1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Specific C2s

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by DreamRed, Nov 9, 2007.

1. DreamRed

DreamRed Seventh Year

Hopefully I'm not just being thick about this, but so far I haven't been able to figure it out. FF.net C2s are potentially a pretty useful way of finding fics because the archives are selective, but there doesn't seem to be a way of searching for any specific ones. It's not as if you can just type 'Harry/Pansy' into the search function and come up with a C2 that archives them. There isn't even a way to see what C2s have archived whichever fic you're currently reading so you can find more that follow a similar vein.

Have I missed something crucial, or is it just FF.net ballsing up again so you can only stumble across a good one by complete chance? How do you browse them?

2. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

C2s are basically good if there's only a handful of fics; let's say a C2 made only for Harry/Pansy quality fics. Large C2s are just a PITA to browse. They could have at least given the standart filtering options you use when you browse categories...

3. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

While C2s can be browsed, they are severely limited. The bigger purpose they serve though is for you to subscribe to them, like say a "Harry/Pansy" oriented one. Then, when a new Harry/Pansy story is added to the C2, you get an email telling you of a new story fitting C2 XXX's parameters. It's dependent on the C2's staff though to add fics.

You can also use google to search fanfiction.net for a C2. (For example I searched "HarryPansy site:fanfiction.net/community" and 5 C2s were returned, none specifically oriented HarryPansy, but all with those sorts of fics.)

I know there's a few C2's I keep my eye and will often just click on them and sort by "Add Date" just to see what new fics have been added to them.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Like IP82's.

Personally, I use my own c2 like an extension of the Favourites tab to keep track of fics that aren't really good enough to count as "Favourites" but I still want to read the updates of.

5. DreamRed

DreamRed Seventh Year

IP82's C2 is one of the ones I usually browse for new fics, but it's quite general. I'll do like Nonjon said though, and try via Google. Thanks for the help.

6. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score: