1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Check out this plot bunny...

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Thorn, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Thorn

Thorn Professor

I just had a plot bunny hop on my shoulder...

After Dumbledore dies Harry turns cold...Realization sets in that winning the war just got a lot harder. Having enough of Voldemort and the general wizarding world, Harry snaps. He goes on a conquest for power, all the while still showing those who know him that he's happy and optimistic yet determined. Then, as Harrys reading a book on rituals he comes upon a ritual to bond others magical power to his own.

Under the pretense of having the others temporarily adding their power to his own, Harry bonds the power of the Gryffindors, the Weasley's and the Order of the Phoneix's power to his own. Eventually Harry defeats Voldemort and disappears with the Wiazards and Witches power..Everyone beleives him dead...Untill around 10 years later, where whispers of a new Dark Lord arise.

Note that those who power he takes won't be left COMPLETLY helpless. I expect others like Moody wouldn't be willing to give up their full magical power, even if they expected to be temporary. But the Gryffindors? You know they would. Will probably be Honks.

tell me what you think.

2. DarkPhoenix2500

DarkPhoenix2500 Second Year

IT seems interesting...though it does remind me of one NC-17 story i read o_O i forget the name, harry goes around screwing females while bonding their power to his or something like it @_@

3. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

You're thinking of BigD's Harry Potter and the News. (A fic title that still cracks me up... it's about "The Power of Love" a song by Huey Lewis and the News) That's where he snags himself bonded sex slave types.

As for the bunny, seems fine. You should write it.

But is the Dark Lord 10 years later, Harry causing problems? Or this new Dark Lord is the reason Harry has to come back? And does Harry "snap" all secretly evil like? Or is it HONKS with the tonky-loving? Or both? Cause those don't seem too... easily reconciliable.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Basic idea of Harry stealing power seems streched at best. If that was possible, Voldemort and other dark wizards / slytherins / someone would have done it ages ago.

Even if you do that, the problem is, what after? Why would Harry dissapear? Wasn't his intention to take over the power/world/england? And if he returns, what kind of world would he meet? There wouldn't be single HP character left. You'd have to write everything from scratch... Just don't seem very good or interesting.

The only at least a little bit interesting plot would be Harry's relation with the people he'd drained of magic. Say, 10 years later, he's the tzar of England and the most powerful wizard of all times. But someone start killing off his advisors/allies and tries to kill him using Muggle methods. Who could it be? (of course, those are people he had drained seeking revenge).

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Why would everyone be dead in 10 years... o_O

6. Thorn

Thorn Professor

Why would everyone be dead in 10 years? ;o.o

About the power stealing thing...perhaps the participants had to be acutally willing.

Like perhaps Voldemort could've tried, and others went along with it but werent truthfully willing to relinquish that power...

Oh and the Dark Lord would be Harry. And it wouldn't be all mushy Tonks. It'd be sort of a darker Tonks. Remember how she acted in HBP? I think it might make her a bit more aimable to a dark Harry.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

They wouldn't all be dead, but they would be sqibs, Harry would be unrecognizable, Albus was already dead, same as Voldemort and bunch of his death eaters... Not many original characters left...