1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Help with crossover

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Merkava3, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Merkava3

Merkava3 Squib

I have been planning to make a Stargate SG1/Harry Potter crossover with a pairing of Harry/Adria/?. I have many ideas, but would like to hear what you all think about it. Also, I have no bloody idea who to put in the ? spot, Fleur, Gabrielle, or an OFC. Could anyone give me any help? PLEASE!!

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Try telling us what it's about first. All I know so far is that you want hot naked avatars of the Ori to get it on with Harry, with a bit of Veela on the side...

Aekiel

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I tried to get Shez to continue his SG1 crossover with Harry/Adria but he was a jew. I'd read it if you kept it as simply H/A but if you add another person they'd either have to be killed by Adria or you'd lose all the interest I could possibly have. :p

4. Merkava3

Merkava3 Squib

Well, I was planning on having either a Supergate or a Stargate sort of...mess up somehow and transport Adria to Harry's fourth year. One the problems I am having is how am I going to get Adria to not kill everybody, I want to keep them in character as much as possible. But that may be hard to do.

Should Adria off Voldie by setting him on fire, crush him in public, or just hold him down and let Harry put the fear of God into him, before he kills him of course.

5. Jon

With that information I can assuredly say I wouldn't read it.

6. Merkava3

Merkava3 Squib

what would you suggest, I have to kept readers attracted to it.

7. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

Well, I don't watch Stargate, but I'll assume you're characterizing this Adria as a typical evilpsycho!sue, so I'll advise you based on that.

You're planning on having Adriasue off Voldemort. That's a big nono right there, because it means that you are a. not planning to have much of a plot beyond Harry being Adriasue's lovebitch and b. are not planning to have Harry do anything to fight Voldemort.

Most plots not centering on Harry are uninteresting and stupid.

Since Voldemort is gone, the story immediately loses anything interesting it might have had.

Any crossovers with a freakishly strong woman that do what you're planning to do (be it Illyria from Angel or fucking Wonder Woman) either drift off to the horrible oh-the-two-worlds-are-mashed-together-and-one-is-superior-to-the-other-and-wackiness -enuses or to evilpsycho!Sue being the dominatrix in a Harry/Harem, which is also bad.

I'm also going to go ahead and assume that Adria in your idea is out of character.

My advise- come up with an actual plot, with the war against Voldemort, with Harry as the central character and taking the most significant role in the fight against Voldemort. Have the magics/powers of HPverse and Stargateverse be somewhat on par, and don't focus on Romance- actually, have it as a minor, not integral, part of the plot.

Maybe even have this Adria chick be on Voldemort's side, though I'm not sure how in-character that is.

Also, try to keep the number of characters/concepts you bring over from Stargate minimal, and have all of them as canonlike as possible.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Could have Adria convert Harry to the Book of Origin at his weakest point. Say Hermione, or the red head bint gets offed in a particularly gruesome manner and Harry is feeling just a tad unhappy :p. He yells out to the heavens "WHY GOD? Why do you do this to me?! Why do you take my loved ones away from me? If you're out there! Give me a sign! Show me that I can end this!" And then Adria appears in a crack of light :D.

Dramatic enough for a prologue and gives you a good set up for Harry worshipping her like the Goddess she is :D. It also gives you a plot point for when the SGC eventually finds out she's on Earth, cause they're gonna want to kill her, and Harry won't like that >XD.

Aekiel

9. Jon

Prior!Harry > Voldemort.

10. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

I still think that voldemort would pwn prior!harry.

11. Jon

Prior!Harry has Force choke.

12. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I dunno. Would a Prior that finds itself suddenly on Earth have any power? I mean, they might have a bit saved up, but they'd need to work up some belief quick-smart or they'd run out of mojo.

...cultleader!Harry?

Edit: on further thought, would Harry be able to convert all that Boy-Who-Lived belief into Prior fuel?

13. Jon

Prior's powers don't rely on faith, they're genetically enhanced humans. The Ori are the one who use faith to increase their power. Basically Adria would alter Harry's body and he'd be able to pwn large scale as soon as he understood his powers.

14. Merkava3

Merkava3 Squib

That is not a bad idea actually. That would get harry closer to Adria and would enable him lay an ass-kicking on Voldie a lot easier. His weakest point would be at the end of Ootp.

I am just going to make it a Harry/Adria. It should be a little easier to write that way.

15. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

Harry/Adria?

Could work, or could be horrible. Good luck!

That said, now that I'm back from vacation I 'spose it's time to get back to work on my fics. ;)

16. Merkava3

Merkava3 Squib

I will start this weekend on it. Would anybody care to be the beta for this story.

17. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Just post it in WBA. Group beta: almost as much fun as mob justice, but easier on the carpeting.

18. Jon

...dotdotdot. I had assumed your idea was based on Adria converting Harry. -_- What was your original idea? Mary sue shows up and drama ensues?

19. Merkava3

Merkava3 Squib

Adria shows up and everything goes to hell for Dumbles, Voldie, and the Minister. Good, old fashioned chaos.

That was the main original idea.

20. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Kender's back! YAY... That is all.