1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Hellgate Crossover

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by LogrusMage, Dec 1, 2007.

1. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

I'm hooked. I'm addicted to the game (just decided I'm gonna take my Blademaster past level 15, and let him be my main avatar). And the challange thread got my head rolling. I've had a plot for a Sleeping-Beauty like scenario for awhile.

Here's the scoop:

Teaser/Summery:

In the year 2047, in a small room on the bottom floor of a high security prison in an unplottable location in Siberia, beyond three silver-plated doors, six well trained and frequently rotated guards, and a great beast of inhuman power, lies the man-who-failed.

Basic Idea:

Voldermort finds the prophecy after raiding Dumbledores pensive. He realizes that Harry has become a Horcrux, and more importantly, a human horcrux. During the final battle, instead of killing Potter, he puts him into a deep, enchanted sleep, and shoves him into a heavily warder prison. By using dark rituals, he links Harry's actual soul to his, not just the small fragment of his own that binds them now. This allows Voldemort to draw on Harry's now exponentially growing power, which he believes will someday match his own, giving him double the 'magic pool' so to speak.

Flash forward 50 years. When the demons of Hell came calling in 2028, Voldemort answered in force. By selling his soul, or at least part of it, to the demons he gains near infinite power, and uses that power to dominate the demons.

The only nation left standing against Voldemorts iron fisted rule is the United Nation of North America (America-Canada-Mexico), but they only stand against, waiting for the demons to make their final push.

Most of the world is a wasteland, muggles are killed and resurrected as zombies or put to work as slaves.

However their is still hope. The Order of the Pheonix lives on through the children of various characters. And at least one man, Benjamin Longbottom, grandson of Neville Longbottom and X (Hermione/Ginny/Pansy/I don't care), Templar Guardian for the Order of the Phoenix, believes that their is still hope, and that it is lying dormant in Siberia.

I have a longer plot planned from a different fic, that didn't incorporate Hellgate but the cross over worked to well to pass up. This will not be an epicly long fic, and I don't see it being a series. It's more the kind of thing I can have planned out entirely, beginning to end unlike my other fic-in-progress where every plan and plot I make intertwines with ten others, making it a long ass process to write/plan. I have plenty of ideas for this fic, and none of them are too complicated or ground breaking. I don't want to say this will be a writing exercise, because it won't be, but I don't think it'll be a masterpiece, at least not by my own standards. I won't allow it to be sub-par though, I just don't think I'll be able to make it stellar, EPIC WIN or MINDFUCK material.

The plot will be mostly linear. I have a good idea of where I want it to go.

Now all I need is someone who knows either a lot of Hellgate lore, or plays enough to know some stuff and just wants to help me implement the cross, as well has let me bounce ideas off of them. Said person would need to be willing to be totally spoiled (though considering I'm not exactly a prolific author, I don't think that's too horrible a fate).

By Monday I'll be 100% done with my college applications, a few essays I have due, and a lot of homework. I'll then have a lot of free time I can use for this fic and to play Hellgate (of course). I hope and plan to get this fic up, running, and mostly published by New Years Day.

The fic will be canon compliant through Deathly Hollows, with a few minor alterations. As most of the characters (but not all) will be dead by the stories beginning, that's mostly moot point anyway.

No pairing. Unless someone convinces me throwing a Harry/OC pairing is totally necessary.

Unlike my other fic (which is actually going quite well, planning and writing wise, I'm just not ready to let anything be on the net yet, as I might decide to scrap a few chapters ect ect), this will not be a large-novel length fic, and the linear plot will allow me to actually finish this. I figure I'll go with tradition and make the fic five distinct "Acts" long.

So. Any takers for a perma-beta? Anyone interested in the fic?

I'm available by PM of course, but if more than one person wants to help I'm sure we can arrange an AIM chat-room or IRC channel.

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I'm afraid that my computer doesn't have the specifications to run Hellgate so I don't actually know much plot details, but I'd be more than willing to go over what you write if you ever want to run your story through another layer of beta'ing. Especially with the fight scenes. Mmm...

3. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Considering the four or five fight scenes I've written are all sniper scenes, and I plan to open this story with a sniper scene (they just work for me for some reason), I'm gonna need the battle-advice.

And if you can, get an upgrade. Hellgate is fucking AWESOME. Completely unbalanced and lots of it doesn't work as it should, but it has years to be polished into a game that could very well surpass Diablo 2 in fun and win.

4. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know im new here but I know a lot about Hellgate seeing as its one of my absolute favorite games so If you need someone to glance through it for you Id be happy too