1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Any good Hp/LotR crossovers?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by MysterioX, Dec 29, 2005.

1. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

if you have read a good HP/LotR crossover thats not a Harry/slash or Ginny or Hermi please post the link to it.
    -Thanx

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*watches thread like some... erm.. large bird... *

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I remember one that was pretty decent, but I have to find it. It was about Harry who on his birthday is taken to Middle Earth by some sort of vortex, and he lives with the elves...staying there for 2000 years as he doesn't age there. He returns with his elven wife, and he goes back to Hogwarts as a teacher I believe, then during a fight with Voldie, he and several of the Order are transported back to Middle Earth after his wife is sort-of-slain (they aren't sure), because he tried to use earth magic or something similar on Voldie, but the Earth's natural magic had been suppressed and he used all his strength forcing it back down or it would have destroyed Hogsmeade. I can't remember too much more, but I also remember Voldie and his gang were transported too, and they're were playing subordinate to Sauron.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Ah, yes, I remember that one. It started out good, but after his wife died I just lost interest, because I was scared he would get all whiny and depressed.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Never attempted to read one of these cross overs before... for some reason I didnt think they would be that good. Hrmm, I might be wrong.

7. Lord Ravenclaw

I think his wife wasn't going to stay dead...something about her being from Middle Earth. Would you happen to have a link for that one?

8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Ditto that... sounds pretty interesting... even if i dun dig crossovers all that much..

9. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

10. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

yep thats the one and it was the best out of the 2 hp/lotr crossovers I have ever read. too bad no updates but try it out its worth the read

11. Lord Ravenclaw

The one srispg posted is pretty good too...The Black Wizard. Also, thanks Lutris for the link, I was looking for that story for a while.

12. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

These are a rare commodity. I’ve been searching high and low for a good crossover and I have yet to encounter better then the ones mentioned here. Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot out there, but most of them are either a slaughter of the one or both series of books, slash, or have awful plots. Some are a transcript of the movies with Harry getting his ass whooped, while others are so idiotic that it makes my brain bleed.

Alas, the major fall of the good HP/LOTRs crossover stories is that they are now unfinished, especially after the Return of the King was released and the craze in that fandom lessened.

At the moment I know of four fics that are being currently written. One was extremely good, but I had to drop because the author introduced Legolas in a chapter and suddenly declared that it would be slash. The others are just such a horrible violation of the books that I couldn’t stand them.

However, if you find any good ones, please let me know. I’m almost to the point of starting to write one myself.

13. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    oh, do that, do that! :) Just might be the kind of project for you, though that would slow your other story dramatically I would assume.

14. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Not too much, since I already have a lot of the plot in mind. What I’m afraid of is that for it to be any good I will have to extend my word count per chapter significantly, since a crossover with LOTR can’t be lacking in details.

If I do set to work on this it would be more on the side until Emissary is finished, and to tell you the truth I already have close to 10000 words written down for the first chapter. I just don’t want to publish it quite yet, I still hold out hope that there might be some other good crossover out there.

And yes, this kind of fic would be just up my alley, I think.

15. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

there was a fairly promising ron-centric one ages ago by water mage I think. but it hasn't been updated for years so it might not be worth bothering

(All you ron haters.. give it a try anyway, not the ron you know and hate)

16. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

That’s exactly my point; all the good crossovers are either unfinished or abandoned.

And that fic you mentioned is called Passing Twilight, it has Ron as the center of the story and its supposed to be on Hiatus, but after not being updated since the start of 2004, I would say abandoned is more likely.

I really haven’t bothered to read it, since I only read WIP’s that are actually being updated.

17. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

Lotr crossovers are good i only read few, usually never find many but therer was one i read with Harry having his mom and dad as Aragon and the other girl but i dont remember the name. It was alright think it was abandoned though.

18. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ~winces then sits back to watch the show begin~ You know, you really aren't supposed to bump like that.

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Coincidently, The Black Wizard got updated today.

20. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Especially, with such a useless post. What an idiotic thing to do.

*pulls out bag of popcorn*