1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for a Star Wars crossover

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Andro, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I'm not certain if I'll be writing this one anytime soon, if at all, but a plot bunny sprung into existence for a Star Wars crossover.

It's not a crossover in the sense that Harry goes abroad in the galaxy, but a certain assassin droid designated HK47, owned by Darth Revan, (knights of the old republic) finds its way to Earth, guarding a Holocrox constructed by Revan.

I think it would work best if it was a post-OoTP story. Harry encounters it, and disables it with a burst of accidental magic. The droid reactivates, and as it is sentient and due to the technology of an extremely advanced society, it adapts itself so that magic no longer interferes with its mechanics.

Harry and HK strike up a friendship, and guided by HK's extroardinarily broad expertise, Harry reverse-engineers the relationship between technology and magic, so instead of magic disrupting technology, technology disrupts magic. Hk thus upgrades into being able to disperse magical energy at will. In battle, it effectively nullifies spell shots at it.

Using the holocron, Harry explores his abilities with the Force. No lightsabers, but he can use the same effect with his wand, conjuring objects and propelling them into incoming objects, Force Lightning, Force Choke, etc.

The time could be set 4000 after Revan disappeared, to keep the possibility for an actual crossover to take place in time for the events of the Clone Wars. In fact, I thought it could be very good premise if Harry eventually found himself in the middle of the war, effectively a Sith Lord sans the lightsaber, and prosecuted by the Jedi, turns to the Sith before learning their nature.

Is anyone willing to help flesh out this idea?

2. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

It's only a matter of time until Wolverine gets involved in all of this.

3. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Not bad, but right now it has too many holes to fill. Needs a more solid outline and a believable way to cross both universes over. And one more thing, Why would Harry want force powers having magic?

I's a nice bunny, but as much as I love HK-47, I still can't see this working...

4. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

As bad as this turns out, it can't be any worse than what Darth Bane did with one of Revan's holocrons.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How can you say that? Darth Bane was amazing! He learned from the holocron and form his own experiences and he turned the Sith into what they were meant to be, the OPPOSITES of the Jedi, not a PERVERSION of the Jedi like the Dark Brotherhood was.

6. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Darth Bane crippled the Sith. No more than two Sith means that the Sith spend all of their time fighting each other for the mantle of Sith Lord, and on the off-chance that two of them win out against all others, they get gang-raped by the entire Jedi order.

The Sith are a perversion of the Jedi, just like the Jedi are a perversion of the Sith. Two sides of the same coin, and all that.

7. Greengun

Greengun First Year

Honestly I'm not wild about this idea.

Its easier to say HK-47 is shielded against the EMP effect that large amounts of magic is suppose to have. This is also easier to believe than HK actually managing to update himself while on a back water world with none of the tech he would need to do it. No HK owns all magic users.

I can't see Hk being friendly, I can see him threatening Harry for information, I can also see HK not speaking English since it didn't exist 4000+ years ago and HK-47 is from another galaxy. That said Harry will not understand the Holocrom without Hk-47 translating for him. Question: What use does Harry have for most force powers? Answer: None. The only powers Harry would actually benefit from are Force Speed, telepathy, Battle Meditation, and the neat little I see half a second into the future so I know what to do power, Force users have. Everything else can be duplicated with canon spells and potions. I can easily see Force Speed and telepathy being duplicated by spells
    so that leaves two abilities that Harry would actually benefit from.

8. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

You can make anything feasible in fiction by enough backstory.

Just saying magic beats force thus force is useless limits your imagination. If x beats y then simply modify either x or y into something else. And if you wish to keep the powers of both universes real then change the thing that they effect. Harry.
    Make Harry some sort of a magical freak who doesn't have access to the normal repertoire. And if you're going to be using both verses frequently you'd have to balance them out. But if your Harry doesn't go back to Earth after the initial chapters then go ahead and do whatever you want.