought it was pretty lame but while story goes it becomes clear why it was there. In the story we see a lot of gods and Godness of Love give it to Harry as a gift.We see it later in the story.And Godnes of Love some one we know.

Someone said why didn't Voldemort tries to ally himself with other beings in the story.
    Like any god would take Voldemort serious. But you are right he can do and does

Harry is a little bitches about his life but in the later storie he becomes better.

He becomes a god.whoaaa

End of the spoiler alert

There shoul be reconsideration
    about it's rating. Storie becomes better and better as it goes.
    It is a super Harry story witout overpowering him.Until the end thats it. :cool: In the and he becomes very very very powerful.

@darklordmike:thanks

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  15. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Those different colored lines are hard on the eyes, tasoli.

If you want to put something in spoiler tags, just do this: [spoiler*]text[/spoiler*] (except omit the asterisks).