1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Crouching Lion, Hidden Serpent by Lutris Argutiae - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Lutris, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Title: Crouching Lion, Hidden Serpent
    Author: Lutris Argutiae
    Genre: Adventure
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 31,179
    Updated: August 13, 2006
    Published: December 31, 2005

Summary: Harry Potter has defeated the Dark Lord for the first time. But his parents are dead, and Sirius Black is inprisoned, Lupin is a werewolf, and Pettigrew is dead. AU 4th year and onwards. A Crouch Sr. adopts Harry story.
    Link: I Finally Got Off My Ass And Posted

Right, nothing really, new, but as of 1/4/06, nothing you can't see on the forum in Work by Author except the edited works and an extension on the chapters. Enjoy.[/url]

Checked by Minion, Nov. 26, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
  2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was following this on the forums, and to be blunt it is bloody good.

Definately worth a read.

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Excellent fic. I HIGHLY recommend it. :D

4. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

Love it.So far it seems very original, and a lot of the newer fanfics don't have a lot (or in some case none) of that.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter so update soon.

5. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

The guy's other story is also VERY good. It REALLY picks up in CHapter 3, so READ IT!!!

NOW!!!

I mean. Stop reading this immediately. Stop. Don't read this sentence. You should have NO idea what I've written here. Well, what are you waiting for? Just go. Beat it. Fine, be that way. :D

6. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Does anybody know what ChuckDaTruck said at the end of his post? I sure don't, I was too busy re-reading Lutris' other fic. On another note... does ChuckDaTruck not remind you of something from a kiddies program?

I think I put my thoughts somewhere else about this, I can't remember though. You do first person tense very well, among the best I have seen it done actually. I also like the characterisation of Barty, it will be interesting to see how he deals with the whole Jr issue. It's well written like your other fic and looks like it's going to get better.

It's also very original (from what we've seen so far and most likely will continue to be) and something that looks like it's going to be great in the future. I'll be watching it and recommending it.

7. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

Ships?

8. Lutris

nothing so far... unless you count crouch and his wife... but harry'll have a minor crush on someone during his travels... possibly a ravenclaw or slytherin when he gets to hogwarts.

9. SlytherinDamian

Well, here's rooting for a Slytherin. And I can't believe I forgot to say this in the other post, but great start. I'm looking forward to more.

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Good show Lutris. =)

And *points and gasps* look! It's SlytherinDamian back from the dead (or wherever non-posting DLPer's go when not posting for long periods of time.)

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Heh. I wondered where he got too. Ravenclaw is teh girl type for Harry! Rofl.

12. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Its a terrible place that is always cold with no light. :shivers:

I pray none of you ever go there. At night it gets lonely and freezing there. So cold...so cold....so cold...

13. SlytherinDamian

I got tired of disagreeing with people for awhile. Plus I dumped my broadband for a good long time, so I'm still stuck on dial-up through my Dreamcast. :cry:

14. Lutris

Updated folks.

Hope you like it.

15. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

BRILLIANT!! I wasn't sure how Barty Jr. would come into play, but you incorporated him in brilliantly. How's Dumbledore going to react? Why isn't he FIGHTING to get Harry?

Lastly, JK says that Veritaserum is DEPENDENT on the element of surprise in its use. She said that a person can take an antidote before hand, block its effects with Occlumency, transfigure it into something else before it enters their throat, or magically constrict their larynx (voice-box) to say different words.

She said that they used it on Barty as he had just been stunned by dumbledore.

Just FYI. Anyway, UPDATE SOON!!! :D :D :D

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Good chapter. I see you hurried along with the oppening part, which could be both good and bad. I see how it's lacking more confrontation between Barty & Dumbledore, as well Dumbledore's attempt to dispute the guardianship. On the other hand, this SHOULD be Harry-centric story, so speading things up a bit could be a logical thing to do.

Whatever it is, I'm eager to see how you manage Harry / Junior interaction as well Crouch travels around the world. Keep it up...

17. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Excellent start very original. Can't wait to see how you write the barty jr./Harry interaction. Nice it will be if they grow close like brothers.
    Are you palnning on having sirius escape in 3rd yr?

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

How's Barty Jr. gonna feel about Harry? I mean Harry brought about the Fall of the Dark Lord!! Barty is probably going to be pretty resentful of him, and while unable to hurt him, will probably be much like Snape (I imagine).

Maybe Barty Jr. will try to get back at his father by slowly corrupting Harry (or trying to?) but Sr. is already training him, so I don't know.

Or maybe not. WHatever you decide KEEP WRITING you are now one of my favorite AUTHORS, so...um... UPDATE SOON! :D :D

19. SlytherinDamian

I like that idea. Jr gets jealous because Harry is taking center stage, and decides to get revenge by giving him lessons of his own and turning Harry slowly away from Sr's view. If only...

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That'd be good. Jnr teaching him the Dark Arts... but he's under the Imperius most of time isnt he? Meh.