1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Heir of Fem!Blaise?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Syn, Jan 9, 2006.

?

Heir of Fem!Blaise

1. Pansy Parkinson

97.0%
  2. Daphne Greengrass

2.5%
  3. Tracey Davis

0.5%
  4. Some other Canon Slyth!Girl that i'm forgetting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

(sorry if this has been brought up before)

so some have moved onto Daphne Greengrass...some onto Tracey Davis...some onto some twisting of Pansy Parkinson.

who do you think will feature prominently in a Harry/Slytherin non-slash fic? I know Jeconais has uh...done all but Tracey now - but i think there's one or two where Tracey Davis features prominently.

any particular reason why you would favor one over another?

somewhat jokingly, i'm surprised i haven't come across any fics where harry falls for a male!blaise transfigured permanently into a girl from an author who just can't get over their fem!blaise concept.

and on a sidenote...is anyone else getting ridiculously tired of the "ice queen" phrase?

second sidenote: how did everyone end up thinking that blaise was a girl's name? did one author think it sounded girly and wrote a fiction that everyone else ran with? has no one encountered Blaise Pascal in their math classes?

2. DaytonDeusBlack

DaytonDeusBlack Seventh Year

The ice queen phrase is just an excuse that authors for why Harry hasn't noticed Blaise earlier.

About Blaise Pascal. I wondered that too but since everyone likes Blaise as a girl, it'll stay that way with the fans.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Ice Queen annoys me as well.

Blaise... well, no one knew 'its' gender and I guess since a lot of author's wanted another female Slytherin apart from Pansy Parkinson and Tracy Davis, and Blaise can be either, they decided on female... meh.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Blaise is a gender neutral name, and since JKR never actually attached a gender defining characteristic or pro-noun to Blaise before book 6; while at the same time over-blanacing Slytherin house towards guys. . .

Only natural the some authors decided to turn 'it' into a girl.

Ice Queen = Annoyingly overused.

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I still say tranny!Blaise is the heir to fem!Blaise.

Though I think most here won't ever let go of fem!Blaise. Which is kinda cute in a loyal Dark Lord Potter sort of way.

But Jeco's Perfect Situations and all the drabbles following it have me firmly in the Daphne Greengrass camp. She's a known female Slytherin pureblood. But I don't think any of her opinions or trash-talking or supporting of the junior Death Pillow-Biters has been addressed. And she's got the same first name as the hottie in scooby-doo. I'll give no reason why I support the last name Greengrass, but there's a half dozen good reasons you could probably guess.

Tracey Davis has another gender neutral first name. Sure sure, JKR says she's a she, but I may want to stick with my tranny!Tracey too.

Pansy on the otherhand is pugfaced and been touched by Malfoy. I don't care if it's all an act, and she's secretly gorgeous underneath. She's been touched by Malfoy. That's damaged goods. No one wants that. It's also why you should never date a rape victim.

/me is going to hell for that comment.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

What about 'Moon'? Who the fuck is that? You don't even know which house 'it' went to. No gender and no house... no first name! I have only seen a few where people have bothered to give Moon a spot in their stories.

Only one story did it any good but the story it's self started getting weird around the 14 chapter mark. Plus it isnt really canon friendly. Though, I liked Moon, Jacob Moon. He was pretty powerful and wasnt human. Not a vampire or anything but some other type of being....

It was also a Harry/Daphne/OC pairing story. That helped it along.

Moon is a character you can pretty much do anything too. The only rules are to keep the last name. All set up for an OC that can be explained as being around but sticking to the shadows... dont have to bring a totally ignorant character into it.

7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I will always think of Blaise as a female, it's just too damned female sounding of a name for it to be some dude's name.

I stand by my belief that she made Blaise who and what he is, in a lame attempt to diversify the students more into different ethnic backgrounds.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I concur with MidKnights opinion.

9. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Though if they mentioned Pascal's full name (it's Blaise Pascal) in high school math classes, I'm almost sure that wouldn't be the case. :p

On that note: WOOT!!! Daphne takes the lead. Don't know why, but I kind of like the girl.

10. Element

Element Seventh Year

Voted Daphne here. Maybe I just like the name, or perhap's I've read some good H/Daphne fanfics -- can't really remember. I liked Jeconais' A Perfect Eulogy, was it?. Can't remember the exact name. Ach -- my memory is failing me, need to get some sleep or some caffeine.

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I'm thinking scooby doo

12. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Lol, my head will pop if I hear "Ice Queen" again. And yes, I'm in denial about Blaise's gender.

13. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I vote none of the above... I say it will move to the Ravenclaw house and Lisa Turpin.

14. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Anyone got links to these fics?

And I'll go with Greengrass... hell... she has so little personality in the book that in 9 out of 10 femmeBlaise fics (the ones where she's pureblood) you can just replace every mention of Blaise's name and It'll work...