1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

I am Legend

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cruentus, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well here is the thread for I am Legend for all of you that have seen it to leave your thoughts on it.

Personally I loved it. You don't usually see movies that good anymore in my opinion so I was kinda shocked somebody but their mind to something useful and actually made something worth watching.

What do you think?

2. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I enjoyed the movie. I could see Will Smith getting an oscar nod for his role.

The movie really made me think. That is for sure.

3. Inferi

Inferi Third Year

Poor Samantha...thats all I have to say about it

4. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    I was sad. :(

But it was an awesome film and Will Smith was brilliant.

5. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I wish Ben Cortman was in it, but other than that they did a fairly good adaptation of the book.

Really really tense, seeing high the second time might not have been the best idea.

6. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Was great. I had never read the book and all I had seen of it was the commercials which didn't say anything about mutated people so I was very pleasently suprised by the movie.

7. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

Movie was really good. There were a few quite people were complaining about why he had to die for. They just had to kill off Sam. :(

How about the previews? That "Jumper" movie looked awesome plus Dark Knight.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  8. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yes, both did look quite good although Jumper looked like a rip off of something else I just cant remember what. Dark Knight will be epic if the previews are anythign to go by.

9. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

Yeah previews were sweet (besides Narnia), but overall I think this was one of the best movies I have seen all year. I can say that is the only movie I have seen so far that make me think oscar . Besides Actor I can see it taking best picture maybe. Oh an I live like 40 mins from Bethel the town in the end. That is really what it looks like to (just no big wall). When they cure cancer I will be scared. This movie has doomed me for that.

10. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

I have to admit that I was really impressed by the flashbacks; they flowed in with the storyline extremely well, never jumping in such a way that it was hard to understand what was going on. The only real complaint I had was how he didn't stock up on UV lights in his lab; seriously, I would have had the area ready to be bathed in UV light at the press of a panic button if I was doing experimentation down there, kind of like the knee level fire suppression buttons in some labs. Plotwise though, it was superbly executed.

11. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I thought the movie was great and I was very surprised at how well Will Smith pulled off crazy. The part where he was yelling at the Fred mannikin or when he was talking to the woman mannikin in the store after Sam died were incredibly well done.

12. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

I doubt that would work; the monsters were determined to kill him; if they broke the light spots defense around the house, they'd break those lights as well.

Anyway it's really a good movie; seen it twice.

Oh, there was just one thing I didn't understand. Did the alpha monster set the trap and moved Fred? They may not have lost all intelligence and social behavior, as the alpha seems to be pretty attached to his girlfriend (the one Neville captured)... but still, it's pretty hard to set up such a trap...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I figured that Neville (I have no idea if that's the spelling) made that trap for them to attack. After all, they were tricked by the mannequin on the dock. When they went for the mannequin Neville charged them with the SUV.

14. The Duke

The Duke Seventh Year

I'm giving it an 8/10 I loved everything about it, the movie actually made you think and care about the characters and the part when he went into the building looking for Sam was fukken scary! I give it an 8 for one simple reason, the mutants pissed me off, the looked BAD! Way to much CGI!

P.S. Seriously, it wasn't necessary for Sam to die was it? *tear*

15. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I loved this movie. That part with the zombies all huddling around in the dark was freaky as hell.

And the trap: It was Neville's own, the Alpha zombie tricked him into going into it.

Poor Sam :(

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You're assuming that there's even going to be oscars this year...

17. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

A. Vampires.

B. I highly doubt it was his own trap, based on the fact that we were shown him setting up the trap in which he captured the Alpha's wife. Considering the Alpha was there waiting with two vampire hounds, its safe to assume that both Fred and the trap were placed there by him as well.

However the trap was of his own design.

18. yhelo

yhelo Sixth Year

GODDAMMIT FRED!

This movie was highly enjoyable strictly because of the gunning down of a mannequin.

19. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Very good movie the whole cinema was like "Wake the fuck up!" when he's trapped and the suns going down. Can't remember the last time an audience was like that.

I thought it was a very well done remake of the book ( which is really good if you havn't read it) and will smith is the man.

20. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I thought the real ending was much more awesome than this standard hollywood ending.

The one in which he is executed because he was unknowingly killing members of the new society and was named legend by them because of his ability to walk in the light. ;)