1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Voldemort in Albania

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Hahukum Konn, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Hahukum Konn

Hahukum Konn Fourth Year

I'm not sure if any fanfiction stories have ever taken this up in detail, but some interesting things strike me:

1. What was the magical community like in Albania, when the Muggle leader, Enver Hoxha, was a paranoid Stalinist that had basically turned the country into an armed camp?

2. What would the magical and Muggle authorities have thought when coming across mysteriously dead animals in higher than normal concentration, along with perhaps the occasional dead inquisitive human being? (I'm sure even Voldemort couldn't always ensure against meeting an incautious hiker or the like)

3. Would he have scouted out any dark or leaning to the dark wizards and perhaps maintained contacts after getting his body back? Being able to cause havoc in eastern Europe and/or Durmstrang would be a bonus, if only to tie up possible opposition forces (Viktor Krum, etc) and keep them from helping out in the battle of Hogwarts.

I don't know that it'd be possible to write a multichapter story about this, but certainly a one-shot might do it. I'm not making this a challenge as the idea isn't very fleshed-out, but I thought I would bring this up for your consideration.

2. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

My take:

2) Dead animals, unless they were strung up into pentagrams I sincerely doubt anybody could care less. Though Voldemort has got a bad case of evil overlordtitis it can't be that severe.

3) Would you have contacted other evil powerhungry wizards when you're forced to feed off of dead animals not even strong enough to cast spells?

3. Hahukum Konn

Hahukum Konn Fourth Year

I suppose I should rephrase #3 to say that Voldemort, if he knew of any dark wizards in Albania, even if he didn't make contact then, would he have wanted to make contacts after he got his body back?

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

By possessing their wife in bed. o_o

5. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Jon, your sig has almost made a Harry/Amanda supporter of me. :D