1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Theory about Ollivander

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Master Slytherin, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

...I think he knows about the Horcruxes.

"For He-Who-Must-Be-Named did great things" or something along those lines in PS

Those "great things" are the Horcruxes. He pushed magic and did something great by splitting his Horcrux 7 times.

Any thoughts?

2. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I thought it was his overall advancements in the feild of be immortal and not just the Horcrux because i saw them as a temp delay of death.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

So, you think that the wand maker is either looking for the Horcruxes on his own? Or that Voldemort took him out because he knew of them? It's possible but unlikely. Even if he isnt doing anything but hidding I'm sure that he knew nothing of them.

Surely he would have went to Dumbledore with this information earlier and since Dumbledore didn't tell Harry then it probably didn't happen. It's not exactly something you keep to your self if it can save millions of lives. But still, like I said, it's possible I guess.

Him vanishing in HBP is probably important though... it's just weird how he dissapeared.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I doubt it. He's simply talking about how strong and feared Voldemort had become, to the point no other dark wizard had become, by having folks afraid of him enough to not speak his name.

Olivander vanishing is a retarded ass plot hole tossed in just like all the other deaths, it's to give an impression that "ohhh scary you should all be worried" If she wanted to make a point Hogwart's students should of been murdered over summer, instead of so and so's aunt's brothers cousin's son by marriage type crap she did.

5. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

My thought was that one of Ollivander's rivals joined Voldemort and the incentive was that Voldemort would get rid of Ollivander for him/her.

Either that or Voldemort finally got around to getting rid of one of the few adults who know who he used to be.

6. Midknight

No, if anything (and by that I mean is JKR had enough sense) his disappearance would mean that the source for new wands in the UK area had vanished.

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Except dealers in Knockturn, meaning only Purebloods would probably have the guts to get them.... oOo!... plot bunny *shoots*

8. Midknight

Possibly, but you assume there are dealers in Knockturn. No canon evidence has ever supported another spot for UK wizards. I believe in GoF Ollivander makes a remark about bad workmanship from other wand makers while he's inspecting the wands doesnt he? But other then that, you get nothing either way about other local makers.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*Makes smartass comment*

You assume I give a shit about JKR's heap plot bunnys.*Realizes this is the canon section :oops: *
    But yah, I would assume - I can't see Malfoy or any other Death-Eater to be buying their wands from the same shop as the "Muggle-lovers & mudbloods" , however they might use their parents wands while there parents train them?

'Course we also dont know how egotistical or biased Ollivander is...

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Guys we all know that Ollivander is really a horny old pervert who joined Voldemort so that he could pleasure himself without using his muggle alias of Michael Jackson.

But on a more serious note, it is entirely possible that he just decided to go into hiding in order to avoid the upcoming war.

11. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

me don't think that he's with voldie..but I don't also think that he's a coward to run...I don't know what to think but I agree with giovanni on the horny old fuck part maybe he used to fuck with dumbles... how did he get the phoenix feathers from his bird? what did he give in return?

12. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Just beat it! ROFL.(Shame on thee if you didn't get that joke.)

There is no canon evidence of another wand shop in the UK whatsoever, I say he got took out so there would be no way for mudbloods in Britain to get a wand.

13. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

We are totally of the original topic of this post but have any of you taken into consideration that he might have been kidnapped? JK writes him as a very mysterious strange old man who’s family has been making wands for thousands of years (if you assume that hes not some immortal dude who has been around for thousands of years) someone like that HAS to know some very good information...

14. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

naa.. he's out there all by himself

15. True Story

True Story Third Year

Maybe he just joined Voldermort.....I don't see any reason why he wouldn't.....or would......so it's pretty much up in the air...

16. Midknight

True, she portrayed him as a mysterious, sort of creepy guy. There's nothing to suggest he's either good, or evil.

17. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Did it say anywhere that he just didn't leave because he was smarter than the rest of wizrding Britain? I'm not sure, but that is what I'd do. Or maybe I'd buy a couple dark arts books and curse the hell out of them. :twisted: But I wouldn't want to die so I'm not sure.

18. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

I really hate to do so but I will once again quote HBP

So from what is said there is someone they can go to maybe not in Britain, but its not like suddenly no one else can get a wand at all.

Another thing we get from this is that Ollivander's being gone is a bad thing, but the Deatheaters having him is even worse for whatever reason, you kind of wonder exactly what is so good about his wands.

Lastly, "it's not so good for us", so the fact that Deatheaters might have him is kind of a good thing, WTF? "Well, at least someone is with him, I would hate to think that old man is out in the world without anyone to keep him company."

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

His wands probably focus magic better or something... meh. Less tempramental(sp) or whatever.

20. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    one theory is that he has one of the horcruxes, the thing belonging to Ravenclaw, possibly her wand.

There is also the theory that he is the order member that will be teaching Harry personally now that Dumbles is gone, and he dissapeared preparing for that eventuality.