1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

URGENT need of Advice

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Project Dark Overlord, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Project Dark Overlord

Project Dark Overlord First Year

I have just really hit a wall and don't know what to do. I have been receiving nasty PM and emails from fans of Kurinoone's "The Darkness Within", who do not know the facts nor to they learn them. And tonight this one dipshit has been tearing apart my story, and I am actually worried that he will report me. I don't know what to do, I have sent him a PM response alerting to the truth of the situation, but I don't know if he will actually check the dates. This whole situation since Kurinoone put her copycat story up. I have concerned numerous times to just delete my account just so they will leave me alone, but I'm stubborn enough not to let her win. I just really don't know what to do, and what options I have... since I'm afraid that if I report her that will only send her fanatics against me since she has a larger fanbase... of very rapid fans... and her story has been translated into five different languages.

So any advice is welcomed.

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Whats the story? Has someone plagerised your work or something?

3. Project Dark Overlord

My story is "A Shattered Prophecy" and it was plagiarized a long time ago by Kurinoone with her story "A Darkness Within", who I foolishly allowed to continue. She even stole an original character only changing his name from Dorian to Damien. She lifted dialog and scenes, and action. Didn't even ask permission until after Chapter Four, and I allowed her to continue if she went on her own original path and gave me credit. She has failed somewhat in these cases. Her story continued to mimic the turns my story made, and she didn't admit that Damien came from my Dorian, nor did she mention that dialog was taken directly from my story. Nor did she ever post a link, add my story to her favorite list, and she also removed my penname from her favorite author's list. She also did not ask my permission before her story was translated into five different languages. She also "borrowed from other authors." She also allows her fans to believe that it was completely her idea even though she posts note that says her story was "inspired by mine". She also stands by the thought that what she did was not plagiarism, stating that we are all coping Rowling as fanfic authors. Personally, I think that case makes her situation look even worse.
    I had gotten over my anger when it came to her, and was just going to ignore her. Only now I am being attacked to the point that my hands shake and my heart races.

4. Erotic Adventures of S

Get her story banned.

Get a bunch of people here to report her show the original post dates and she will get deleted.

We have done it before. After like 10 people here post complaints with the dates involved she is fucked.

Give us some links if you want us to.

5. Project Dark Overlord

Yeah, but then the rabid fans will descend upon me, spamming up my reviews and PM like they have been. And with my luck, they will probably report mine for no reason, but I'm seriously believe it is only a matter of time before it happens anyways.

If you wish to scope out the situation: Here is my Profile. And here is her's. The stories in question are "A Shattered Prophecy" and "A Darkness Within". You will be struck by the similarities very early on. And even later on there are a lot of similarities in regards to Harry's escape from Hogwarts. Unfortunately, she has also started a sequel... which is a lot of Ginny x Harry and as far as I know... I refuse to even read it is different from mine.

6. Erotic Adventures of S

But you have publishing dates on your side and DLP can spam report her.

It your call but I'm pretty sure we got someones story deleted when they plagerised Yarrgh awhile back.

7. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Isn't this one of DLP's biggest no, no's? It is up to the OP, but if someone wants to write out a form letter. I will be happy to pass it send it along to the Nazi's at ff.net.

8. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

TEAoS- There was something about two or three months ago, when Bio's story got plagiarized... I think there were userbars involved.

OP- I'll report it when I get the chance to skim the first chapters of both. As for the harassing fans, FF.Net's ToS (heh) specifically prohibit harassing other members, so send an email to FF.Net's support services letting them know. It might not do much good, but at least it's something.

Also, if you go to your User CP on FF.Net and click on Filters, there's a tab to Filter/Block users. It blocks the user you ban from PMing you and leaving Reviews for your story.

Edit: Blocking someone also prevents them from reporting you, if I remember correctly.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  9. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Notice the userbar below. It can be done and it will be done.

10. malaga

malaga Auror

Reported, with some quotes showing how similar the stories really are.

11. Erotic Adventures of S

I cant be bothered getting the quotes but if someone supplies some examples and dates i will report to.

12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Reported.

DLP crusade!

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Reported. Let the bitch burn.

14. Erotic Adventures of S

Yeah sent report off with some quotes and the dates... the bitch will burn.

15. Project Dark Overlord

Thanks guys.

And thanks for telling me about the block feature as I didn't realize it did all that. So I should be able to to get rid of the worst offenders. And hopefully, it does prevent them from reporting... as some of them are just ridiculous and refuse to get it.

16. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

Post some quotes and stuff here, and I will report.

Too lazy to search for proof myself, but am willing to help you push the banhammer ever closer to that bitch, if you will tell me which are roughly the chapters which she heavily plagiarised from.

17. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Ah, I remember this now. I read it some time ago, last year I think, and despite having all the things some DLPers hate the most, sappy moments, corny dialogues, emo!Harry, Nice!Malfoy and Harry/Ginny, I didn't find it too bad. Hell, I found it good even. Then, after reading it I found out about your story and it kind of pissed me off, not to mention the sequel is a piece of shit.

The thing is, I would gladly get her banned, but if you, in fact, did give her permission to continue it will be very hard to do so, not to mention that both your stories are polar opposites now plus completely different sequels.

Even so, report sent.

P.D: If you really want revenge, you could post here some nicknames of your hatemailers. Then, we could let the hunt begin...

18. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

She gave Kurinoone permission to use the stuff that had already been plagiarised when the latter sought approval, but on the condition that the latter's fic must continue on an original path. But Kurinoone continued to plagiarise her work thereafter.

Once again, can someone tell me which chapters are the ones that are the most heavily plagiarised? I wish to send a report too.

19. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Well, almost all the first half of the story is a blatant copy of 'A Shattered Prophecy', but the heaviest set of plagiarism is in the first four chapters; literally ripped off from Overlord's fic.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  20. Project Dark Overlord

Yeah, I now I came at this a little too late, but many things built up to make me suddenly have a change of heart. First Off, I discovered shortly after I introduced a little boy character (named Jonas), she suddenly did as well (who later turned out to be Neville's little brother... How OLD were his parents!!! Seriously, with that in mind it seems he would be older, but no... same age as Jonas)... which pissed me off. My friend on FF caught and mentioned it in a review... which in turn got my friend a meeting with aliceandjaspar (who is translating her story into German)... and as I'm told later, it was an interesting conversation... I should ask if Dante kept them. As soon as Harry escaped Hogwarts, hers soon followed. Then she was being cute in this one scene taking it from my around the middle of the story: when Harry is asked if he knows how to fly... mine didn't as V didn't want the risk and saw it as unimportant; when hers was asked the very same question, he's like of course. Sigh... it is further proof she did not follow her part of the bargain.... she didn't even take the time, most of the time, to properly spell the title of my story so her readers could find it.

And then just briefly looking at the sequel, I noticed she suddenly had a copycat killer, who is pretending to be The Dark Prince. In my first story, I had Cree, who was copying Harry's moves. And now in my sequel finding that assassin is apart of the plot, and I did post my sequel long before she did (even though I haven't been able to update regularly), because I foresaw the problem.